CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Today marks my 1 year of transitioning!

+7
MzLaLaRochelle
BeautifullyMehh
SherylsTresses
TiffNotANY
Ebbz
mverde3
Tmochava
11 posters

Go down

Today marks my 1 year of transitioning! Empty Today marks my 1 year of transitioning!

Post by Tmochava 2nd July 2010, 1:51 am

I made my 1 year mark of transitioning and I am really proud of myself. A year went by really fast and I can't wait until another year flies by. I wasn't really worried about growth because I never had growth issues just breakage from the relaxers but I decided what the heck, why not measure it to see how far I have come. I have grown 6 inches of hair this year and that's just the back of my head but I'm happy I'm making progress. Can't wait to see what my hair will look like in another year which is when I will do my BC. If I keep at this pace, I will have 12 inches of hair when I BC and I think that would be perfect for me to BC.

woot! dance
Tmochava
Tmochava

Back to top Go down

Today marks my 1 year of transitioning! Empty Re: Today marks my 1 year of transitioning!

Post by mverde3 2nd July 2010, 1:56 am

Congratulations !!! This is definitely a joyous occasion ! I can't wait until I am in the same boat as you Smile Smile
mverde3
mverde3

Back to top Go down

Today marks my 1 year of transitioning! Empty Re: Today marks my 1 year of transitioning!

Post by Ebbz 2nd July 2010, 2:19 am

Congrats! I wish I could wait that long. I plan to BC at the end of the year.
Ebbz
Ebbz

https://www.facebook.com/ekragin or www.twitter.com/TRUELIFE_ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by TiffNotANY 2nd July 2010, 3:13 am

woot! Congrats!! I can't wait til my one year mark.
TiffNotANY
TiffNotANY

Back to top Go down

Post by SherylsTresses 2nd July 2010, 11:03 am

Congrats! I'm 11 post and can't wait to BC at the 2 or 2 1/2 year mark.
SherylsTresses
SherylsTresses

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifullyMehh 2nd July 2010, 11:40 am

Congratulations! I can't wait until I get as far as you Smile Ha.
BeautifullyMehh
BeautifullyMehh

Back to top Go down

Post by MzLaLaRochelle 2nd July 2010, 1:00 pm

Congrats lady!! Yesterday would have been one year for me as well, but I BC'd exactly at the 11month mark last month (couldn't deal with the two textures anymore). When do you plan to BC or do you intend to just trim slowly until it's all grown out??
MzLaLaRochelle
MzLaLaRochelle

http://public.fotki.com/MzLaLaRochelle/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tmochava 2nd July 2010, 8:24 pm

Thanks everybody! I can't believe how much patience I have to not have BC'd already and I'm usually an impatient person.

@MzLaLaRochelle....I am going to BC in July 2011, which will be my 2 year mark. Transitioning hasn't been that bad for me (yet, lol) because I have been keeping my hair in twist extensions so I don't mess with my hair too much.
Tmochava
Tmochava

Back to top Go down

Post by LCnewjourney 4th July 2010, 3:33 am

Hi Tmochava

when you take your twists out, do you just wash it without combing it out first? I tried that because I've been reading so much about not combing dry hair and I feel like I lost A LOT of hair. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Clumps of strands were coming out when I detangled with conditioner and I kept wondering if I would have been better off combing it out before washing. Let me know how you manage to detangle after twist extensions, please! Thanks! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

LCnewjourney

Back to top Go down

Post by Janique 4th July 2010, 3:52 am

When I had kinky twists, I made sure to detangle my hair dry and with my fingers before putting any water. Adding water after taking out extensions is just asking for severe tangles from all the trapped shed hair. Then, i parted my hair into sections and washed and detangled in sections. I didn't have any issues using this method.
Janique
Janique

Back to top Go down

Post by Tmochava 4th July 2010, 11:22 am

@LCnewJourney....I detangle my hair with conditioner when I take my twists out. You don't want to do it dry b/c it's rough on the hair strands and will cause it to snap and break. Keep in mind when you put your hair in any kind of extensions your hair is not free to shed so when you take out the extensions expect a lot if shedding. It's pretty much everything that would have shedded if you detangled regularly so no need to worry. Also when you do detangle make sure you do it in the shower when the water is flowing down on the head and leave the conditioner on for at least 15 minutes before you start to detangle. I deep condition when I take my twists out so I leave it on my head for an hour before I detangle and I don't have any problems.
Tmochava
Tmochava

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallyme09 7th July 2010, 9:49 am

@ LCnewjourney: I agree that its best to comb out your hair after removing twists/braids before wetting (washing). Just remember to detangle gentle and in sections. Unfortunately, I had to learn the hard way. I was afraid to comb my hair while dry after removing braids and I ended up with a tangled, matted mess. I lost so much hair and I ended up having to cut my matted hair. The hair that you see in the comb after combing your hair out is the hair you would have normally shedded anyway.
naturallyme09
naturallyme09

Back to top Go down

Post by I Luv Grease! 11th July 2010, 11:40 pm

What a great accomplishment! I can't wait to get to 1 yr post! Congrats!
I Luv Grease!
I Luv Grease!

https://www.youtube.com/daniellef89

Back to top Go down

Post by Tmochava 12th July 2010, 9:42 am

@I Luv Grease....Thanks! How long have you been transitioning?
Tmochava
Tmochava

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down