CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELP!!!I'M TRANSITIONING AND I DON'T HAVE A CLUE ON HOW TO TAKE CARE OF MY HAIR!!!!

3 posters

Go down

HELP!!!I'M TRANSITIONING AND I DON'T HAVE A CLUE ON HOW TO TAKE CARE OF MY HAIR!!!! Empty HELP!!!I'M TRANSITIONING AND I DON'T HAVE A CLUE ON HOW TO TAKE CARE OF MY HAIR!!!!

Post by photobscura 13th January 2010, 1:41 am

Hi my name is Katrina and I decided for 2010 I'd start wearing my hair natural. I'm so overwhelmed! I just read my hair type and it turns out I'm a 4b, which kind of sucks cause apparently it's the most fragile. I like my hair, I just don't think I should have the most fragile of hair because I know absolutely nothing when it comes to my hair.

Can anyone tell me tips on taking care of 4b hair? What products (moistures,leave-in conditioners,curl cremes) that would benefit my type of hair? How do I grow my hair out? I want it to be longer but I have no clue how to make it long. I want to do braid outs too but I'm afraid since my hair is fragile that might not be the best thing for it.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!
photobscura
photobscura

http://www.katrinadavisphotograhy.com

Back to top Go down

HELP!!!I'M TRANSITIONING AND I DON'T HAVE A CLUE ON HOW TO TAKE CARE OF MY HAIR!!!! Empty Re: HELP!!!I'M TRANSITIONING AND I DON'T HAVE A CLUE ON HOW TO TAKE CARE OF MY HAIR!!!!

Post by Intelligentbeauty 13th January 2010, 4:13 am

Hi, congrats on your decision to go natural. I am a 9 month transitioner. When I started out, I first tried to research about curly hair in general. Because curly hair is curly hair, no matter what texture. How does curly hair grow, how to handle curly hair, proteins and curly hair, porousity and curl hair, etc.

Here is a link to get you started:
http://www.curlynikki.com/2009/06/resource-for-newbies-and-transitioners.html

You can refer to my link below to follow my transition. Also check out tiffany anderson's site and www.naturallycurly.com. These were very helpful to me.

As you go thru the process, keep a notebook of what you use and how your hair responses to it. This will help you later. Your hair is changing and so will your products and styles. What works in one phase of transition may not work in another and vice versa. That's why keeping a hair journal is so important. Keep asking questions and stay connected. God Bless and welcome to the world of natural hair!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

HELP!!!I'M TRANSITIONING AND I DON'T HAVE A CLUE ON HOW TO TAKE CARE OF MY HAIR!!!! Empty Re: HELP!!!I'M TRANSITIONING AND I DON'T HAVE A CLUE ON HOW TO TAKE CARE OF MY HAIR!!!!

Post by photobscura 13th January 2010, 2:23 pm

Intelligentbeauty wrote:Hi, congrats on your decision to go natural. I am a 9 month transitioner. When I started out, I first tried to research about curly hair in general. Because curly hair is curly hair, no matter what texture. How does curly hair grow, how to handle curly hair, proteins and curly hair, porousity and curl hair, etc.

You can refer to my link below to follow my transition. Also check out tiffany anderson's site and www.naturallycurly.com. These were very helpful to me.

As you go thru the process, keep a notebook of what you use and how your hair responses to it. This will help you later. Your hair is changing and so will your products and styles. What works in one phase of transition may not work in another and vice versa. That's why keeping a hair journal is so important. Keep asking questions and stay connected. God Bless and welcome to the world of natural hair!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thank you very much for your help. I checked out your cautious curly page and it's very inspiring! I didn't know you could do so many cute hair styles with no heat lol.

Thanks again!
photobscura
photobscura

http://www.katrinadavisphotograhy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 13th January 2010, 3:46 pm

Your welcome. Just remember patience is key but have fun with it. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by TraciJD05 24th January 2010, 12:28 am

I am in the same boat - everytime I wash my hair and then blow dry it and straighten it the next day it is a poofy mess. I was getting my hair done twice a month but am trying to cut down to once a month b/c I convinced myself I need to try to learn to do it myself. . .so far no luck

TraciJD05

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 25th January 2010, 1:28 am

Intelligentbeauty wrote:Hi, congrats on your decision to go natural. I am a 9 month transitioner. When I started out, I first tried to research about curly hair in general. Because curly hair is curly hair, no matter what texture. How does curly hair grow, how to handle curly hair, proteins and curly hair, porousity and curl hair, etc.

I offer you this same advise as above. I am in my 10th month now. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
If you are trying to get your natural hair to act like your permed hair to blend and it's not working out, do the opposite. Try to make your permed hair act like your natural hair and keep it curly. You can achieve this by learning how to style your hair curly from the start [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . I had the same problem when I tried to go natural years ago and I was unsuccessful at the process. But once I understood curly hair and how it grows and what it needs, I realized I cannot continue to force my curly hair straight. I had to work it the other way around. And it as be successful. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
You can achieve this without heat and by your own hand. It just takes practice and patience. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down