CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Natural Oils?!

4 posters

Go down

Natural Oils?!  Empty Natural Oils?!

Post by Beautifully_Me 27th February 2011, 11:08 am

Hey all,
I've been dabbling in quite a few SMC's (self made concoctions) using shea butters and a few different oils, just to see if my hair loves, likes, tolerates, or hates any of them. I recently was in the 99cent store and at the register came across a few oils. Shea butter oil, carrot & aloe oil, and grapeseed oil. Idk why I didn't just get all three, they were only 99 cent smh but i chose the carrot & aloe oil. And I googled and YT'd the uses of said oil, and I couldn't find much info other than hot oil treatments. Then I came on the forum, and its not talked about much on here either. So I was wondering if any of you lovely ladies use this oil for anything. Hot oil treatments, DCs, moisturizers..anything at all..
Thanks Smile
Beautifully_Me
Beautifully_Me

http://idontgetit28.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Natural Oils?!  Empty Re: Natural Oils?!

Post by ajsimmons8 27th February 2011, 7:58 pm

the only one that i've heard of and use is Grapeseed oil. It's very light weight and I usually mix it with my butters or in my aloe vera juice spritz since my hair does not like heavy oils. I'm curious for 99 cents, how big was the bottle?
ajsimmons8
ajsimmons8

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautifully_Me 27th February 2011, 8:08 pm

Lol its a 1.5oz tube. It was a buck so I said what the hell. I wanted to jus try something different..
Beautifully_Me
Beautifully_Me

http://idontgetit28.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nativehealth 2nd March 2011, 11:48 pm

Have you heard about Olive Oil. Well olive oil for a natural, hypoallergenic way to moisturize the skin. In addition to softening your skin, olive oil also has the added benefits of containing strong antioxidants like vitamin A and E. This helps to repair skin that has been damaged from cigarette smoke, overexposure to smoke and air pollution. Also, olive oil penetrates deep into the skin and leaves a protective shield of moisture which helps to keep the skin smooth and soft.
nativehealth
nativehealth

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 3rd March 2011, 3:40 pm

I love me some coconut oil! I use regularly. I mix it with my ORS Replenishing Pak to DC, as a sealent, and its in the moisturizer I use by Shea Moisture. Great stuff, very versatile. I'm thinking about making a moisturizer of my own with it.
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down