CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newbie needs a regimen

3 posters

Go down

Newbie needs a regimen Empty Newbie needs a regimen

Post by cajun*curly 7th February 2010, 6:29 pm

ok ive found my hair type and im definitely a 3c. i want my hair to grow. i have not been taking good care of it until now. im looking to learn everything i can... i have kids and im ballin on a budget so if anyone can give me some quality product suggestions... i could really use the advice. also i need help on a good regimen. my hair is breaking cuz its super dry. ive been using gels and over washing and not conditioning enough. its a mess. help save my hair...

cajun*curly

Back to top Go down

Newbie needs a regimen Empty Re: Newbie needs a regimen

Post by BajanPrincess82 7th February 2010, 6:44 pm

I have two hair textures, 3c and 4a, and for me, moisture is key! I wash and condition my hair weekly, deep condition weekly, leave conditioner in to style my hair, and use shea butter and oils to seal in moisture. Use this site as a resourse and see what works for other people. Over time you will discover what your hair likes and dislikes.
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 9th February 2010, 3:19 am

Budget products that may help are the following.

Aussie Moist for co-washing, DC and leave in (mixed with 50-50 water, could add oils below for extra ooomph)
Eco Styler or IC Fantasia gel for hold
Extra virgin olive oil
Extra virgin coconut oil

These products may help combat dryness.

You can use the oils for a hot oil treatment, a DC, sealer and pre-poo. The oils can be used on your wet hair before applying leave in. You can also put the oils on your hair before cowashing it (pre-poo). If you do, I would suggest putting the oils on your hair at least one hour before co-washing.

You can also do an oil rinse with the oils (try once every couple of weeks). Most use about 1/3 cup of oil, can be any mixture you like. Many apply conditioner to scalp while oil is in hair then rinse out.

If you use gel, ensure you put on oil first, then leave in then gel.

It is very important to seal in your moisture with oil. If hair is very dry, you can put some oil on the ends then put on a plastic cap at night before going to bed.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down