CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do you cut your curly hair??

4 posters

Go down

How do you cut your curly hair?? Empty How do you cut your curly hair??

Post by QueenSheba 12th November 2010, 2:58 am

Hi curly's!!!! Ive been natural for almost two years now and Im still learning. I transitioned for about 13 months and trimmed my ends inbetween my sew-ins and braids. Now that Im wearing my hair curly I really dont want to straighten my hair to have my ends clipped. Is there any over way???
QueenSheba
QueenSheba

Back to top Go down

How do you cut your curly hair?? Empty Re: How do you cut your curly hair??

Post by Kea::curls 12th November 2010, 12:26 pm

Hi MiaNia Smile

I have been natural going on 1 year now and have not straightened my hair at all in that time.When I need to trim, i put my hair in medium sized twists. Then I saturate the ends with water/conditioner mix and look at each individual twist up close:

Are the ends....

1. unusually puffy?
2. jagged or split?
3. tangled or in knots?
4. do they curl/coil up easily?

Based on what I see, I will snip away the damaged ends as needed. This method will not make perfectly even ends but that's really only visible if you wear your hair straight often. And make sure you use sharp/clean hair shears (to avoid creating new split ends!) Hope this helps Smile

Kea::curls
Kea::curls

http://public.fotki.com/KeaCurls/

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly Film Chick 12th November 2010, 1:17 pm

Kea::curls wrote:Hi MiaNia Smile

I have been natural going on 1 year now and have not straightened my hair at all in that time.When I need to trim, i put my hair in medium sized twists. Then I saturate the ends with water/conditioner mix and look at each individual twist up close:

Are the ends....

1. unusually puffy?
2. jagged or split?
3. tangled or in knots?
4. do they curl/coil up easily?

Based on what I see, I will snip away the damaged ends as needed. This method will not make perfectly even ends but that's really only visible if you wear your hair straight often. And make sure you use sharp/clean hair shears (to avoid creating new split ends!) Hope this helps Smile

I do something similar to this. I don't usually twists unless my hair is already stretched and dry though and I tend to trim ssk and splits when my hair is wet and it works well for me.
Curly Film Chick
Curly Film Chick

http://www.quirkycurlyfilmchick.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by QueenSheba 13th November 2010, 1:58 am

Thanks so much Kea::Curls and Curly Film chick. Im going to try them both and figure out what works best for me.
QueenSheba
QueenSheba

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 14th November 2010, 1:06 am

I think its time for me to get a mini-trim! Its been, I know, a year and a month or so! Although I don't straighten it, I still want my ends to be healthy. And for some reason, the hair on the nape of my neck is extremely longer than the rest of my hair and I want to even it out. Its the weirdest thing...maybe because its lower than the rest of my hair. Has anyone else experienced this? Anyhoo...I thought about just kind of trimming it up on my own...maybe doing the twist method and cutting from there, but I've never done it so Im kind of skeptical! I was considering going to a stylist at the beginning of the year, but IDK! I definitely don't want a lot cut off....just a good light trim!
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down