CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Absolutely Love Doing My Hair!

4 posters

Go down

I Absolutely Love Doing My Hair! Empty I Absolutely Love Doing My Hair!

Post by Tmochava 3rd January 2010, 2:04 am

Its seems that ever since I've started transitioning I always want to do my hair. I can't wait to wash it and try new products. Aside from trying new products I just love doing it period. When I was relaxed I did my hair every two weeks and that was it. I dreaded doing it. It was a hassle and I just wanted to get it done and over with but now I have this new found love for my hair. I put some twist extensions in my hair so I wouldn't mess with it and just let it grow. I planned to keep them in for a minimum of two months, I didn't even make it to the 4th week, lol. I just had to take them out so I can do my hair. I even had a friend of mine who offered to wash and style my hair. He's very supportive of my journey and has suggestions for everything to do with my hair and the funny thing is I'm a bit intrigued as to what he's going to do with it....LOL! I have a love/hate relationship with protective styles. I love them because it protects my hair from the harsh elements yet I hate them because my hair isn't free for me to mess in. I'm going to get a sew in, lets see how long I can keep that in.

Are you having a hard time keeping your hands out of your hair?
Tmochava
Tmochava

Back to top Go down

I Absolutely Love Doing My Hair! Empty Re: I Absolutely Love Doing My Hair!

Post by LearninToLove 3rd January 2010, 2:29 am

Oh most def! I LOVE wash days! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I was just like you didn't really want to do anything to mess up my perm, but now I'm wondering what I can do to it and everything! Even with my Bantu Knots in I STILL am playing in it! I have to touch them and feel the new growth! It's quite an interesting phenomena with me 'cause I'm not usually a girly-girl who's always messing with her hair, but I'm sure turning into one!

I was even starting to think about opening my holes up again and going shopping for earrings to match my styles! =)=)

Maybe this is the real me. Maybe I really am a girly-girl and have just been repressed all these years behind hair misunderstandings and perms! Whatever it is, I LIKE IT!!!!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
LearninToLove
LearninToLove

http://www.my-natural-motherhood-journey.com/work-at-home-mom-to

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 3rd January 2010, 9:38 am

OOOH yes, I love washing, conditioning, and just playing in my hair. But what I can not stand is styling. Oh the frustration of detangling, being careful not to damage my strands. Once it's done though, I love it [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 3rd January 2010, 11:50 am

I would love my hair even more once my relaxed ends are history.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Tmochava 3rd January 2010, 8:10 pm

@IntelligentBeauty - I completely understand about the detangling but since my last wash I have found the best detangling method for me and its great. I pretty much detangle with my fingers while showering with conditioner and once I rinse it out, the comb goes through my hair so easily. This way seems to prevent less damage if any is done. I would do the whole separate into sections method but I don't have the patience to do that. Feels nicer to run my fingers through it anyway.

@BlondeByDesire - I agree with you 100%, once the relaxed ends are gone I will fall in love with my hair even more.
Tmochava
Tmochava

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 4th January 2010, 8:00 am

T, I have done that method and it works well. But it is still a hassle once I step out the shower. The more it grows, the more tangles I am getting. And the tangles are always at the line of demarcation. Almost like my natural hair is rejecting the permed ends....lol.

It just takes tooo long to style.
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down