CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Almost a year of transitioning I think it's time for the BC I DON'T CARE WHAT MY GRANNY SAYS!!

+3
Lynnieluve
tressedforsuccess
Dannibeau24
7 posters

Go down

Almost a year of transitioning I think it's time for the BC I DON'T CARE WHAT MY GRANNY SAYS!! Empty Almost a year of transitioning I think it's time for the BC I DON'T CARE WHAT MY GRANNY SAYS!!

Post by Dannibeau24 29th January 2010, 10:54 pm

Hi Everyone I am Danielle but everyone calls me Danni. I started transitioning April 17th 2009 my decision to transition came out the blue I have been getting perms since I was 8 years old and I've had the same roller wrap since my freshman year in high school I guess I started to get sick of the same thing. Almost all the women in my family are hairdressers and so yea I really don't have a fan base to cheer me on my natural hair journey. And I know that when I do the BC in a few weeks it will be worse I just decided not to tell anyone that I did it especially to my grandmother she'll have a heart attack and Lord knows I don't want that to happen..smh..lol But I am excited about it I think every woman should embrace the beauty God has given to them [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I am happy to be here with beautiful women like me hopefully I can make lots of friends to measure up to the one's who don't approve of my nappiness..

Thanks BE BLESSED AND NAPPY
DanNi
Dannibeau24
Dannibeau24

Back to top Go down

Almost a year of transitioning I think it's time for the BC I DON'T CARE WHAT MY GRANNY SAYS!! Empty Re: Almost a year of transitioning I think it's time for the BC I DON'T CARE WHAT MY GRANNY SAYS!!

Post by tressedforsuccess 29th January 2010, 11:34 pm

Welcome. I know exactly how you feel. My mom keeps asking me when I'm going to get a perm (I'm currently transitioning) and my grandmother keeps asking how far am I going to take this "natural thing". Rolling Eyes Just keep checking in here for inspiration and support.
tressedforsuccess
tressedforsuccess

Back to top Go down

Almost a year of transitioning I think it's time for the BC I DON'T CARE WHAT MY GRANNY SAYS!! Empty Re: Almost a year of transitioning I think it's time for the BC I DON'T CARE WHAT MY GRANNY SAYS!!

Post by Dannibeau24 29th January 2010, 11:53 pm

Hi! and thank You! My granny told me to call her when I'm ready to get a perm...smh I think my mom is interested in seeing how things turns out she might try and go natural she's always copying me so we'll see..lol
Dannibeau24
Dannibeau24

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 29th January 2010, 11:57 pm

Welcome Danni!!! As long as YOU are ready to BC, I say go for it. I hope your family will eventually come around and respect your decision.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by DivaDel 29th January 2010, 11:57 pm

Same here, I'm off in college and I'm two hours away from my hometown. It was a time when I went home very often, but for the past year or so I go home when I have time; so usually I don't see my mom for months at a time. My last perm was February 7 2009, so I'm right at a year of transitioning and I plan to transition for 6 more months. Everytime I see my mom she says, "so when are you getting a perm"? or " I can't wait until you get a perm", I think this is so RUDE; as hard as it is to transition those are not the things that I want to hear. She does it in a joking manner but I find it to be a bit aggravating. I can't wait until these 6 months fly by because I really believe that once I do the Big Chop; she will love it. I try not to get upset because I know that it's hard for her and many other of my family members to understand.

DivaDel

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannibeau24 30th January 2010, 12:05 am

Lynnieluve wrote:Welcome Danni!!! As long as YOU are ready to BC, I say go for it. I hope your family will eventually come around and respect your decision.

Thanks Ms. Lynnieluve and yea I hope they do to [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Dannibeau24
Dannibeau24

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannibeau24 30th January 2010, 12:12 am

DivaDel wrote:Same here, I'm off in college and I'm two hours away from my hometown. It was a time when I went home very often, but for the past year or so I go home when I have time; so usually I don't see my mom for months at a time. My last perm was February 7 2009, so I'm right at a year of transitioning and I plan to transition for 6 more months. Everytime I see my mom she says, "so when are you getting a perm"? or " I can't wait until you get a perm", I think this is so RUDE; as hard as it is to transition those are not the things that I want to hear. She does it in a joking manner but I find it to be a bit aggravating. I can't wait until these 6 months fly by because I really believe that once I do the Big Chop; she will love it. I try not to get upset because I know that it's hard for her and many other of my family members to understand.

I'm in college as well but I am 10 hours away from home [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I guess some part of me going natural had to do with paying for a perm every month that wasn't cool. When I was home it was free...lol But understand your issue my sister is like that and it is very aggravating because at times you don't know what to do with your hair after you wash it and I don't know how to braid the only thing I know how to do is a straw set and that takes like 5 hours. So doing the BC is on my mind a lot. But I am here with you all the way. The fam will learn to love it so I'm not worried if they don't sorry for them because I love it and that's all that matters [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Dannibeau24
Dannibeau24

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 30th January 2010, 10:26 am

Hi Danni,

Welcome to the boards. You will be fine and your family will learn to embrace your natural beauty.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsrenaissance 30th January 2010, 1:22 pm

welcome danni! i say when you're ready go for it [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
mrsrenaissance
mrsrenaissance

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannibeau24 30th January 2010, 1:44 pm

BlondeByDesire wrote:Hi Danni,

Welcome to the boards. You will be fine and your family will learn to embrace your natural beauty.

Thank You [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Dannibeau24
Dannibeau24

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannibeau24 30th January 2010, 1:45 pm

mrsrenaissance wrote:welcome danni! i say when you're ready go for it [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thank You [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Dannibeau24
Dannibeau24

Back to top Go down

Post by Deva_87 30th January 2010, 7:31 pm

yeah I understand my mom is supportive but when I'm at school I can't depend on that so I have to have my own motivation. I was talking to my roommate and I told I was going to cut my hair and she said she felt sorry for me. SMH!!!! I was like really I'm not going to die if I cut my hair. So you go for it and don't wait for your family to support you because sometimes people just disagree. As long as your ready then it is that's all that matters.
Deva_87
Deva_87

http://members.fotki.com/Deva87/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down