CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manipulation (sp?)

3 posters

Go down

Manipulation (sp?) Empty Manipulation (sp?)

Post by Benea Curly's 22nd July 2010, 9:33 am

I re-twist my hair three times a week is that to much hair manipulation? I scared my hair will stop growing [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Benea Curly's

Back to top Go down

Manipulation (sp?) Empty Re: Manipulation (sp?)

Post by HappyCurly 22nd July 2010, 10:47 am

I don't know. I braid or re twist my hair often and it is growing. my goal is to start wearing braids and twists out of the house more often though. getting into protective styling!

i think the hair will grow unless you hurt your scalp. the question is: will the length it puts out still be there? or is it breaking off? i would say: look at your hands as you are re twisting. are little hairs breaking off? if no hair breaks off that might be a good sign that the re twisting isn't damaging your hair. i don't know if it is making it weaker, but if breakage isn't a problem, you'r probably ok.

HappyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly Film Chick 22nd July 2010, 11:52 am

I think hair will always grow, it's the ends that you should be concerned about since they are the oldest part of your hair. When manipulating your hair, protecting and being gentle with your ends are important, esp if you are going for length retention...
Curly Film Chick
Curly Film Chick

http://www.quirkycurlyfilmchick.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Benea Curly's 22nd July 2010, 4:06 pm

Thanks ladies.. before I retwist my hair I spritz it with my water bottle then I apply afroveda...i don't see a lot of hair breaking so I think I am good.

Benea Curly's

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down