CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blakbutterfli - Leona and I are BACK!

+23
ktoliver5303
NhappyJackie
MellowOne
mstokes2008
NubieNatty
bholmes87
KinkyNappyHappy
SheeTacular
CocaColaCutie
BlondeByDesire
tiashaunteé
MahoganyCurls
Intelligentbeauty
Juices-n-Berries
sweetdrk1
Freestyles
lovesunshine17
Lynnieluve
Kea::curls
ChrsLvsBks
nmoultry
lena73
BlakButterfli
27 posters

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Blakbutterfli  - Leona and I are BACK! - Page 10 Empty Re: Blakbutterfli - Leona and I are BACK!

Post by BlakButterfli 26th April 2010, 1:05 pm

Thanks @ sweetdrk1. I am going to save up some money and do something with it. I don't want kinky twists or micro-braids, so I may have to get a sew-in or something. I am just really frustrated and discontent with my hair right now.

And I take e-hugs, so thanks. Blakbutterfli  - Leona and I are BACK! - Page 10 Icon_biggrin I'm just one fierce style away from feeling better - I just need to find it. Today is just one of those days where I'm feeling unpretty.
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Blakbutterfli  - Leona and I are BACK! - Page 10 Empty Re: Blakbutterfli - Leona and I are BACK!

Post by bholmes87 26th April 2010, 7:58 pm

Hey BlakButterfli!!! Just wanted to stop by and leave some encouragement since you're not feeling your hair today *tear* I looked up the meaning of your screenname and hopefully this will help encourage you Smile

1. First of all the butterfly symbolizes new life from and old one.
2. Seeing that the color black is a strong yet subtle color, the black butterfly symbolizes the new strong but subtle life after a period of transformation.

To me this is the perfect definition! As a black butterfly, you symbolize and represent new life. Your new life is your decision to go natural. That includes all of the hardships and trials that you've had to overcome. But it also represents the old life, which is something you can't forget. You don't have to hold on to the past in order to move forward but you do have to recognize where you've come from so make sure you notice all the positive changes you've made in the last 3 years, including going natural afro

And the second part is fitting as well! YOU ARE A STRONG BLACK WOMAN!!! You are beautiful, you are loved and you are one of God's children. Black is also a subtle color and to me that means that it is humble. However, humility doesn't mean that you don't have condidence! I hope that after you find that fierce style you can walk with your head high and proud, no matter how long your hair is. Your hair may not be keeping up with the growth of others but as long as you know it's healthy that's all that matters because length does not necessarily mean that your hair is healthy. So keep taking care of your hair and hopefully you fall in love with it again Very Happy

I hope you are feeling better about that lovely head of hair you have!
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakButterfli 26th April 2010, 9:21 pm

Oh Bholmes. You have made my day with that. Thank you, doll. That was really beautiful and did make me smile and feel better. Blakbutterfli  - Leona and I are BACK! - Page 10 Herz
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 26th April 2010, 9:26 pm

Hey Sisi!! You are beautiful. Keep your head up!! (((HUGS)))
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 26th April 2010, 10:10 pm

Checking in and leaving another *hug*
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 26th April 2010, 11:44 pm

I think BHolmes covered everything. But just know that we are here for you. Please don't get discouraged.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakButterfli 26th April 2010, 11:49 pm

Ladies, thank you all so much. I am feeling a little better this evening and that is all in part to you guys. This was a bad day for me, but tomorrow is a new one.
Blakbutterfli  - Leona and I are BACK! - Page 10 Herz
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 27th April 2010, 1:10 am

I am encouraged knowing tomorrow will be a better day for you. ((((HUGS))))
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 27th April 2010, 9:10 am

awwww...Blakbutterfli **tears in eyes**

Sweetie....don't worry about what other people may think about your hair journey!!! Sweet posted an thought last week about what other people may say or think!!

Please be encouraged, and please, please, don't relax!! A nice protective style is in order now I think!! I wore braids for 2 months and can I curls!!! I did have growth and very little loss of hair. I loved wearing my braids, and having that small break away from my frustrations with styling my hair.

I'm sorry that I've been MIA in your thread, but I will be back to check on you daily!!

Much love I love you a cyber hug!!! ((real big hug))

KNH I love you
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakButterfli 27th April 2010, 1:51 pm

Girl, it's ok you've been MIA - so have I. Blakbutterfli  - Leona and I are BACK! - Page 10 Icon_smile

I've made a vow that each day, I'm going to get up, get ready for work/play/whatever and take a picture of myself and try to appreciate my hair more. Today, I co-washed with HEHH and then, on soaking wet hair, I used EcoStyler Olive Oil gel. My hair is pretty shrunken, but the ittby bitty curls are defined. I'm not really feeling it, but it's better than the mess I had going on yesterday.

I'm going to follow a lot of the advice here and find some protective style I can wear for a few months. I seriously think the longer I look and deal with my hair right now, I may be really tempted to relax it again, and I don't want to do that.

What type of braids did you have?

Last edited by BlakButterfli on 5th May 2010, 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 27th April 2010, 2:29 pm

Please dont relax your hair....as soon as your scalp starts burning, you will regret it.

I have a question...Did you hair grow fast when you were relaxed?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakButterfli 27th April 2010, 2:51 pm

Nope. And that's why I'm so frustrated. I thought going natural would give me more growth. It's like my hair is the same length, but now, it's just a victim of shrinkage. I think there was someone in the Grow Long forum who said they'd hever had fast-growing/long hair when they were relaxed and I'm feeling the same way.

Both my sister's have thick, fast-growing hair. I just have my mother's fine, soft hair. I really don't want to relax it - I'm just frustrated. I think I am genetically cursed with my hair.

I'm online now trying to figure out the diffrence between microbraids and tree braids.

Last edited by BlakButterfli on 5th May 2010, 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakButterfli 27th April 2010, 3:21 pm

Blakbutterfli  - Leona and I are BACK! - Page 10 211

This is me at work today - I'm trying to put a smile on ya'll. Blakbutterfli  - Leona and I are BACK! - Page 10 Icon_biggrin
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 27th April 2010, 3:35 pm

You look great today! Take it one day at a time we all have unpretty days. When i am tired of my hair or bored with it I have a wig or two I pull out to get my instant fierce do. I usually have my hair flat twisted underneath, i either go with a curly wig or straight, just something to get me out of my funk and i can take it off and embrace my hair when i am ready. Have a great day! Blakbutterfli  - Leona and I are BACK! - Page 10 Icon_flower
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 27th April 2010, 6:25 pm

BlakButterfli wrote:
Lynnieluve wrote:Please dont relax your hair....as soon as your scalp starts burning, you will regret it.

I have a question...Did you hair grow fast when you were relaxed?

Nope. And that's why I'm so frustrated. I thought going natural would give me more growth. It's like my hair is the same length, but now, it's just a victim of shrinkage. I think there was someone in the Grow Long forum who said they'd hever had fast-growing/long hair when they were relaxed and I'm feeling the same way.

Both my sister's have thick, fast-growing hair. I just have my mother's fine, soft hair. I really don't want to relax it - I'm just frustrated. I think I am genetically cursed with my hair.

I'm online now trying to figure out the diffrence between microbraids and tree braids.

My suggestion is to find a protective style you like. For me, protective styling has been the key to length retention. Roxie is in twist about 95% of the time. Check with Shee! She's said her hair doesnt grow fast either. Find out what she has been doing to retain length.

I hope you figure it out soon.....I have a friend who is hair challenged and she is struggling with her hair right now too. She still hasnt embraced shrinkage yet.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakButterfli 28th April 2010, 8:14 am

Thank you, Lynnie. Are you saying ask SheeTacular??? I could honestly deal with the shrinkage if my hair were growing. And I am not very good at twisting my hair to where its something presentable for me to wear to work. I twist it at night and end up doing twist-outs most days. I always make plans for the weekend, but maybe I can get some coils or twist my hair into really small twists that I can just wear and go.

Thanks so much Lynnie - you've been great, as have all the ladeis this week. I can rant and rave to my sister, but she's not natural and doesn't get my frustration at times. Love ya'll lots! Blakbutterfli  - Leona and I are BACK! - Page 10 Icon_biggrin
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 28th April 2010, 8:25 am

blak, ommmmmg, u are too dmn funny to me!!! i understand ur frustration, we've all been there before cuz i have my days too! hang in there!! this twist challenge is helpin me alot cuz i just set it and forget it. ur hair looks good and i bet when u get some kinky twist or whatever, you'll get curious after a few wks n want to take em out. i wanted to do micro's but i know im not gonna have the patience to detangle any knots afterwards AND i dont like em extra small.
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakButterfli 28th April 2010, 9:30 am

lol - Nubie, my funny meter has been off this week, but I'm glad you find some humor in me. Blakbutterfli  - Leona and I are BACK! - Page 10 Icon_biggrin

I am feeling a lot better today. I did the same soaking wet hair/olive eco styler thing this morning, but I used my hair dryer to kinda set the curls and make them look fuller. I'm going out naked today - no headband! lol
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakButterfli 5th May 2010, 3:00 pm

For some reason, my thread is all wacky today. The pictures are out of order and I can't upload images or use smileys. Sad
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 5th May 2010, 4:02 pm

Hi,

you have to remove any quotes. It happening to everyone.
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakButterfli 5th May 2010, 5:12 pm

@ Sweetdrk1 - ALL the quotes throughout the whole thread??
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakButterfli 5th May 2010, 5:14 pm

Girl, it's ok you've been MIA - so have I. Blakbutterfli  - Leona and I are BACK! - Page 10 Icon_smile

I've made a vow that each day, I'm going to get up, get ready for work/play/whatever and take a picture of myself and try to appreciate my hair more. Today, I co-washed with HEHH and then, on soaking wet hair, I used EcoStyler Olive Oil gel. My hair is pretty shrunken, but the ittby bitty curls are defined. I'm not really feeling it, but it's better than the mess I had going on yesterday.

I'm going to follow a lot of the advice here and find some protective style I can wear for a few months. I seriously think the longer I look and deal with my hair right now, I may be really tempted to relax it again, and I don't want to do that.

What type of braids did you have?[/quote]
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 5th May 2010, 5:16 pm

PLEASE DON'T RELAX YOUR HAIR!!! I think crochet braids would be pretty Smile Eden has pics in her thread!
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakButterfli 6th May 2010, 8:09 am

Thanks @ BHolmes87. I think I am going to get a style called Tree Braids. I saw a lady with some in on yesterday and they were SO pretty! I'm not going to relax my hair - I was just having a very bad day/week with this mane of mine. Thank you for being one of the ones that talked me off the relaxer cliff! Blakbutterfli  - Leona and I are BACK! - Page 10 Icon_biggrin
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakButterfli 6th May 2010, 8:20 am

Just a quick post. Ya'll KNOW how frustrated I was with my hair a week or so ago. Totally off subject, but I'm still working on a cute moniker for my hair. Last week, it was "This Damn Hair of Mine" but that does not roll off the tongue very nicely. Blakbutterfli  - Leona and I are BACK! - Page 10 Icon_biggrin

So, last Friday, my sis and I were meeting an old friend and her new hubby for dinner and my sister begin playing in my hair and she did my first puff! I think I have an idea of how new mothers feel seeing their baby for the first time. Blakbutterfli  - Leona and I are BACK! - Page 10 Icon_lol

Blakbutterfli  - Leona and I are BACK! - Page 10 Puffy10

Excuse my allergy eyes - it's been a hard spring for me this year!

But, this was the first time in a while where I have felt good about my hair. I'm the type of person that goes all into despair mode and then I get over it and make do with what I can. My hair is teaching me a lot more about myself than I thought it ever would. The funny thing is, a friend of mine asked me last night why I decided to go natural. I thought about all of the inspiring stories I've read on here and how it made so many ladies feel. After thinking for a few, I told her....

"....I don't remember!"

How's THAT for not being deep? lol But, the thing is - it doesn't even matter anymore. I'm here, I"m natural, I'll never threaten Hair X (that's my name until I come up with something else prettier) with a relaxer again and I love all of you ladies for being so supportive and just great folks. Blakbutterfli  - Leona and I are BACK! - Page 10 Herz
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next