CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

**traveljunkie08**

+34
CocoEuro
bholmes87
sunbaby
KinkyNappyHappy
StephanieB
CocaColaCutie
BlondeByDesire
MsJay1121
Kea::curls
CurlyMo
Notthecoolmom
Erica5417
SheeTacular
Pinkrage
Courtney
vmichelle
curly+kinky+fierce
LilMsPuddles
Freestyles
dajewel
Corygentri
truet
HumanNature
Juices-n-Berries
Intelligentbeauty
sweetdrk1
Courtie
AfrikanLatina
Curly Film Chick
NylaCoils
adiaha
ChrsLvsBks
Lynnieluve
traveljunkie08
38 posters

Page 15 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Go down

**traveljunkie08** - Page 15 Empty Re: **traveljunkie08**

Post by Intelligentbeauty 7th March 2010, 1:34 am

UPDATE ON TJ:

She arrived safely. However, here hair isn't doing well. She is working to remove rubble/rocks from buildings damaged by the earthquake. Tomorrow, she is going to take her twists out and try to wash hair. She observed that many Haitians are wearing the 3 strand twists, so she may ask someone to twist or cornrow it for her.
She says she will be back to Haiti for sure.

Please keep our fellow naturalista in your prayers.
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by marbar1908 7th March 2010, 1:41 am

Intelligentbeauty wrote:UPDATE ON TJ:

She arrived safely. However, here hair isn't doing well. She is working to remove rubble/rocks from buildings damaged by the earthquake. Tomorrow, she is going to take her twists out and try to wash hair. She observed that many Haitians are wearing the 3 strand twists, so she may ask someone to twist or cornrow it for her.

I'd been off for so long I didn't know that TJ went to Haiti. I'm definitely praying for her and I'm a tad bit jealous because I wanted to go volunteer since I found out my great grandpa was from Haiti but with school and then the earthquake and it being hard to get down there and all..., but I know I'll still have time because the country is definitely going to still need help from this point out...

pa jamn bliye Ayiti (never forget Haiti)
marbar1908
marbar1908

http://perilsofmylife.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 7th March 2010, 10:56 pm

I'm so glad to hear she got there safely!!! I'll definitely be keeping her in my prayers! I think 3-strand twists will look great on her. Thanks for keeping us updated IB! Smile
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 8th March 2010, 12:07 am

bholmes87 wrote:

I'm so glad to hear she got there safely!!! I'll definitely be keeping her in my prayers! I think 3-strand twists will look great on her. Thanks for keeping us updated IB! Smile

^^^What she said!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 8th March 2010, 7:03 pm

Thanks for the update IB~~ Let her know that we are thinking about her and praying for her!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 9th March 2010, 4:21 am

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Thanks for the update IB~~ Let her know that we are thinking about her and praying for her!!!

WILL DO, IF SHE WRITES ME AGAIN **traveljunkie08** - Page 15 Icon_smile
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 14th March 2010, 2:33 pm

i just popped in to say hey. it's my day off and it's too hot to do anything outside. wow IB, i didn't know you were updating folks. thanks for that. :-)

real quick: i love haiti. i think my hair loves it even more. i've been wearing a wash n go puff for the last week, and my hair has been thriving with just water and a little conditioner.

i leave here on tuesday, and honestly i don't want to leave. i've made so many friends in the community...i have a group of girls that i just adore...a group of guys who taught me Kreyol...and a bunch of kids who randomly shout out my name whenever i walk by. they've invited me into their homes. they've introduced me to their parents and grandparents. they've invited me to church with them. i will be an emotional wreck tomorrow when i go to see all of my friends to say goodbye...
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 14th March 2010, 2:37 pm

I somehow missed the update!!thanks IB! but I am soo happy things are working our for you!!! It sounds amazing!!! You will truly be blessed for the little bit of happiness you have given to the people! *hugs*
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 14th March 2010, 3:02 pm

YAYYYY TJ. I told you I would tell everyone how you were doing. **traveljunkie08** - Page 15 Icon_lol
You can stay there if you want but you have to keep in touch with us here at CN **traveljunkie08** - Page 15 Icon_lol !!!
Glad to see your hair is doing well!!
Safe travels!!!
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 14th March 2010, 10:27 pm

Yay!!! I'm glad to hear you and your hair are doing well. I know this is an experience that will be life changing for you and you will never forget it. I know the people there whose lives you've touched will not forget you either. I pray you have a safe trip home.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 14th March 2010, 10:42 pm

wow i was just thinkin of TJ!! way to go for sharing ur blessings and helpin out haiti and thanx IB for keepin us posted. really appreciate it. see now that you've been surviving off so little that stash challenge will merely be a thing of the past cuz you can appreciate how it is to manage with little to none! such an inspiration!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 15th March 2010, 12:11 am

traveljunkie08 wrote:i just popped in to say hey. it's my day off and it's too hot to do anything outside. wow IB, i didn't know you were updating folks. thanks for that. :-)

real quick: i love haiti. i think my hair loves it even more. i've been wearing a wash n go puff for the last week, and my hair has been thriving with just water and a little conditioner.

i leave here on tuesday, and honestly i don't want to leave. i've made so many friends in the community...i have a group of girls that i just adore...a group of guys who taught me Kreyol...and a bunch of kids who randomly shout out my name whenever i walk by. they've invited me into their homes. they've introduced me to their parents and grandparents. they've invited me to church with them. i will be an emotional wreck tomorrow when i go to see all of my friends to say goodbye...

You are leaving Tuesday? WOW that time went fast. I'm glad that you've had a positive impact on those young ladies lives. Be safe and hope you took pictures!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 15th March 2010, 12:26 pm

Glad to hear all is well. Safe travels back to the US.

I am sure those you met will miss you, too.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 19th March 2010, 3:30 pm

Hi Ladies! I'm back from Haiti. I've been back since late Tuesday night, but I've been sick ever since I came back. The entire time I was in Haiti, my diet consisted of primarily rice and beans and spaghetti, so there's been a bit of an um...adjustment to eating different foods. pale

Thanks again for all of your well wishes, thoughts and prayers. They really meant a lot to me. As anticipated, I was very emotional when I left Haiti. Some of the girls I met scrambled to give me pictures of them...asking people if they've seen me...running at full speed to find me...navigating the pitch black streets to bring me a pic. I cried like a baby in the Miami airport bathroom. There are no words or pictures than can adequately reflect my experience in Haiti. I will definitely return.

Since this is a hair forum, a little more info about my hair. My first week in Haiti, I wore my hair in three strand twists, most often covered by a scarf. While that seemed to be a reasonable solution to combat the dust and heat, it really wasn't. Once I took the twists out and started doing wash n go puffs, my hair thrived. All I did was rinsed my hair with water every other day, applied conditioner and smoothed through a little HE set me up gel. I slept w/o a scarf, bonnet, satin pillowcase...I didn't seal...none of that. I also didn't wear a scarf as I worked, and was sort of scolded by an older woman because of it. (She said I needed a scarf to protect my hair from the dust.) I thought that was funny.

Once I started wearing a wash n go puff, the girls started asking questions about my hair. They wanted to know if I had a relaxer and if I went to the beauty shop to get my hair done. It was nice to be able to talk to them a little about hair and encourage them not to get a relaxer and keep wearing their braids and twists.

Here are a few pics:

**traveljunkie08** - Page 15 Gedc1110

**traveljunkie08** - Page 15 Gedc1111

**traveljunkie08** - Page 15 Gedc1112

**traveljunkie08** - Page 15 Gedc1210

**traveljunkie08** - Page 15 Gedc1211

**traveljunkie08** - Page 15 Gedc1212

**traveljunkie08** - Page 15 Gedc1213
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro 19th March 2010, 4:02 pm

awesome!!!! Must have been an amazing experience!!!
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

http://naturalcurlykinks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 20th March 2010, 8:58 pm

cocoeuro wrote:awesome!!!! Must have been an amazing experience!!!

Yes it was. Thanks! Very Happy
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 20th March 2010, 9:53 pm

welcome back!! you were missed! beautiful pictures. I can't even imagine the joy you gave those children!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 20th March 2010, 10:16 pm

Glad you made it back safe. God bless you for giving of yourself to help others in need!

I enjoyed looking at the pics. I love the pic with you and the girls. Cute pony puff too. I see you got you a nice little tan while you were gone too.

I'm glad you're back. As you can see your guidance is needed over in the Use Your Stash Challenge. When the cat's away, the mice will play. **traveljunkie08** - Page 15 Lol
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 20th March 2010, 10:42 pm

Welcome back TJ. I am so happy you were able to make it back safely. I love the pics. And I really liked the way your hair looked on the ponypuff style. I see growth too.
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 21st March 2010, 1:03 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:welcome back!! you were missed! beautiful pictures. I can't even imagine the joy you gave those children!!

Aw, thanks! I'm certain they gave me more joy than I could have possibly given them.

Lynnieluve wrote:Glad you made it back safe. God bless you for giving of yourself to help others in need!

I enjoyed looking at the pics. I love the pic with you and the girls. Cute pony puff too. I see you got you a nice little tan while you were gone too.

I'm glad you're back. As you can see your guidance is needed over in the Use Your Stash Challenge. When the cat's away, the mice will play. **traveljunkie08** - Page 15 Lol

Thanks! Yeah, I am very tan, which I love. I was very envious of some of the rich, chocolate and coffee skin tones I saw.

Intelligentbeauty wrote:Welcome back TJ. I am so happy you were able to make it back safely. I love the pics. And I really liked the way your hair looked on the ponypuff style. I see growth too.

Thanks, IB! I can see a bit a growth too. It's been five months now. Very Happy
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 22nd March 2010, 12:42 am

I hope you are feeling better. I need you to start playing in your hair again and posting some pics **traveljunkie08** - Page 15 Icon_lol (so selfish, I know, just say it).
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 22nd March 2010, 1:12 am

lmaooooo@ lynnie!! she was the MAIN one temptin us w/kbb reviews so i broke down and...and...and...ended my challenge early n got some kbb **traveljunkie08** - Page 15 Icon_sad i blame lynnie...she dmn near guided my hand to the site and hit SUBMIT!!

im so glad u had an ever changing experience there. the pics are beautiful. i can see you definitely learned to manage with little. great job!! how do u do 3 strand twist?
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 22nd March 2010, 2:40 am

Man TJ it looks like you had a great trip!!!! It's such a blessing that you were able to go over there and help out! I'm glad you got back safe Smile
Your hair was so cute too! I'm definitely inspired to make my way over there now and help a community that needs it and seems so full of love **traveljunkie08** - Page 15 Herz
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 23rd March 2010, 7:37 am

Intelligentbeauty wrote:I hope you are feeling better. I need you to start playing in your hair again and posting some pics **traveljunkie08** - Page 15 Icon_lol (so selfish, I know, just say it).

I'm feeling much, much better. Thank goodness for cipro. Smile

Sorry, but I don't think I'll be experimenting with my hair much. I really like the simplicity of doing the wash n go puff, so I'll probably stick with that style for a while.

NubieNatty wrote:lmaooooo@ lynnie!! she was the MAIN one temptin us w/kbb reviews so i broke down and...and...and...ended my challenge early n got some kbb **traveljunkie08** - Page 15 Icon_sad i blame lynnie...she dmn near guided my hand to the site and hit SUBMIT!!

im so glad u had an ever changing experience there. the pics are beautiful. i can see you definitely learned to manage with little. great job!! how do u do 3 strand twist?

I can't believe you ended your challenge early!!! You were doing so well. I'm actually thinking about ending mine early too (at the end of this month). Wink There's a tutorial somewhere on doing three strand twists...maybe you can do a search on the site. Oh, I think NikG had one in her CurlFriends thread. So check there. It's really easy once you get the hang of it.

bholmes87 wrote:Man TJ it looks like you had a great trip!!!! It's such a blessing that you were able to go over there and help out! I'm glad you got back safe Smile
Your hair was so cute too! I'm definitely inspired to make my way over there now and help a community that needs it and seems so full of love **traveljunkie08** - Page 15 Herz

Thanks! I really miss my folks in Leogane. Sad You should definitely go if you have the opportunity!!!
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by Courtney 23rd March 2010, 7:53 am

Welcome Back TJ!
I'm glad your back safe....Hope you are feeling better.
Courtney
Courtney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next