CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any sensitive scalp curlies?

2 posters

Go down

Any sensitive scalp curlies? Empty Any sensitive scalp curlies?

Post by Natural Wheezes 14th December 2009, 6:19 pm

Hello Ladies!!

I'm wondering if any of you have sensitive scalp issues? Not just itchy, but you also have to stay away from certain products because they make your scalp break out?

For myself, I can't use:
1. Suave Naturals conditioners- OMG, my scalp went on full riot and I had to wash my hair immediately after using some as a leave-in.
2. Jane Carter's Nourish and Shine- My hair looooves this stuff, buy my scalp hisses whenever it comes too close! Very annoying...

I do use castor oil, I've had no problems at all. But when I want to moisturize my scalp during the week, I hate to put it on my dry hair, and hate even more to dampen my scalp with water first because then my roots get all tight and fuzzy and ruins my twists/braids twistout/braidouts/whatever. And most oils I put on my scalp (when I remember to do it) just get sucked right in and by the next day my scalp is dry again. Maybe I should just suck it up and spritz my scalp and use the castor oil...

I have aloe butter at home that I'll probably try tonite, but what do you sensitive scalp ladies use? Thanks in advance! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Natural Wheezes
Natural Wheezes

Back to top Go down

Any sensitive scalp curlies? Empty Re: Any sensitive scalp curlies?

Post by Mrs.ATLien 21st December 2009, 3:55 am

So far the only thing that has been able to control my sensitive scalp is Neutrogena T-Gel Stubborn Itch Control Shampoo and Carol's Daughter Lisa's Hair Elixir. I must admit that the T-Gel strips all of the moisture out of my hair but so far it is the only thing that tames my itchy scalp ( and I have tried many products organic, non-organic, and prescription). After washing with the T-Gel I have to follow up with a moisturizing shampoo.. .. After my deep conditioner I use CD Lisa's Hair Elixir to control my itchy scalp until my next wash (I wash my hair once a week).

Last edited by Mrs.ATLien on 21st December 2009, 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mrs.ATLien
Mrs.ATLien

Back to top Go down

Post by Natural Wheezes 21st December 2009, 6:13 pm

Thank you so much for posting! Smile I will definitely give those a try. I have peppermint, tea tree and rosemary EO's at home, but they don't work for long, either. I'll get the hair elixir this week!
Natural Wheezes
Natural Wheezes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down