CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blakbutterfli - Leona and I are BACK!

+23
ktoliver5303
NhappyJackie
MellowOne
mstokes2008
NubieNatty
bholmes87
KinkyNappyHappy
SheeTacular
CocaColaCutie
BlondeByDesire
tiashaunteé
MahoganyCurls
Intelligentbeauty
Juices-n-Berries
sweetdrk1
Freestyles
lovesunshine17
Lynnieluve
Kea::curls
ChrsLvsBks
nmoultry
lena73
BlakButterfli
27 posters

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Blakbutterfli  - Leona and I are BACK! - Page 4 Empty Re: Blakbutterfli - Leona and I are BACK!

Post by Lynnieluve 12th January 2010, 2:35 pm

Is it breakage or shedding?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Blakbutterfli  - Leona and I are BACK! - Page 4 Empty Re: Blakbutterfli - Leona and I are BACK!

Post by BlakButterfli 12th January 2010, 3:12 pm

Breakage, I would say. If it were shedding, I am guessing I would find random hairs just all over the place and this only happens when I am twising my hair.
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 12th January 2010, 3:25 pm

If it is a shedded hair, it will have a white bulb on the end of it.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakButterfli 12th January 2010, 3:58 pm

Nope, no bulbs. Just old-fashioned breakage. lol
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 12th January 2010, 11:46 pm

Your hair sounds like it needs moisture. I would read the ingredients in the products and see if any are protein related. You may have to look up the first five ingredients and Google them.

The breakage does not appear to be a lot based on the picture. If you are experiencing this every night, you may want to twist on damp hair not wet hair. Wet hair is when hair is at its weakest, from what I have read.

I suggest a lot of moisture. Also check for split ends. If you are concerned with the breakage, you may want to check a few strands when in twists to see if you see split ends.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakButterfli 13th January 2010, 1:53 am

Thanks ChrsvsBks! I tried dipping my fingers in a little olive oil before I begin twisting my hair. And since I experience so much shrinkage, I did a fairly dry twist tonight, only dampening my palms and running them over and through my hair.

A LOT less loose hair tonight and the olive oil gave me a lot of slippage to get my fingers through my hair.

Thanks so much!
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakButterfli 14th January 2010, 1:26 am

Well, I'm too tired to twist my dag-gone hair (JUST got home from Bible Study/Praise Dance) so I'm going to have to figure out how to rock this mess tomorrow!
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakButterfli 15th January 2010, 2:11 am

I'm going to try KBB - buying the sample kit this weekend. Any 4a/4b textured chicas wanna give me the low-down on what it does for your hair?
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 15th January 2010, 12:20 pm

I have two sample kits but I have only tried the Hair Nectar and the Hair butter. I used the Hair Nectar as a leave in and it was ok. I would compare it to my beloved Giovanni Direct Leave in. I wont be purchasing the Hair nectar again.

I used the hair butter to do my two strand twist and I was very happy with the results. The only down side is it's hard to get out of the container because it is so thick and it takes longer to melt in your hands than shea butter. I would consider purchasing it again.

Hope this helps.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakButterfli 20th January 2010, 3:41 pm

Ok. I haven't been able to post due to some personal issues where my mind was on everything BUT my hair, but I have to share this, as it made me Blakbutterfli  - Leona and I are BACK! - Page 4 Kopfschuettel .

So a girl in an office I was in commented on my hair. The conversation went something like me.

Girl - "Oh, I really like your hair that way."

Me - (Thinking about the headband I slapped in it that morning) "Oh, well thank you."

Girl - "How long have you been natural."

Me - "It will be 3 years in October."

(Quiet, unpleasant pause while Girl briefly glances at my hair again - cricket chirp somewhere in the background)

Girl - "So, you keep cutting it short?" (confused look on her face)

Me - (Dying and cringing on the inside) "Well, it shrinks a lot"

I am really starting to believe my hair just won't grow past a certain length. I look like I just BCd last week.

The crazy thing is, I had such an AMAZING time at the CN.com Dallas meet-up this past weekend and was really loving being around all the natural ladies and we had a BLAST. Yesterday, I contemplated the - I can barely type it - CREAMY CRACK! Blakbutterfli  - Leona and I are BACK! - Page 4 Affraid* I know, I know - HORRIBLE. But, in the back of my head, a little voice I thought I had smothered was talking again.

"If you have to have short hair for life, at least have it straight, Katrina."

Ya'll - HELP!

*I would never really perm my hair. I don't think so anyway. Just frustrated.
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 23rd January 2010, 12:29 am

BlakButterfli wrote:Ok. My first resolution is to use, apply, love and understand the meaning of ACCEPTANCE.

I need to learn to love and appreciate the hair I have. I may never have curls down my back and one day, I will be ok with that. I want to learn to more love the hair I have on my head and not compare it to other, which I am constantly doing.

Now, with this acceptance, I have to temper it and not become complacent. Just because I may not have curls down my back does not mean I just toss my hands to the heavens up above and scream "oh well" and let my hair go to hell in a hand basket. With acceptance comes love and that love is what will keep me treating my hair the best I can.

More to follow....

BlakButterfli wrote:Thanks @ Lynnie and Frestyles. Blakbutterfli  - Leona and I are BACK! - Page 4 Icon_biggrin

The second part of my new relationship with this hair of mine is DEDICATION.

I go on YouTube. I go on CN.com. I go on MotownGirl. I go to LHCF. I go EVERYWHERE. And I admire people.I envy people. I try and may give a 1/2 effort in emulating what someone does. But, as far as being fully 100% dedicated to Method A, Product B or Plan C - I can't say I was on it at the level I needed to be to gauge whether I have results or not.

So, I'm ready to re-dedicate myself to findout what's good for my hair and my body overall. Honestly, I"m not a negative person, I"m just a realist (lol - that's what all pessimists say) and I really feel like my hair is not going to be any longer, stronger, thicker than it already is. But, until I get dedicated and really try - I have to give these strands a fighting chance.

So, today - I stepped out on a limb and into my wallet. I purchased AOHR Conditioner and plan to use it as a leave-in and if that doesn't work, I'll pass it on and try something else. Or maybe I'll try it as a DT and if it doesn't work...well, you know the drill. Blakbutterfli  - Leona and I are BACK! - Page 4 Icon_biggrin

I'm sorry you are traveling the rough road portion of your hair journey. I've highlighted a few of your own words as a reminder of your goals for your hair. I hope it gets better for you soon.

**hoping you are not cursing me out as you read this** LOL!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakButterfli 23rd January 2010, 12:48 am

LOL - Naw, Lynnie, I was just like "no, she's NOT using my own words against me!"

But thank you - I needed to be reminded. I actually went and got my hair done today - my stylist blow-dried my hair and then set it on rods. It has a nice little curly look to it and I'll post a pic of how it looks for my birthday. Blakbutterfli  - Leona and I are BACK! - Page 4 Icon_biggrin
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 23rd January 2010, 2:41 am

You did the right thing....let someone else do your hair....cant wait to see the pics!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 24th January 2010, 4:28 pm

I am looking forward to your pictures.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 25th January 2010, 5:45 pm

Blakbutterfli  - Leona and I are BACK! - Page 4 879602 HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Blakbutterfli  - Leona and I are BACK! - Page 4 879602
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 25th January 2010, 8:06 pm

Happy Birthday!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 26th January 2010, 1:53 am

Happy birthday and be encouraged. It's more mental than physical. But you can overcome. Blakbutterfli  - Leona and I are BACK! - Page 4 Icon_biggrin
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 26th January 2010, 11:34 am

BlakButterfli wrote:Blakbutterfli  - Leona and I are BACK! - Page 4 Hawk14

Love it!
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 26th January 2010, 11:39 am

BlakButterfli wrote:I am really starting to believe my hair just won't grow past a certain length. I look like I just BCd last week.

Are you documenting your growth? I used to think mine wouldn't grow any longer until I start keep a record. It really helps keeping you motivated.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 29th January 2010, 7:22 pm

Hey Blakbutterfli! Where are you? How was your birthday?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakButterfli 1st February 2010, 11:58 pm

Ok. I haven't posted in a minute, so here goes!

I turned 30 on January 25th and my stylist did a cute little style on my hair.

She blow dried it relatively straight and then using a mixture of shea butter and some other stuff ( I wasn't paying attention - just enjoyed getting my hair done) and then rolled my hair on little perm rods. And before ya'll get "you don't know what she put in your hair??!!" she's natural like me and I trust her 1000%! She's talking about moving to Austin, so I'm going to have to pump her breaks on that!

Anyways, I LOVED the style! It came out very soft and as the week went on, the style got bigger and bigger and my little coils stayed in place for about a week and half or so. I've also FINALLY discovered HE HH and have been using it to twist my hair and I am totally in love. That, combined with a DC w/ AOHSR are becoming staples for me now.

My next adventure will be henna. Blakbutterfli  - Leona and I are BACK! - Page 4 Icon_biggrin Oh - I tried a flower instead of my usual headband for the evening - got it at Icing. I need to find more of these little side clips to put in my hair.

Blakbutterfli  - Leona and I are BACK! - Page 4 Pic_110

Last edited by BlakButterfli on 1st February 2010, 11:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Wanted to add something - duh! :))
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakButterfli 2nd February 2010, 12:02 am

OMG - I JUST realized how many of you wished me happy birthday! I'm such a bad nappy/curly friend!

Thank you, thank you, thank you! 30 is turning into a year of transition that I wasn't expecting, so I fully embraced my birthday and had a GREAT time. I got a little ink to commemorate the occassion as well. Blakbutterfli  - Leona and I are BACK! - Page 4 Icon_biggrin

Blakbutterfli  - Leona and I are BACK! - Page 4 Pic_910
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 2nd February 2010, 12:05 am

Welcome back!!! Love the hair and the flower!!! Cute!! Oh...and the pic on the wall.. LOL!!

I like the TAT too!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakButterfli 2nd February 2010, 12:12 am

Thanks Lynnie!

That pic on the wall is actually a part of a 3-Piece set and I love it as well. There are two in my living roomand one HUGE one in my dining room. I love color and abstract stuff. Blakbutterfli  - Leona and I are BACK! - Page 4 Icon_biggrin

And thanks again for the birthday wishes - that meant a lot.

Girl, that tat HURT for a good five minutes when he started. lol My sis got one on the inside of her ear - a little music note. She is a G! lol

Blakbutterfli  - Leona and I are BACK! - Page 4 Pic_1210
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 2nd February 2010, 12:19 am

I have one on my hip and one across my lower back. I want one on my foot but no more for me.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next