CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sore Scalp

5 posters

Go down

Sore Scalp Empty Sore Scalp

Post by neethair 30th December 2009, 11:30 pm

Hi Ladies-

Has anyone experience soreness around their edges and the crown of their hair while transitioning?

If what, what is the cause? and how did you fix it?

Please and Blessing
Neethair
neethair
neethair

Back to top Go down

Sore Scalp Empty Re: Sore Scalp

Post by Monnie 30th December 2009, 11:48 pm

It is weird that you ask that. When I was home for Christmas last week, I told my aunt that I had decided to grow out my relaxer and she said that my scalp would hurt. I had no idea what she was talking about and thought that was a weird remark because I have not experienced any soreness. She must have gotten that from somewhere.
Monnie
Monnie

Back to top Go down

Post by neethair 30th December 2009, 11:58 pm

Monnie-

Your aunt was right it really does (not really painful but a soreness). I've been putting coconut oil on it and massaging my scalp I hope it helps. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
neethair
neethair

Back to top Go down

Post by LilMsPuddles 31st December 2009, 12:13 am

My scalp was like that every time my hair was straight whether it was hot comb, flat iron, or relaxer but I was only sore if pressure was applied to my hair or scalp. I have no idea what to do about it for relaxed hair because I didn't relax long enough but for my heat straitened hair it always helped to wash it and let my hair be curly again.
LilMsPuddles
LilMsPuddles

http://twitter.com/Ms_Puddles

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyLexus 31st December 2009, 5:18 pm

I'm glad you brought this up because I am 9 months into my transition and I have just noticed some sore spots (specifically around my temples) when massaging my scalp. There are no bumps or redness, just soreness. It's probably just temporary though, since I'm just noticing it. If anyone else knows, let us know!
LadyLexus
LadyLexus

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 31st December 2009, 5:40 pm

Make sure you aren't pulling your hair too tight for buns and things like that, that may be part of it, the only time I really experience soreness is when I pull my hair too tight (usually in the back though, not the edges)
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by neethair 1st January 2010, 12:19 am

Thanks ladies for you reply. I just washed my hair and did a DC. I will continue to massage my scalp and hopefully the soreness will go away.

Muz, I also had my last relaxer in May 2009 and plan to BC sometime in the summer of 2010.
neethair
neethair

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down