CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm a newbie myself but I will be a Big Sis

+3
teeshteesh
ChrsLvsBks
Lynnieluve
7 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

I'm a newbie myself but I will be a Big Sis - Page 3 Empty Re: I'm a newbie myself but I will be a Big Sis

Post by Mz. CiCi 27th February 2010, 7:32 pm

They don't really seem to last. I just twisted my hair today so hopefully it'll last for a few days
Mz. CiCi
Mz. CiCi

http://lesisworld.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

I'm a newbie myself but I will be a Big Sis - Page 3 Empty Re: I'm a newbie myself but I will be a Big Sis

Post by Lynnieluve 27th February 2010, 7:37 pm

Depending on what size I do my twist, they dont last long either. If I do mini twist, they could probably last up to two weeks. The longest I've let them last was about 8 days.

I usually do my twist small. They last about 4-5 days but know on day 4 and 5 they are on their last leg.

In my opinion, I believe twist will last longer (up to a month) when your hair is longer. That's what I've observed from see other curlies on this forum with longer hair.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Mz. CiCi 27th February 2010, 8:57 pm

OK! Thank u!
Mz. CiCi
Mz. CiCi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mz. CiCi 3rd March 2010, 3:40 pm

So I took my twists out b/c they weren't my best but I'm going to try to redo them on Spring Break on dry hair b/c they seem to last longer. They really are helping my hair grow!
Mz. CiCi
Mz. CiCi

Back to top Go down

Post by teeshteesh 3rd March 2010, 3:53 pm

Loving the new default pic Big Sis.
I bought the coconut oil and the shea butter but I have no idea how to use them. Help me please. LOL
teeshteesh
teeshteesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 3rd March 2010, 4:02 pm

Ways I use my coconut oil:
~on top of my leave in conditioner
~to oil my scalp

You can whip the shea butter and coconut oil together with a hand mixer. If you dont have one, you can mix the two together with a spoon. Start out mixing a small amount together so see how it works on your hair before you make a big batchh.

My lastest shea butter mixture is shea butter, coconut oil, castor oil and extra virgin olive oil.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by teeshteesh 3rd March 2010, 4:11 pm

When you say on top of your leave-in conditioner, do you mean that you massage it in after you apply the conditioner?
teeshteesh
teeshteesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 3rd March 2010, 4:13 pm

Yep. I scoop out about a spoonful of coconut oil, rub it in the hands until it melts and massage it into my hair after I have already applied my leave in conditioner.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by teeshteesh 3rd March 2010, 4:17 pm

Oooooooooo. Ok. I'm going to try that. I haven't washed my hair since last week because I have been sick but as soon as I was it. I'm going to try that! Thanks Sis
teeshteesh
teeshteesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 3rd March 2010, 4:21 pm

I forgot to thank you for the compliment. I hope you feel better soon. Let me know how you like it after you try it.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by teeshteesh 3rd March 2010, 4:37 pm

Your welcome Lady, and thank you. I'll definitely let you know. I am thinking about getting some two strand twists (I have no idea how to do them) but I'll keep you updated and take pics if I get them.
teeshteesh
teeshteesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Mz. CiCi 4th March 2010, 12:29 pm

How do you do micro twists? I'm going home for Spring Break & in my little town, natural isn't embraced. I need a cute yet easy style.
Mz. CiCi
Mz. CiCi

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 4th March 2010, 12:49 pm

Have you checked YouTube Mz CiCi? There are some great tutorials on their.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by teeshteesh 8th March 2010, 6:31 am

Hey Big Sis, I updated my avatar Smile
I have a question though... What hair type do you think I have? I have no idea what it is.... LOL
teeshteesh
teeshteesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 8th March 2010, 10:37 am

I like your new avatar!!! I can see your growth too. I checked out your fotki last night. So what do you think about the coconut oil?

To answer your question, I am terrible at guessing hair types but I would say 3c/4a [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I dont know. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by teeshteesh 8th March 2010, 3:00 pm

I love the coconut oil, i do think I used too much LOL. I got so excited and I moisturized a lot of into my hair.

I get my hair trimmed today. I am super duper excited. She is going to have to straighten it to trim so I will be able to see how much my hair has grown since January.

Do you think I should do anything special to it before?
teeshteesh
teeshteesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 8th March 2010, 7:14 pm

Find out what kind of heat protectant she is gonna use. You may want to take your own just in case. You dont want to get heat damage.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Heart2Worship 18th March 2010, 12:36 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:I like to use the coconut oil to oil/grease my scalp. It's really light. BTW, the coconut oil will be solid when you buy it. I usually keep a plastic spoon next to my coconut oil. I scoop out what I need. It melts when you put it in your hands.

After I apply my leave in conditioner, I put a little coconut oil on top of it.

I've also used EVOO and EVCO (extra virgin coconut oil) together as a deep conditioner with heat for about 30-40 minutes. I rinsed it out with warm water then gradually switch the water to cold water. My hair was so soft and moisturized.

I've mixed EVOO with water and a light conditioner in a spray bottle to spritz/refresh my hair in the mornings.

I hope this helps.

Hey Lynnieluve! I am currently transitioning (6 mths in the game--WHEW!) and as I was reading this thread I noticed the above statement in bold. So you don't use any conditioners along with the EVOO and EVCO? And is there a particular reason why you start with warm water and ten graudually switch to cold water?
Heart2Worship
Heart2Worship

Back to top Go down

Post by Mz. CiCi 18th March 2010, 3:22 pm

Wow I haven't posted up here in such a long time! Right now, in between band practice and homework, I've been wearing braids and twists all using my hair. I've received so many compliments! Right now, I have to keep moisture in my hair so any ideas about how I can do that and not have to literally carry my spray bottle with me?
Mz. CiCi
Mz. CiCi

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 18th March 2010, 6:13 pm

Heart2Worship wrote:
Lynnieluve wrote:I like to use the coconut oil to oil/grease my scalp. It's really light. BTW, the coconut oil will be solid when you buy it. I usually keep a plastic spoon next to my coconut oil. I scoop out what I need. It melts when you put it in your hands.

After I apply my leave in conditioner, I put a little coconut oil on top of it.

I've also used EVOO and EVCO (extra virgin coconut oil) together as a deep conditioner with heat for about 30-40 minutes. I rinsed it out with warm water then gradually switch the water to cold water. My hair was so soft and moisturized.

I've mixed EVOO with water and a light conditioner in a spray bottle to spritz/refresh my hair in the mornings.

I hope this helps.

Hey Lynnieluve! I am currently transitioning (6 mths in the game--WHEW!) and as I was reading this thread I noticed the above statement in bold. So you don't use any conditioners along with the EVOO and EVCO? And is there a particular reason why you start with warm water and ten graudually switch to cold water?

Hey Heart to Worship,

That's great you've made 6 months so far. I applaud long term transitioners.....I couldnt do it. How long do you plan to transition?

No, I dont use any conditioners with the EVOO and EVCO.

The cold water rinse helps close your cuticles and cut back on the appearance of frizz. I use warm water first because it gets the oils out better then gradually switch to cold water to help with the shock [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] affect of the cold water on your scalp.

I hope this helps and makes sense.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 18th March 2010, 6:38 pm

Hey MzCici,

Check out this article. This is some great information.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/278612/the_fine_art_of_protein_and_moisture.html?singlepage=true&cat=69

I apply my products this way. water based product (First ingredient is water) + oil (I use coconut oil) + cream based moisturizer (I use my shea butter mix)

What are you currently using to moisturize?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by teeshteesh 18th March 2010, 11:46 pm

Hey Big Sis, I took a picture of my hair straightened the last time. It came out really well and she only trimmed what was necessary. Its on my fotki. Can you check it out please?

I also bought the Giovanni that you were talking about. I tried it for the first time today. That is also on my Fotki. Thanks for the tips. You are the best!
teeshteesh
teeshteesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Mz. CiCi 19th March 2010, 12:39 am

Lynnieluve wrote:Hey MzCici,

Check out this article. This is some great information.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/278612/the_fine_art_of_protein_and_moisture.html?singlepage=true&cat=69

I apply my products this way. water based product (First ingredient is water) + oil (I use coconut oil) + cream based moisturizer (I use my shea butter mix)

What are you currently using to moisturize?

Right now, it's a mix of water & condish in a spray bottle (mostly water with 4 dollops or condish) then my butters and bars grow my hair butter.
Mz. CiCi
Mz. CiCi

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 19th March 2010, 1:27 am

So the only thing you are missing is an oil. What kind of oils do you have?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Mz. CiCi 19th March 2010, 2:51 am

I've been using Africa's Best Ultimate Herbal Oil b/c it has all the good oils plus it's pretty good (read: cheap)
Mz. CiCi
Mz. CiCi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next