CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Co-washing

4 posters

Go down

Co-washing Empty Co-washing

Post by Afrohersheys 17th March 2011, 1:05 am

I am considering doing weekly co-washes. So,how effective are co-washes? How many times, should I do during the week and what products are great for it.
Just tell me about your experience.

Afrohersheys

Back to top Go down

Co-washing Empty Re: Co-washing

Post by tashacu02 17th March 2011, 7:41 pm

I do cowashes twice a week and I usually use Aussie moist or Hello Hydration but sometimes I use whatever conditioner I have on hand at home. But, I prefer Aussie moist above anything else. I never did cowashes when I was relaxed because I didn't even know what cowashing existed...lol! But, I can tell a difference in the moisture in my hair and how soft my hair is. I also find that my hair sheds less and it detangles easier. HTH
tashacu02
tashacu02

Back to top Go down

Post by Afrohersheys 17th March 2011, 11:19 pm

Thanks, I will definitely co-wash now.

Afrohersheys

Back to top Go down

Post by MsJones1015 23rd March 2011, 8:02 pm

@ tashacu02: what exactly does co-washing suppose to do?
MsJones1015
MsJones1015

Back to top Go down

Post by tashacu02 23rd March 2011, 8:19 pm

MsJones1015 wrote:@ tashacu02: what exactly does co-washing suppose to do?

Cowashing helps to keep my hair moisturized and "clean" without using shampoo that can dry the hair out. I say "clean" because it does not do as good of a job as shampoo, so when I have product build I use shampoo also. I only shampoo my hair 1-2 times a month and I cowash any other time. Cowashing has also made my hair softer and easier to manage, especially during my transition.
tashacu02
tashacu02

Back to top Go down

Post by MsJones1015 23rd March 2011, 8:28 pm

so it's better to co-wash than to shampoo? im new at this and need as much knowledge as possible.
MsJones1015
MsJones1015

Back to top Go down

Post by tashacu02 24th March 2011, 11:22 am

Cowashing doesn't eliminate the need to shampoo (as least for me it doesn't) it just replaces it. For instance, I use to wash (with shampoo) my hair once a week, now I cowash my hair twice a week and shampoo my hair once every 2-3 weeks. I only really find the need to shampoo when I have product build up, any other time I cowash. I generally cowash, then do a hairstyle (twist or braid out) and when I need to redo the hairstyle, which is usually mid week, I do a cowash and the process starts all over again. My cowash days are usually Wednesday and Saturday or it may be more frequent depending on how I feel and what hairstyle I have. I hope this helps you Smile
tashacu02
tashacu02

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 24th March 2011, 2:38 pm

I'm late again. Goodness.

@Afrohersheys
Cowashing is most effective, IMO, when you don't have a lot of build up. I cowash 1-2 times a week. I shampoo maybe monthly? I have used a few conditioners from Garnier Fructis and I tried Yes To Cumcumbers earlier this week. I loved them all but YTC is my fav right now.

@MsJones1015
Tashacu02 explained cowashing very well. I only feel the need to cowash when I have been using very heavy product on my hair. No product alone can really clean your hair. Its the actual agitation of the hair and scalp that loosen the build up. The shampoo or condish help facilitate this and make it easier to rinse it completely out. Shampoo just tends to be a little too effective and strips everything from your strands. There are clarifying shampoos out there that may provide the same cleansing benefits as shampoo. Just throwing out another option for you.
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down