CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transitioning my 4-year-old

4 posters

Go down

Transitioning my 4-year-old Empty Transitioning my 4-year-old

Post by NhappyJackie 11th January 2010, 5:36 pm

She is by no means overprocessed. Her hair was texturized in June of 2008 and fully relaxed in Aug 2009. She has not had any chemicals in her hair since, but the relaxer did not take fully (if you know what I mean). So, she still has a head of mostly curly hair, but some of it is straight.

I have not put any heat in her hair. I co-wash it with Garnier Fructise Moisture Works (it works great for me), moisturize with a blend of shea butter, almond oil, jojoba oil and coconut oil, and to slick the edges I use ORS Twist and Lock gel.

All that being said, I think her hair is breaking off. Right now, her hair is (in kiddie land) BSL. But when I comb her hair I have these little snips of hair on my shirt or in the comb. He hair does not feel hard or dry and I'm wondering if it is breaking off. I clipped her ends the Saturday after Thanksgiving, so it seems a little soon for it to be breaking off.

Should I DC her hair? She has never had a DC and I wonder if that is what she needs.
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Transitioning my 4-year-old Empty Re: Transitioning my 4-year-old

Post by mrsmackey 11th January 2010, 5:57 pm

Hi Jackie...now i'm no expert but my 7 and 8 year old have been transitioning for about 10 months. I DC their hair every Sunday..and then we co-wash on Wednesday nights. it's done WONDERS for their hair..new growth is EASY to handle now...and i mean THICK new growth but ever since we started DCing, i'm so excited about their hair...i would suggest you try it..
mrsmackey
mrsmackey

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 18th January 2010, 11:12 am

Hi Jackie,

Your daughter's hair could be shedding. If you see small white bulbs on the follicles then it's definitely shedding. I would implement DT and if you need additional assistance contact NikG, our resident expert on children's hair in the CurlyFriends forum. Her daughter's hair is well kept.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 19th January 2010, 12:26 pm

OOOHHHH.....I am so late responding. Thanks ladies for the tips.
@ mrsmackey, I did her first DT on Friday and so for everything looks good.

@ hamptonsfnst, I checked for the white bulbs and there were none. Thanks for the tip on NikG.
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by ashollan 21st January 2010, 5:53 pm

I DC my 3yo daughter's natural hair every Sunday...sometimes with heat and sometimes without heat(for 1 hour using a plastic cap wrap with aluminimum foil). This makes her hair very very moist and reduces breakage. I have been doing it for about a year and half.
ashollan
ashollan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down