CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yet another reason why we shouldn't get relaxers.....

+5
nekajack
tiashaunteé
LilMsPuddles
MsChris8
Tmochava
9 posters

Go down

Yet another reason why we shouldn't get relaxers..... Empty Yet another reason why we shouldn't get relaxers.....

Post by Tmochava 25th December 2009, 1:17 am

Hey guys, I just wanted to tell you a story that my mom just told me. We were sitting around talking about relaxers and she told me that a co-worker of hers saw a documentary on a woman that was killed so they wanted to do an autospy on her which included pulling back her scalp. When they pulled her scalp back she had a build up of mold under her scalp from the relaxers she got over the years. This is yet another reason why we should not get relaxers. So my mother's co-workers has vowed off relaxers, it has gotten her scared. Could you imagine mold sitting up under your scalp just from relaxing? That is crazy! Shocked

Last edited by Tmochava on 26th December 2009, 1:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Title change)
Tmochava
Tmochava

Back to top Go down

Yet another reason why we shouldn't get relaxers..... Empty Re: Yet another reason why we shouldn't get relaxers.....

Post by MsChris8 25th December 2009, 2:45 am

Wow!! That is really crazy! I wonder what kind of affect that has on the brain...
MsChris8
MsChris8

Back to top Go down

Yet another reason why we shouldn't get relaxers..... Empty Re: Yet another reason why we shouldn't get relaxers.....

Post by Tmochava 25th December 2009, 4:21 pm

MsChris8 wrote:Wow!! That is really crazy! I wonder what kind of affect that has on the brain...

My mom and I were wondering that same thing.
Tmochava
Tmochava

Back to top Go down

Post by LilMsPuddles 26th December 2009, 4:08 am

That is crazy! I want to see this documentary now....
LilMsPuddles
LilMsPuddles

http://twitter.com/Ms_Puddles

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 26th December 2009, 1:40 pm

Just reading what you wrote made my head itch and I've never had a relaxer. But I want to read the official report, do you recall the researcher's name?
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tmochava 26th December 2009, 2:15 pm

I didn't actually see the show myself, my mother's co-worker saw it. I don't think it was an actual relaxer documentary it was something they stumbled across when doing an autopsy on a woman that was murdered. The only other tidbit of info I know is that it aired on TLC. I want to see it myself.

Last edited by Tmochava on 26th December 2009, 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Tmochava
Tmochava

Back to top Go down

Post by nekajack 30th December 2009, 1:41 am

wow thats all i can say..yes that makes u want to stop doing relaxers all together and love your hair to the fullest
nekajack
nekajack

Back to top Go down

Post by Tay 30th December 2009, 3:24 am

YUCK!!! Did I say Yuck!!!! That is pretty scary
Tay
Tay

Back to top Go down

Post by sheabutterbaby 30th December 2009, 3:39 am

Oh goodness! That is scary...I am in the process in transitioning and that motivated me even more. Health is #1!

sheabutterbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Tmochava 30th December 2009, 12:30 pm

It is scary to think of the effects a relaxer can create. We do know that we have new growth that is effected by relaxer so we also know that it does sit under our scalp. Mold forming never crossed my mind though but I guess if anything just sits sedentary mold can form.
Tmochava
Tmochava

Back to top Go down

Post by TraciH 30th December 2009, 4:00 pm

wow..thats eye opening...im glad i never got one.
TraciH
TraciH

https://www.facebook.com/traci.hill1

Back to top Go down

Post by Music8192 30th December 2009, 4:36 pm

omg that is insane Shocked ... I think back now that im transitioning and wish I would have stoped using perms a long time ago. And just to think back on the times when my scalp was litterally BURNING!! I'm gonna try to remember that story during my transitioning journey when i feel discouraged.
Music8192
Music8192

Back to top Go down

Post by LilMsPuddles 30th December 2009, 6:19 pm

I just looked it up and apparently it's true here I'm looking for more info though.....
LilMsPuddles
LilMsPuddles

Back to top Go down

Post by Tmochava 30th December 2009, 6:27 pm

Oh wow, I just read the link......thanks LilMsPuddles for looking that up!
Tmochava
Tmochava

Back to top Go down

Post by LilMsPuddles 30th December 2009, 7:13 pm

I actually didn't really read it until after I posted it and while I agree that that you shouldn't believe everything that everybody says it was kind of sad that all of those women would rather relax their hair than actually think about how they wouldn't put relaxer on their skin because it hurts and chemically burns and so forth.......
LilMsPuddles
LilMsPuddles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down