CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blakbutterfli - Leona and I are BACK!

+23
ktoliver5303
NhappyJackie
MellowOne
mstokes2008
NubieNatty
bholmes87
KinkyNappyHappy
SheeTacular
CocaColaCutie
BlondeByDesire
tiashaunteé
MahoganyCurls
Intelligentbeauty
Juices-n-Berries
sweetdrk1
Freestyles
lovesunshine17
Lynnieluve
Kea::curls
ChrsLvsBks
nmoultry
lena73
BlakButterfli
27 posters

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Blakbutterfli  - Leona and I are BACK! - Page 9 Empty Re: Blakbutterfli - Leona and I are BACK!

Post by BlakButterfli 12th April 2010, 10:41 pm

tiashauntee wrote:
BlakButterfli wrote:
So, I've had I think 2 sodas since my cold turkey thing with the stuff began. That is GREAT for me! I am a Diet Dr. Pepper junkie (I KNOW that they are putting something in it!) so I'm doing well. Tiashauntee was sooo right - I actually crave water now. lol

Blakbutterfli  - Leona and I are BACK! - Page 9 678474

That's great! I'm upset because I can tell the city did something to the water and not it tastes gross from the tap. I had to go buy water. UGH
A friend of mine is drinking 2 gallons a day - I can't imagine! My bladder would burst!

2 GALLONS!? I don't think that's safe to drink! lol
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Blakbutterfli  - Leona and I are BACK! - Page 9 Empty Re: Blakbutterfli - Leona and I are BACK!

Post by BlakButterfli 12th April 2010, 10:48 pm

So ladies - this will be a quick post tonight. Work has me exhausted and I'm going to try and be in bed by 10:00pm. I've got an hour and 15 minutes! lol

Below are a couple of pics from today and this weekend of my twist-out using CD Healthy Hair Butter. My sister would tell me that my hair is "greasy" right now, but I like it when it's extra moisturized. Blakbutterfli  - Leona and I are BACK! - Page 9 Icon_biggrin

Depending on how I twist my hair, I get various results all over my head. Some of my little curls are VERY curly and coilly and sometimes I get that afro look. It just depends I guess. I think I have soft 4b hair on the left side of my head and 4a everywhere else - is that possible? I'm still thinking sleeping on the left side makes my hair shorter and more prone to the frizzies, but I could be wrong.
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakButterfli 12th April 2010, 10:50 pm

Hmmm...I can't post pics for some reason. I'll try again later guys.
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakButterfli 13th April 2010, 12:12 am

Blakbutterfli  - Leona and I are BACK! - Page 9 Cd_twi10

Blakbutterfli  - Leona and I are BACK! - Page 9 Cd_twi11

Blakbutterfli  - Leona and I are BACK! - Page 9 Cd_twi12
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakButterfli 13th April 2010, 11:38 pm

I'm thinking about doing a roller-set on my hair this weekend. I'm quite pleased with how it's looked since I went back to twisting it with CD HHB this week. Now, I just want it BIGGER!
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 13th April 2010, 11:44 pm

Love the hair, shirt and headband!!

My hair loves protective styles too. I can only wear it out about 3 days before Roxie starts acting up.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakButterfli 14th April 2010, 12:21 am

Lynnieluve wrote:Love the hair, shirt and headband!!

My hair loves protective styles too. I can only wear it out about 3 days before Roxie starts acting up.

lol - I love how you call your hair Roxie. I need to come up with a cute moniker for mine.

I want to get to a point where I can wear my twists as a style, but it will probably take me a while to get there. Right now, that's how I protect it at night and I'm rewarded with the curls you see in my pics. Blakbutterfli  - Leona and I are BACK! - Page 9 Icon_biggrin

Thanks - hair (my mama - lol), shirt (TJ Maxx), headband (Wal-mart if you can believe it - they NEVER have cute headbands!)
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 14th April 2010, 3:06 am

I'm excited to see how the rollerset will look on you. Please post results.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 14th April 2010, 10:30 am

BlakButterfli wrote:

lol - I love how you call your hair Roxie. I need to come up with a cute moniker for mine.

I want to get to a point where I can wear my twists as a style, but it will probably take me a while to get there. Right now, that's how I protect it at night and I'm rewarded with the curls you see in my pics. Blakbutterfli  - Leona and I are BACK! - Page 9 Icon_biggrin

Thanks - hair (my mama - lol), shirt (TJ Maxx), headband (Wal-mart if you can believe it - they NEVER have cute headbands!)

Walmart is really stepping their game up. The one here sells Babyphat and L.E.I. jeans. That is why I never got into brand names....they seem to always fall off or into discount stores.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 14th April 2010, 12:35 pm

tiashauntee wrote:
BlakButterfli wrote:

Walmart is really stepping their game up. The one here sells Babyphat and L.E.I. jeans. That is why I never got into brand names....they seem to always fall off or into discount stores.

Yes Wetseal has Babyphat too
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakButterfli 15th April 2010, 12:16 am

Personally, I HATE Baby Phat and House of Dereon AND AppleBottoms, but yeah, Wal-Mart is stepping their game up. Something about seeing a big-butt woman with two pieces of fruit splashed across her rear is just NOT cute. lol Sorry if that offends, but that's my opinion. I mean serioulsy - KIMORA doesn't even wear the mess she sells! lol

Ok. I am TOO tired to do anything with my hair, but am hell bent on doing this roller-set this weekend. I am trying to figure out if I should straighten my hair a little bit first. I've seen people do it different ways, but since my hair shrinks so much, I think I'll blow it out first. I think the trick is going to be twisting my hair in small enough twists to be rolled around the actual rollers.
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakButterfli 15th April 2010, 11:35 pm

Ok. So, tonight I had to get some dental work done. May I suggest that laughing gas be sold over the counter? I was sooo relaxed and normally, I am terrified of dentists. That being said, I have to stay up and keep gauze in my mouth for the next three hours. It's 9:30 CST time. What to do, what to do??

Oh - try out my new product! He he he...

Today, I went to Target and purchased Shea Moisture's Organic Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment Masque. I had gone in search of Miss Jessies this weekend, but obviously, it was all sold out. But, Shea Moisture had several products (and Jane Carter and Curls products were also in Target - who knew??) so I decided to get it today after reading good reviews from some of the other ladies in the PJ forum.

So, I plan on co-washing with HE HH and then applying the masque for about 30 minutes with a shower cap on. As this works into my hair, I'll tackle the pile of ever-growing clothes on my bed and I'll post how it works on tomorrow.
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 15th April 2010, 11:48 pm

i love ur hair pics! cant wait to see the rollerset done too!

lmaooooooooooo@ ur dislike for babyphat, dereon n apple bottoms!! ahahahaha!!! i feel the SAME way!! especially babyphat shoes n boots wit that dmn cat plastered all over the shoes, smh! i aint never seen kimora step out the house wit a platform sneaker heel looking boot with cats all over it Blakbutterfli  - Leona and I are BACK! - Page 9 Icon_scratch she need to stop playin...and dont get me started on house of dereWRONG!! bey know she aint right, now i have purchased some miss tina stuff from hsn cuz she has more of a mature look but since last summer even THATs gone down hill. i think they jus woke up n stopped trying Blakbutterfli  - Leona and I are BACK! - Page 9 Icon_rolleyes
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakButterfli 16th April 2010, 12:37 am

NubieNatty wrote:i love ur hair pics! cant wait to see the rollerset done too!

lmaooooooooooo@ ur dislike for babyphat, dereon n apple bottoms!! ahahahaha!!! i feel the SAME way!! especially babyphat shoes n boots wit that dmn cat plastered all over the shoes, smh! i aint never seen kimora step out the house wit a platform sneaker heel looking boot with cats all over it Blakbutterfli  - Leona and I are BACK! - Page 9 Icon_scratch she need to stop playin...and dont get me started on house of dereWRONG!! bey know she aint right, now i have purchased some miss tina stuff from hsn cuz she has more of a mature look but since last summer even THATs gone down hill. i think they jus woke up n stopped trying Blakbutterfli  - Leona and I are BACK! - Page 9 Icon_rolleyes

LOL - House of DamnItsAllWrong! LOL Girl, I am straight from the hood in Dallas, but I just have a low tolerance for ghetto stuff. Baby Phat is just ghetto to me. Now HouseofDamnItsAllWrong is just tacky. lol

So far, I am loving this Hair Masque. The consistency is a little thinner than I expected (like cake batter) but, I still like it. It has gone onto my hair so smooth and I LOVE LOVE the smell. It's a faint vanilla smell almost.

More to come...
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 16th April 2010, 2:54 am

BlakButterfli wrote:

LOL - House of DamnItsAllWrong! LOL Girl, I am straight from the hood in Dallas, but I just have a low tolerance for ghetto stuff. Baby Phat is just ghetto to me. Now HouseofDamnItsAllWrong is just tacky. lol

So far, I am loving this Hair Masque. The consistency is a little thinner than I expected (like cake batter) but, I still like it. It has gone onto my hair so smooth and I LOVE LOVE the smell. It's a faint vanilla smell almost.

More to come...

OMG!! I was just thinking about that. We had a morning meeting and this lady (not chic because she is in her 40s) has on BABY PHAT JEANS!! I am the person that PREACHES age appropriateness. And that is not what is hot. We have these men out here that is in their 50s wit COOGI on they but, tryna get a young thang out here. There is actually one man that I stop everytime and look him straight in the face and say... YOU ARE OLD!! ROCA WEAR, COOGI, SEAN JEAN IS NOT FOR YOUR 60 YEAR OLD A$$!!! (yes I am very blunt) AND what kills me is that Baby Phat is now sold in Wal-Mart!! As Nubbie said, I have NEVER seen Kimmora with her own product on. I totally agree with you on the hot ghetto mess of baby phat, apple bottom, and house of D stuff. As in Bey I think she need to sit down now and STOP IT wit them no need to be that pricey clothes!! Maybe I am just getting old and my tolerance is low. Sorry for the rant!!
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 16th April 2010, 3:02 am

ktoliver5303 wrote:
BlakButterfli wrote:

More to come...

OMG!! I was just thinking about that. We had a morning meeting and this lady (not chic because she is in her 40s) has on BABY PHAT JEANS!! I am the person that PREACHES age appropriateness. And that is not what is hot. We have these men out here that is in their 50s wit COOGI on they but, tryna get a young thang out here. There is actually one man that I stop everytime and look him straight in the face and say... YOU ARE OLD!! ROCA WEAR, COOGI, SEAN JEAN IS NOT FOR YOUR 60 YEAR OLD A$$!!! (yes I am very blunt) AND what kills me is that Baby Phat is now sold in Wal-Mart!! As Nubbie said, I have NEVER seen Kimmora with her own product on. I totally agree with you on the hot ghetto mess of baby phat, apple bottom, and house of D stuff. As in Bey I think she need to sit down now and STOP IT wit them no need to be that pricey clothes!! Maybe I am just getting old and my tolerance is low. Sorry for the rant!!

lol!
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakButterfli 16th April 2010, 11:16 am

Blakbutterfli  - Leona and I are BACK! - Page 9 Lol at all of this. Kt - I SOOO feel you on the Coogi, Phat Farm stuff with old guys. I'm waiting on someone to bust out some Karl Kani or Cross Colours so I can really let them have it!

By the way - how do I use the multiquote function on here?
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 16th April 2010, 11:22 am

That is a GOOD QUESTIONS.. I have tried, and have not succeeded!!
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 20th April 2010, 10:34 am

lmaoooooo@ KT; giiiiiirl that is too funny wit them old men tryin to get my attention...old single jeromey romes from martin!! "imma playa...**lookin up n saluting** from da himalayaaaaaaas!!!

that cd hair butter moisturized it nicely. im gonna get some tui leave in and mimosa honey this week too!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 20th April 2010, 1:40 pm

Juices-n-Berries wrote:I'm excited to see how the rollerset will look on you. Please post results.
what they said!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 20th April 2010, 9:02 pm

can't wait to see a cute rollerset that means there is hope for me. after this twist challenge is over.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakButterfli 26th April 2010, 9:20 am

Ok. This post is going to be brief, since I"m running late for work and I doubt my hair will put me in a better mood by this evening to post.

I didn't try the roller set, because I don't think I have enough hair to do one. I watch YouTube and get all inspired and everything I try looks a mess.

The Dallas CN.com girls had a meet-up this weekend. I've been natural three years and I think I've had 6 inches of growth since then. Everyone I see, at this point in the nappy/curly game, has WAY more growth than I do. The surprise people show when I reveal I am almost 3 years natural is embarrasing and it sucks.

My hair is embarrasing to me. I don't know what I'm doing wrong and I am wondering why I'm natural anymore. I did this because I wanted healthier hair and I"m just being rewarded with the same length, except it's just a shrunken mess that I can only slap headbands in.

I really am almost in tears right now. It doens't help that this really cute barrette I brought this weekend to dress up my hair broke when I was puting it in.

Hopefully, I'll feel better tonight. I'm about to slap yet another headband in my hair and get to work. Hopefully, I'll feel better tonight. Blakbutterfli  - Leona and I are BACK! - Page 9 Kopfschuettel
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 26th April 2010, 11:22 am

I'm sorry you are not having a good hair day. I hope your day gets better soon!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakButterfli 26th April 2010, 11:26 am

Thanks Lynnie. I jammed some gospel on the way to work and that made me feel a little better. Blakbutterfli  - Leona and I are BACK! - Page 9 Icon_biggrin But, I either have to braid/weave my hair up or relax it. I just can't look at it anymore like this. I'm struggling with no progress, it seems.
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 26th April 2010, 12:10 pm

Ok I hope you feel better, your post makes me want to hug you. I think braids may be a good idea to give our hair a break so you can retain length.

*hugs*
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next