CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leg Acne

3 posters

Go down

Leg Acne Empty Leg Acne

Post by Muz 26th February 2010, 2:22 pm

I have REALLY bad leg acne (it's to the point where I won't wear anything but pants outside of the house), it came about in the last couple of years and I really want to clear it up (along with the spots) what do you guys recommend? My brother is getting married next year and I'm going to be in the wedding, and the BM dresses involve showing my legs and I don't want to have to deal with make-up on my legs.
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Leg Acne Empty Re: Leg Acne

Post by Vee 26th February 2010, 3:06 pm

Hey Muz! It could be your moisterizer, soap or shaving cream. Have you changed any of the products that you use to see if that could be the problem? It could also be something in your diet. I know you said that it started a couple of years ago...did you start anything new? Our bodies go through so many changes it it hard to tell. I suffered from face acne a couple of years back and had to go to a dermatologist, because everything I tried failed. Since your brother's wedding is next year and summer is right around the corner you may want to check with a doctor.
Vee
Vee

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 26th February 2010, 3:33 pm

Well a couple of years ago I started law school, my legs started getting really bad in my second year. Maybe it was (and is) stress. I've graduated since then but trying to find a job is trying my patience. I can't afford to go to a doctor.

I was using Veet, I stopped using that and started using shaving cream instead which helped a little. It's like mostly a bunch of blackheads and scarring. Maybe I need to keep oil based products off of my legs?
Muz
Muz

Back to top Go down

Post by Vee 26th February 2010, 6:02 pm

That is probably it. When I shave my legs I use a very thick body wash...like Olay Body Wash or generic brand (which I currently have and works great). I shaved last week and have been using Vaseline (for extra shine [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ) and I have two bumps forming too...so I know how it is. Normally I use Aveeno but since the cold weather dries the skin I switched to Vaseline...I guess I will be switching back [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.].

Also another tip I read a while back is to make sure you exfoliate regularly (Equate has an exfoliating daily body wash too) it helps to cut down on ingrown hairs. I hope this helps!
Vee
Vee

Back to top Go down

Post by Lotusfairie 26th February 2010, 6:34 pm

Not sure if you've tried this or even want to, but I know that Neutrogena makes an all over acne wash for everyday use. It doesn't specifically say legs, but maybe it would help.

http://www.neutrogena.com/econsumer/ntg/productdetail.browse?segment=women&catId=5&subCatId=14&productId=19&target=/products/body/body-clear-body-wash.jsp
Lotusfairie
Lotusfairie

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 26th February 2010, 7:49 pm

Thanks ladies! I think I'll try the Neutrogena acne wash, I've used it before, but not consistently, maybe I should give it another shot. And I'll have to exfoliate more.
Muz
Muz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down