CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Natural in Wonderland

+37
LadyMika
poeticlyspkng
TheRYL1
DvaAuNaturel
Karyn
TMS
krazy coils
jcanalena79
CrissyQ
lovesunshine17
LaToya28
MellowOne
Nikcoils
NubieNatty
Juices-n-Berries
AfrikanLatina
blondie
bholmes87
KinkyNappyHappy
Pinkrage
BlondeByDesire
curly+kinky+fierce
ChrsLvsBks
Lynnieluve
Intelligentbeauty
truet
LilMsPuddles
Freestyles
sweetdrk1
Stacye
HumanNature
CocaColaCutie
SheeTacular
vonda4b
tiashaunteƩ
MsJay1121
FemmeFox
41 posters

Page 3 of 24 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 24  Next

Go down

Natural in Wonderland - Page 3 Empty Re: Natural in Wonderland

Post by ChrsLvsBks 30th January 2010, 2:32 pm

Loving the avatar. I am going to start experimenting with makeup very soon. Your shadow looks great!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 31st January 2010, 7:27 pm

Congrats on the win!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 31st January 2010, 9:08 pm

Congratulations on your win!!! What will you choose?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Natural in Wonderland - Page 3 Empty Easy like Monday morning!

Post by FemmeFox 1st February 2010, 1:55 pm

Good morning ladies!

Happy Beginning of Black History Month! How was your weekend? Mine was good. Overextended myself a bit at the brunch on Saturday but a great time was had by all. One of my friends who has known me for almost 10 yrs now complimented me on my natural saying that 'it gives you a glow'. How's that!

I cowashed Seffy and put a heaping handful of olive oil in her and that was pretty much it for care and maintenence this weekend. This morning I massaged her in the shower and spritzed a little leave-in on her when I got to work. It's going to be a wash-n-go week. I may get a trim sometime this week but I still need to see who the stylists are that can work with Natural hair.

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Loving the avatar. I am going to start experimenting with makeup very soon. Your shadow looks great!
Thanks Chrs! That pic was from Xmas. I'm wearing like 3-5 eyeshadows. Sometimes I just love wear a lot of color! I was experiementing with wearing a lot of color but not looking overdone. I think that it turned out well.

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Congrats on the win!
Lynnieluve wrote:Congratulations on your win!!! What will you choose?

Thanks for the congrats! I'm so exited. I'm going to get some shea butter and try it on my hair. In the past when I've gotten shea butter (from the Body Shop) the scent was a turn off. I'm hoping that it won't be the case this time. If it is, I'll add some EO and customize the scent.

Thanks again y'all! I enter contests all the time and haven't ever won so this is great! I'm also greatful that it led me to being a part of this wonderful online community!

Natural in Wonderland - Page 3 Icon_razz Savannah
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 1st February 2010, 2:11 pm

Congratulations on your win!
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 1st February 2010, 3:35 pm

Congrats!!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinkrage 1st February 2010, 5:11 pm

Congrats!
Pinkrage
Pinkrage

http://www.fotki.com/pinkrage

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 1st February 2010, 7:01 pm

ooh...congrats...report back on how you like that shea butter!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 2nd February 2010, 2:20 am

Congrats on your win!!! Natural in Wonderland - Page 3 Icon_smile
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Natural in Wonderland - Page 3 Empty Domino effect...

Post by FemmeFox 2nd February 2010, 1:02 pm

Natural in Wonderland - Page 3 Icon_biggrin

Thanks for all the congrats ladies! I think that this has had a domino effect or at least there is a HUGE coincidence...I logged onto my email and I won some Philosophy make-up from a contest I entered at Lucky Magazine!!!! What are the odds?!

As for my hair, today was a spritz and go day. I left Seffy wrapped up til I got work then hit with the moisture spritz and finger styled. I do believe that I will get a trim and shape this week. She's looking a lil raggedy with all the random straight hairs sticking up, lol.

So ladies, how do you know when it's time to trim? Are you on any type of schedule or do you just do it when the time feels right?

ttyl
Savannah aka 'Ms.-Feelin-Lucky' Natural in Wonderland - Page 3 Icon_santa
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 2nd February 2010, 1:38 pm

Congratulations....when you are on a roll you are on a roll. Natural in Wonderland - Page 3 Icon_cheers

Have you had a chance to post a picture of your twist out?
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 2nd February 2010, 1:48 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Congratulations....when you are on a roll you are on a roll. Natural in Wonderland - Page 3 Icon_cheers

Have you had a chance to post a picture of your twist out?

No twist out pics yet. I let that fade into my wash-n-go. I will do a new set of twists this weekend and will post pics and then the pics of the twist out will happen in about two weeks. Because my hair is still so short the twist out really just adds a bit of texture to my twa. But NO MORE EXCUSES!!! I will twist pic and post this weekend!!! Natural in Wonderland - Page 3 Icon_biggrin
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 2nd February 2010, 3:52 pm

FemmeFox wrote:Natural in Wonderland - Page 3 Icon_biggrin

Thanks for all the congrats ladies! I think that this has had a domino effect or at least there is a HUGE coincidence...I logged onto my email and I won some Philosophy make-up from a contest I entered at Lucky Magazine!!!! What are the odds?!

As for my hair, today was a spritz and go day. I left Seffy wrapped up til I got work then hit with the moisture spritz and finger styled. I do believe that I will get a trim and shape this week. She's looking a lil raggedy with all the random straight hairs sticking up, lol.

So ladies, how do you know when it's time to trim? Are you on any type of schedule or do you just do it when the time feels right?

ttyl
Savannah aka 'Ms.-Feelin-Lucky' Natural in Wonderland - Page 3 Icon_santa

I havent had a trim since I BC'd (almost 6 months ago) so I am gonna get a trim soon. Probably next week. I have a lot of fairy knots too so they have to go.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 2nd February 2010, 4:12 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:
I havent had a trim since I BC'd (almost 6 months ago) so I am gonna get a trim soon. Probably next week. I have a lot of fairy knots too so they have to go.

Umm I know I should look this up in the terms guide but what exactly are fairy knots?
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 2nd February 2010, 4:15 pm

It when a single strand of your hair curls up on itself and make a knot so small only a "fairy" could have tied it...hence the name "fairy knot"

They are also called single strand knots.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 2nd February 2010, 4:22 pm

Thanks Lynnie! I get those sometimes when my hair is longer. I am notorious for going through my hair and untangling in front of the tv. In fact when my GF moved her couch all the dust bunnies were of my hair, lol!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 2nd February 2010, 4:33 pm

I didnt start getting them until recently...probably within the last 2 months.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 2nd February 2010, 7:11 pm

I have quite a few at the ends of my twists. Yesterday I just started snipping all those fairies...lol Natural in Wonderland - Page 3 Lol

actually if I don't see them they don't bother me.... Natural in Wonderland - Page 3 Confused
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 3rd February 2010, 1:58 pm

I don't really have knots per se just little straight strands that stick up. Most days they don't bother me but lately it has been a bit much. Debating still on sho should trim my hair, should i get it done by a student at school or go to my old stylist. I was thinking that I would also get a DC when I get trimmed. Decisions, decisions.
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 4th February 2010, 2:41 pm

Happy Thursday!

How is everyone doing? Super Bowl plans? This week has been a 'womp' when it comes to hair care. Seffy's doing alright but she could use a wash and DC. My color is looking a bit dull and I think it's probably build up...I haven't shampooed my hair in about a month. So that is part of my Super Bowl plans. My GF is cooking up a storm, I'm only on salad duty so I should more than enough time on Sunday to luxuriate in playing with and styling my hair. I have noticed that since I've gone back to being Natural I really enjoy doing my hair - it's a form of relaxation. Natural in Wonderland - Page 3 Icon_sunny

So this weekend I plan to pre-poo, wash, DC, and style my darling Seffy. I said that I would do twists again and document them and my following twist-out for the TWA Styles thread. But after seeing Ni-Kiya's tutorial, I'm tempted to try that out too. I wonder if my hair is too long tho? And I'm still waiting on my shea butter....so it may have to wait. Oh well.

Happy styling ladies! Natural in Wonderland - Page 3 Icon_study
~Sav

Last edited by FemmeFox on 5th February 2010, 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by MsJay1121 4th February 2010, 6:21 pm

Congrats on the win!!! FYI: the shea butter from Butters and Bars is to DIE for!!! If the scent concerns you, there are many scented butters to pick from. I chose the sweet Georgia peach... YUM!
MsJay1121
MsJay1121

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 4th February 2010, 7:08 pm

CurlieCutes1121 wrote:Congrats on the win!!! FYI: the shea butter from Butters and Bars is to DIE for!!! If the scent concerns you, there are many scented butters to pick from. I chose the sweet Georgia peach... YUM!

Thanks CurlieCutes1121! I didn't know I got to choose a scent, CurlyNikki just asked for my address. I'll let you know if I get a scented one sent to me or not. I hope it works out, I have a whole list of things that I want to get from BnB!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 5th February 2010, 1:42 pm

CurlieCutes1121 wrote:Congrats on the win!!! FYI: the shea butter from Butters and Bars is to DIE for!!! If the scent concerns you, there are many scented butters to pick from. I chose the sweet Georgia peach... YUM!

OMG! I checked the scented butters out and am itching to get one! Almost not wanting to wait to buy scented butter, if it doesn't work on my hair I know it will keep the 'ash monster' at bay, lol! The scents I'm interetested in:

• Red Hibiscus and Acai
  • White Gardenia
  • White Tea and Ginger
  • Green Tea and Cucumber
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 5th February 2010, 1:48 pm

Happy Frika frika FRIDAY!

I decided that I didn't care if I was late to work today and took a long shower this morning. I gave the Sefalapod some love by cowashing with Aussie Moist, slicking back my hair with my hands to push the excess water out and slathering her with my BioInfusions leave-in. After I hopped out and did the rest of my routine. i blotted with a towel to remove an excess moisture (I know I should be using a tshirt Chrs! I'll sacrifice one this weekend!) and massaged olive oil over and through her. When I got to work and took off my head scarf and hat, she was till pretty damp at the top but dry alon the edges. I massaged some water onto the dry spots and was good to go! I really need to hop on the sealing bandwagon, esp along my edges.

Have a great weekend ladies!
~ Natural in Wonderland - Page 3 Icon_rr Savannah
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by MsJay1121 5th February 2010, 6:27 pm

FemmeFox wrote:

OMG! I checked the scented butters out and am itching to get one! Almost not wanting to wait to buy scented butter, if it doesn't work on my hair I know it will keep the 'ash monster' at bay, lol! The scents I'm interetested in:

• Red Hibiscus and Acai
  • White Gardenia
  • White Tea and Ginger
  • Green Tea and Cucumber

I was looking @ the white tea and ginger too.... but I let my hubbs pick the scent since I'm always on the blogs... lol

Let us know which scent you get!
MsJay1121
MsJay1121

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 24 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 24  Next