CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CHALLENGE: Use Your Stash

+30
FloridaSunshiny
BlondeByDesire
naturalhonney
snappynappy
CurlyMo
MissFierce21
KinkyNappyHappy
SheeTacular
iri9109
Freestyles
curly+kinky+fierce
SisterBoyd
ChrsLvsBks
YoungFlyy&Nappy
krazy coils
kchapman06
Corygentri
NikG20
lena73
divadr175
blondie
NubieNatty
likethemoon
Erica5417
Pinkrage
AfrikanLatina
Lynnieluve
Keisha
sweetdrk1
traveljunkie08
34 posters

Page 21 of 28 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 24 ... 28  Next

Go down

CHALLENGE: Use Your Stash - Page 21 Empty Re: CHALLENGE: Use Your Stash

Post by Lynnieluve 24th February 2010, 3:20 pm

NubieNatty wrote:i still have my mango butter chillin! im curious as to what to mix it with. its thicker n more stiff than the shea so im guessin it make for a good hold.

stop bein stingy...whats the buttercream recipe... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Look on page 2 of this thread near the bottom.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 24th February 2010, 6:40 pm

NubieNatty wrote:love the puff shee! i feel u on being the mixtress cuz i dmn sure plan on eliminating getting so many butters that basically are the same. i got plenty of oils, and eo's to mix w/butters to come close to what i buy, lol.

Thanks NN!!

Sooooo it's okay to move my end date up right...
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 24th February 2010, 6:43 pm

yea cuz im movin mine up, lol. i think im gonna treat myself every 2-3 months and still contribute to my hair fund every month!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 26th February 2010, 5:32 am

sooooooo lynnie, what u gettin from kbb today??? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 26th February 2010, 12:29 pm

I got the KBB Conditioning Shampoo (which I love and is now a staple) free with my last order so I have to wait until Tuesday. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 26th February 2010, 6:10 pm

You know because I have been doing these styles that last...I haven't been using my products. I still have a ton of stuff left!

I think I am going to start swappin stuff! LOL!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 26th February 2010, 8:37 pm

i seen that kbb's condish poo is FREE today! it was already on my wish list so i officially saved $12!! Im gonna add that to my hair acct too!!

i just got the aloe vera gel today too! how's ur aloe gro' workin for you lynnie (and anyone else using it)???
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 26th February 2010, 8:44 pm

NubieNatty wrote:i seen that kbb's condish poo is FREE today! it was already on my wish list so i officially saved $12!! Im gonna add that to my hair acct too!!

i just got the aloe vera gel today too! how's ur aloe gro' workin for you lynnie (and anyone else using it)???

I havent made it yet since I am on the castor oil challenge. Tia and Adiaha uses it though.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 26th February 2010, 8:54 pm

how's the castor workin for u? i noticed about 2 wks ago since i was constantly wearing headbands/ouchless bands my edges were starting to look sizzled n sauteed so i made it a PRIORITY to put some castor n coconut on my edges and i seen a drastic difference in a week!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 26th February 2010, 9:03 pm

@ sweet, that makes sense to save on more product since ur styles are lasting longer! which is why i definitely will get down to my HG's by my 1 yr nappiversary. i think i'll have enuff hair to know what my hair likes in the winter vs summer. i have learned that in the winter time my hair will be in PROTECTIVE styles ONLLLLLY!! even though im in twa mode, i cant stand to wear it out freely in this cold. now i wish i wouldve kept my kinky twist longer!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 27th February 2010, 12:36 am

NubieNatty wrote:how's the castor workin for u? i noticed about 2 wks ago since i was constantly wearing headbands/ouchless bands my edges were starting to look sizzled n sauteed so i made it a PRIORITY to put some castor n coconut on my edges and i seen a drastic difference in a week!

My scalp and my edges look better. I think I will keep it up after the challenge is over.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 1st March 2010, 3:44 pm

For those of you whose challenge continues, good luck over the next couple of weeks! Stay strong!!! Very Happy
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 1st March 2010, 6:12 pm

Y'all want to know something sad. I purchased a few things in December via one of my favorite ways of trying new things--product swaps on various message boards/forums. I received what I thought were all of the products in December. I received an email about three weeks ago. Guess what? Two products I purchased in December were sent back to the seller b/c the USPS stated they could not deliver or something like that [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . Anyway, I asked the seller to resend the products. I had to pay for shipping again [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . I now have two more of one of my favorite DC's Darcy Botanical's deep conditioning mask [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] .

Moral of story: If you cannot remember what you purchased and don't realize you are missing an
order(s), you may have a problem.

My name is ChrsLvsBks, and I have a problem [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] .
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 2nd March 2010, 2:55 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Y'all want to know something sad. I purchased a few things in December via one of my favorite ways of trying new things--product swaps on various message boards/forums. I received what I thought were all of the products in December. I received an email about three weeks ago. Guess what? Two products I purchased in December were sent back to the seller b/c the USPS stated they could not deliver or something like that [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . Anyway, I asked the seller to resend the products. I had to pay for shipping again [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . I now have two more of one of my favorite DC's Darcy Botanical's deep conditioning mask [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] .

Moral of story: If you cannot remember what you purchased and don't realize you are missing an

My name is ChrsLvsBks, and I have a problem [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] .

Yeah that might be a clue. Maybe next time you can send a second delivery address (mine). Then that way I can get free stuff!! LOL
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 2nd March 2010, 3:06 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Y'all want to know something sad. I purchased a few things in December via one of my favorite ways of trying new things--product swaps on various message boards/forums. I received what I thought were all of the products in December. I received an email about three weeks ago. Guess what? Two products I purchased in December were sent back to the seller b/c the USPS stated they could not deliver or something like that [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . Anyway, I asked the seller to resend the products. I had to pay for shipping again [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . I now have two more of one of my favorite DC's Darcy Botanical's deep conditioning mask [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] .

No pun intended...but this is too funny...ROTFL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 2nd March 2010, 3:08 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:

No pun intended...but this is too funny...ROTFL

^^^ I agree ... wow Chrs ...
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 2nd March 2010, 3:10 pm

See Chrs, I always try to use my work address - unless it's something large or in bulk. As long as I can get home with it via commuting I'm fine. Never have a problem with them not being able to deliver.

Also, so my husband doesn't know all the products I buy.

Last edited by BlondeByDesire on 3rd March 2010, 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 2nd March 2010, 3:36 pm

Well...I've been MIA for a minute, and not because I was buying products. I was struggling with styles and techniques. So...I've braided my hair and at the same time got rid of a lot of products...

I haven't purchased anything new the entire month of February. I only purchased a new conditioner for my co-washes, because what I was using wasn't working for me anymore.

So....I've been in the product swap forum, and I must admit even thought I didn't purchase any products butttt...... I did swap products that I wasn't using a got some real good stuff!!!

As I sent the product that I was swapping I would add a little extra as a surprise. So....my list will be much smaller when I edit it tonight...Yeah Me [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I went to a product swap here in Houston with another natural group that I'm a part of....I took 8 or 9 products and only came home with 3 new products. Now that's a products swap. *two thumbs up*

I will find my list (think its on page 7) and update when I get home!!!!

However, you know what they say about addiction...you trade one for another...so now I am buying jewelry like crazy!!!

I must find a 12 step program for THAT!!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 2nd March 2010, 10:28 pm

yes mam chrs..u have a problem!!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I have completed my list and im actively working on my problem. wow. somebody help me.
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 2nd March 2010, 10:43 pm

I am glad I was able to make some of y'all laugh.

@BlondeByDesire, I typically send products to my office but I was off the week I knew the products would arrive. I could intercept them before hubby came home
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] .

@KinkyNappyHappy, I thought I would make other purchases but I have been doing good. I did buy quite a few makeup products today. I am trying to get my grown up on, LOL.

ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 3rd March 2010, 8:45 am

chrs u definitely got a prob, lol but im sure ur hair uses alot of product. im heavy handed so i can only imagine how much i'd be using when my hair gets that long n full...sheeesh!!

well im finished shoppin from over the wknd [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] so now i need to refocus! i guess i can put myself BACK on the challenge til April cuz i gotta get my budget straight to finish my housing project **scratching lottery tkt**
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 3rd March 2010, 6:14 pm

Chrs, I see you use Darcy Botanicals - what do you like from that line?
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 3rd March 2010, 6:21 pm

blonde...**scratchin** dont come over here starting stuff! i wanna try some darcy's but i gotta put em on hold til next fall. Oyin is the last line im buying til fall 2010!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 6th March 2010, 6:41 pm

ok how do u ladies deal with fighting the urge to buy?? i want me some Karen Body Beautiful hair butter sooo bad i cant hardly stand it! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] and some Oyin handmade whipped PUDDING... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

i mean dang! ok ill just go back to my list and use what i have! then i saw some herbal essence long term relationship for the first time in the store...

hmpf! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 6th March 2010, 8:10 pm

CKF, one step at a time, lol. i just fight my urge when i look at my hair products area and when i look back at my bank acct to see how much i spent on products. i saved about $130 in 3 months on this challenge. i treated myself to some kbb last week and her butter was in my order; mmmmm scrumptous!! im now gonna chill until i go to oyin later. i'll be good til this fall.

plus traveljunkie keeps me motivated and i always keep her words in mine "just think if u can get down to using ur holy grails ONLY" when i get to THAT promise land i'll definitely save money from bein a PJ!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 28 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 24 ... 28  Next