CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I just cut my hair and have no clue how to style it. HELP!!

4 posters

Go down

I just cut my hair and have no clue how to style it. HELP!! Empty I just cut my hair and have no clue how to style it. HELP!!

Post by hdthomas 6th January 2010, 4:43 pm

I chopped all of my hair off in october and there was nothing i could really do except shape it up and wear the short hair. Now, i have a little afro and the only thing i've tried was gel twist and when those started to get old i pulled them apart and wore it curly. It was cute but i wanna know what else i can do. This experience is traumatic for me seeing as though i never wanted to chop my hair off in the first place. My mother decided to shave my head without asking me while she was doing my hair. I told her i wanted to cut my hair and go natural before i left for basic training but she took it in her own hands to cut it 6 months in advance. So im still getting used to going from really long relaxed hair (which everyone knew me for), to a short afro which i've never had in my life. I even feel self conscious sometimes about how i look. Does anyone have any advice on how i should style it and even how to feel confident wearing the hairstyle?

This is where i started
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

and this is how it is now

[url=http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/grow-long-f9/i-just-cut-my-hair-and-have-no-clue-how-to-style-it-help-t1539.htm#]Enlarge this image
Reduce this image
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/url]

[url=http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/grow-long-f9/i-just-cut-my-hair-and-have-no-clue-how-to-style-it-help-t1539.htm#]Enlarge this image
Reduce this image
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/url]
hdthomas
hdthomas

Back to top Go down

I just cut my hair and have no clue how to style it. HELP!! Empty Re: I just cut my hair and have no clue how to style it. HELP!!

Post by SisterBoyd 6th January 2010, 5:12 pm

I think your Afro is cute and you could rock that most days. Now that you have length you can do puffs with a variety of headbands and scarves. You can try twist in the front, bantu knots in the front. You've already did twists you can perfect it for your hair now. Have you tried products like kinky curly to do wash'n'go's?
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

https://www.youtube.com/sisterboyd, www.blackplanet.com/sisterboy

Back to top Go down

I just cut my hair and have no clue how to style it. HELP!! Empty Re: I just cut my hair and have no clue how to style it. HELP!!

Post by hdthomas 6th January 2010, 5:15 pm

no. I have no clue what products to use, how to use them or anything lol. right now its really cold in dc so a wash'n'go would be a bad idea. anything else i can do?
hdthomas
hdthomas

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 6th January 2010, 5:20 pm

Afro, twists, bantu knots...but I'm on the West Coast in sunny Califonria so I'm probably the last person to ask ha haha
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

https://www.youtube.com/sisterboyd, www.blackplanet.com/sisterboy

Back to top Go down

Post by hdthomas 6th January 2010, 5:23 pm

lol thanks anyway
hdthomas
hdthomas

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 13th January 2010, 1:54 pm

hdthomas: you should submit your question to MahoganyCurls and also check her out on Youtube. I think your fro is cute yet I understand your self-consciousness because that's why I've transitioned as long as I have but my mom, a natural as long as I can remember has been very supportive.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by tressedforsuccess 13th January 2010, 6:24 pm

HAMPTONSFNST wrote:hdthomas: you should submit your question to MahoganyCurls and also check her out on Youtube. I think your fro is cute yet I understand your self-consciousness because that's why I've transitioned as long as I have but my mom, a natural as long as I can remember has been very supportive.

How much has your grown in a year? My plan is to transition for a year, I'm 5 months in. Just wondering how much growth to expect. Thanks.
tressedforsuccess
tressedforsuccess

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down