CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

acne scars

4 posters

Go down

acne scars Empty acne scars

Post by EastAfricanCurly 24th February 2011, 12:13 pm

I've been breaking out like crazy for the past 2/3 months now and I've been getting some serious scarring especially around my chin. It's not like my usual scarring, these scars are a blackish purple colour and it's pretty obvious and covering it with make-up makes things worse.

I've been using bio oil for some time now. I've noticed a little bit of a difference in the scars on my cheeks but not my chin.

What is there to help fade scarring apart from really expensive treatments like laser removal etc.?

Thanks Smile

EastAfricanCurly

Back to top Go down

acne scars Empty Re: acne scars

Post by ChrsLvsBks 24th February 2011, 2:43 pm

Retinol, Retin-A, hydroquinone, kojic acid (made from mushrooms) and vitamin C are typically discussed when fading dark marks. In fact, I was reading an article in Self magazine that listed a product that contained two or three of these ingredients. I cannot recall the name but I am sure you can Google to find it.

I have also heard about lemon and honey. I have actually been applying honey to my face every other night for 30 minutes. I use Manuka honey with Bio Active 16+.

Also remember to use sunblock to stop the spots from darkening regardless of the time of year.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by EastAfricanCurly 24th February 2011, 3:20 pm

Thank you so much! What kind of brands or products would I find these ingredients in?

Honey is something that my mum is constantly banging on about, I buy the raw kind so I'm gonna put some of that straight onto my face right now but I don't have any lemons in my house at the moment. I've also heard great things about Manuka honey, I think I'll buy some at my health store soon.

I was using sunblock a while ago but I stopped since I started wearing shea butter as I heard that shea butter is a natural sunblock but I'll actually start wearing it again from tomorrow!

Thank you soooooo much for your help. Very Happy

EastAfricanCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by miah_23_ncb 7th March 2011, 9:59 pm

I use visibly even by neutrogena (i get it from walmart). In the past I used skin lightening lotion by proactiv in combination with the visibly even & the 2 worked great together. My scars would lighten up quickly. Actually the scars kind of did this dry out and flake off & and a lighter color would be underneath. sounds gross but it was just like dead skin. I would just use a face scrub when i would see the flaking.

miah_23_ncb

Back to top Go down

Post by miah_23_ncb 7th March 2011, 9:59 pm

forgot to add I only stopped using the proactive because it is quite costly for the amount u get. I still use the visibly even.

miah_23_ncb

Back to top Go down

Post by Lysheba89 7th March 2011, 10:59 pm

Neem powder has helped my dry out my acne , when I was consistent with it. It also started to fade my marks, and I have many purplish marks, but it could be that I mixed lemon juice with the neem powder.
Lysheba89
Lysheba89

Back to top Go down

Post by Lysheba89 8th March 2011, 2:20 pm

Also, where in East Africa are you from? I'm Eritrean.
Lysheba89
Lysheba89

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down