CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BC and type of scissors to use when doing so

4 posters

Go down

BC and type of scissors to use when doing so Empty BC and type of scissors to use when doing so

Post by feelinme 21st December 2009, 1:33 pm

I recently did the BC and i noticed that my curl pattern is not showing above my ends. If I feel my below the suface I can feel and see the curl pattern but not without doing that. While looking at different fotkis I noticed that you should only cut your hair with a certian type of scissor. Now does it have to be a certian type of metal/material or is it something else? I began to wonder if that is why I have a fuzzy TWA. Not all of it though. I can see the difference in my texture throughout the fro. I guess what Im getting at is will I have to "train" my TWA for the curl pattern? Where the scissors the result of my Fuzzy fro and SHould I go to the shop to get the fuzzy ends off or will the revert on there own? I dont want to be the cuase of split ends. When I did the BC i used Titanium scissors.
feelinme
feelinme

Back to top Go down

BC and type of scissors to use when doing so Empty Re: BC and type of scissors to use when doing so

Post by tiashaunteé 21st December 2009, 2:40 pm

Before the BC, how did you care for your hair? Did you blow it out or get it flat ironed?
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

BC and type of scissors to use when doing so Empty Re: BC and type of scissors to use when doing so

Post by feelinme 21st December 2009, 4:41 pm

In Aug/Sept for like a week or two I flat ironed maybe twice. The in october I tries a twist out and I did a braid out. I got braids in November til December when I took them out and then did the chop. I deep condition and co wash on a regular basis.
feelinme
feelinme

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 21st December 2009, 4:53 pm

ok, that's sounds like good care. Originally I was thinking that maybe part of your new was heat damaged but it does not sound like it. Do you think it's possible that some of the relaxed portion is still there? even just 1/8", I can't think of any other reason why the ends would lack curl.
Keep the moisture in there, you may just have to "train" your texture.

I feel like our hair has personality and when we do something to it, it reacts. Yea, silly I know....
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 21st December 2009, 5:03 pm

I think you probably still have some relaxed ends. It took a couple of months before mine really showed it's true self. When I first got it done it looked a hot fuzzy mess. A little time, a few cowashes, overnight DCs, and microtrims later, and it turned around!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by feelinme 21st December 2009, 5:43 pm

Yeah I think you guys are right. I have been trimming away som straight ends after I do my cowashes bc I can see them alot better then. I was thinking about going to the barber and having them take off the straight ends but I am not sure if that is necessary. the back is not fuzzy wheich is weird bc I couldnt evn see that part. LOL. Thanks!
feelinme
feelinme

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 21st December 2009, 6:26 pm

As long as you didnt use any crafting scissors, then it was not the scissors. You did use hair cutting shears, right?

It could be your texture too. In the top of my head where the curls are looser, it tends to frizz more there so I have to add a little more product in that area. HTH
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by feelinme 21st December 2009, 6:58 pm

I used titanium scissors like you would use at home. So yes I guess those are crafting scissors. What do you advice i do? Should I go to a barber and have them dust it? You know what I can go buy the scissors myself and dust the top I guess. I am concerned with taking off too much.
feelinme
feelinme

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 21st December 2009, 7:32 pm

You can buy hair cutting shears at your local BSS. I've seen them at Walmart and Walgreens too. Do what you feel comfortable doing.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down