CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

:: Lynnieluve ::

+51
bholmes87
MsJay1121
A85
BlakButterfli
afroangel#1
MahoganyCurls
jamaicacurl
BattleKat
NubieNatty
Serenity23
StephanieB
TerraD
NaturalChica
FemmeFox
tiashaunteƩ
BlondeByDesire
KinkyNappyHappy
p_nuttie43
Courtney
d.denise
SheeTacular
vmichelle
Pinkrage
cococurly
lena73
AfrikanLatina
Notthecoolmom
DanceOnTheSkylines
Curly Film Chick
CocaColaCutie
Leila
dajewel
LilMsPuddles
HumanNature
Juices-n-Berries
Blackbeauty
NaturalNixon
traveljunkie08
nmoultry
adiaha
lovesunshine17
sweetdrk1
Preezie
Freestyles
curly+kinky+fierce
Kea::curls
Intelligentbeauty
.:Eden:.
ChrsLvsBks
NylaCoils
Lynnieluve
55 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

:: Lynnieluve :: - Page 2 Empty Re: :: Lynnieluve ::

Post by Preezie 15th December 2009, 1:23 pm

Beautiful story. I am so glad that you were so happy once you chopped. The funny thing is, I have not found one person unhappy once they BC'd.

Preezie

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 15th December 2009, 1:50 pm

I have heard of a few people who didnt like their hair when the BC'd but in the long run, they didnt regret it.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 15th December 2009, 11:56 pm

How could I forget to share that my Karens Body Beautiful came yesterday so I will be trying out the Hair Nectar as a leave in. That was the suggestion made on the site.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 15th December 2009, 11:59 pm

oooo I want to try her stuff. I am in NJ and keep saying one of these weekends I am gonna go to her shop! Please tell me how you like it
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 16th December 2009, 12:04 am

I've try the body butter and I love it!!! I dont like the fragrance I picked (chamomile sage) but can you say moisturized skin!!!

I ordered two of her sample packs so I will have a ton of review to give but I am only gonna use them one at time to get the full effect.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 16th December 2009, 2:37 am

Ooooh! I'll be waiting for that review! :: Lynnieluve :: - Page 2 678474

--Reese. :: Lynnieluve :: - Page 2 Icon_rr
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 16th December 2009, 11:42 am

I hope you enjoy KBB's hair products as much as I do!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 16th December 2009, 2:28 pm

Weightloss Journey - kinda long sorry

My weightloss journey and my natural hair journey started at the same time, April 2009. I was fed up with my hair falling out and the 20 pounds I had gained. I was not happy. :: Lynnieluve :: - Page 2 Icon_sad

When I was pregnant, I gained 45 pounds! I weighed 198 pounds. I never imagined I would weigh that much in my life. I was all belly so I wasn't too concerned. See pic below: I was HUGE!!!

:: Lynnieluve :: - Page 2 Matern10

I nursed my son for 6 months so the pounds melted off. No one told me once you stop nursing you need to start exercising to keep the weight off. I quickly gained 20 pounds after I stopped nursing. Once you have lost the weight and gained it back, you can't call it baby weight.

I gave my weightloss journey a name - "Mission Prebaby Fine N '09!" LOL! It gave me a little motivation. I have lost 15 pounds and I am now in maintenance mode. I do want to lose the last 5 pounds but I have to get focused again.

This was definitely a lifestyle change for me and not just another "weightloss for the summer" weightloss. I wanted it to be something I would stick with so I made small changes to my diet and started to exercise.

I tried working out after my son went to bed but I would be so tired most nights I wouldnt do it (stay at home mom). I was so fed up with my weight that I decided to go to the gym at 5am. :: Lynnieluve :: - Page 2 Icon_eek If you know me, I am not a morning person but this was my only option. My husband work crazy hours so I never know what time he will get home which means I would never know what time or day I could go to the gym. At 5am, everyone is still sleep and wont need me until about 6:30am.

I started out exercising 2-3 times a week for 45mins to an hour. I now go 4-5 days a week and workout 30-40 mins.

I still eat everything I want but in smaller portions. I am a junk food junkie!!! I still eat junk food but less frequently. I started drinking more water and taking a multivitamin.

Because of all my changes (weight and hair), I am proud to say I am now a better wife and mother for my guys. :: Lynnieluve :: - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

Before - a pic of me Easter Weekend with my 90 yr old great aunt.

:: Lynnieluve :: - Page 2 0ne_ye11

After - My 32nd birthday - family pic

:: Lynnieluve :: - Page 2 32nd_b17

These aren't the best comparison pics put I hope you can tell the difference.

I hope by sharing this, I am able to help someone else.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 16th December 2009, 2:58 pm

I love the natural look better on you....just one curly opinion :: Lynnieluve :: - Page 2 Icon_smile
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 16th December 2009, 3:07 pm

Me too Intelligentbeauty!! :: Lynnieluve :: - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by lovesunshine17 16th December 2009, 5:25 pm

Your family is beautiful and your aunt looks 40 years younger than her age! Smile Congrats on losing the weight you've lost so far~ that's awesome!!

And I agree, natural hair really suits your face. Very Happy
lovesunshine17
lovesunshine17

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 16th December 2009, 8:27 pm

Thanks Lovesunshine17!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 16th December 2009, 8:49 pm

(Week 2 Day 3)

This morning, I co washed my hair with VO5 Herbal Escapes Clarifying Conditioner and Aussie Moist Conditioner. I deep conditioned with VO5 Moisture Milks and olive oil. I sat under the hooded dryer about 20 minutes and then let it marinate for about 2 hours. Rinsed it out and started what ended up being an all day process :: Lynnieluve :: - Page 2 Icon_eek . BTW, I loved the results of the deep conditioner - soft moisturized hair!

I put Beyond the Zone Leave In Conditioner (it's a spray), Karen's Body Beautiful Hair Nectar and coconut oil in my hair and pickeded out the 'fro to air dry. My hair was still really soft. It's still to early to give a verdict on the Hair Nectar.

Styling my hair

It took ALL day! My son (22 months) was super clingy today. I couldnt move...he want to lay on me, sit on my lap, me to pick him up. I couldnt even start on my hair until he went down for his nap. I like to get me a little shut eye while he is napping but it wasnt happening today.

So after reading curly+kinky+fierce's thread yesterday I decided to do finger coils :: Lynnieluve :: - Page 2 Icon_scratch . This was my second time doing them with the first time being over a month ago. WHY DID IT TAKE ME 4 HOURS....4 HOURS TO DO MY HAIR??!!??!!!!??! My plan was to do a coil out tomorrow but you best to believe I will be wearing these coils until the weekend!!

Here are some pics:

:: Lynnieluve :: - Page 2 First_10

:: Lynnieluve :: - Page 2 First_11

I used my shea butter mix with aloe vera gel to do them. They look kinda like locs. It took me so long to do them, I dont even know I feel about them. What do you think? I hope the coil out turns out nice.

Later ladies!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Kea::curls 16th December 2009, 10:05 pm

i like them!!! they are so long...

http://public.fotki.com/KeaCurls/

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 16th December 2009, 11:31 pm

I see you soror! Oo-Oop! And by the looks of your great aunt...you have some great genes that run in your family! Wow! Wow! Wow!

BTW, your coils look fantastic! Coils are one style I'm yet to attempt! Judging by the 4 hours it took for you, I probably won't be trying them for a while! I recently looked at a youtube video on comb coils. Have you tried both finger coils and comb coils? I'm wondering which one is easier??

Hmmm...makes me wonder...will coils last underneath my "girls" for a week? I'm thinking they'll turn into a fuzzy disaster, but who knows?

Don't forget to post your coil out photos! We wanna see!

---Reese :: Lynnieluve :: - Page 2 Icon_rr
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 17th December 2009, 1:13 am

Kea wrote:i like them!!! they are so long...

Thanks. I was surprise at how long they were too!

Freestyles wrote:I see you soror! Oo-Oop! And by the looks of your great aunt...you have some great genes that run in your family! Wow! Wow! Wow!

BTW, your coils look fantastic! Coils are one style I'm yet to attempt! Judging by the 4 hours it took for you, I probably won't be trying them for a while! I recently looked at a youtube video on comb coils. Have you tried both finger coils and comb coils? I'm wondering which one is easier??

Hmmm...makes me wonder...will coils last underneath my "girls" for a week? I'm thinking they'll turn into a fuzzy disaster, but who knows?

Don't forget to post your coil out photos! We wanna see!

---Reese :: Lynnieluve :: - Page 2 Icon_rr

Hey Soror!!! Gamma Psi (Tougaloo College) Fall 1998 "Fiery Innocence" :: Lynnieluve :: - Page 2 Icon_elephant LOL!! I haven't introduced myself like that in a long time!!

My great aunt is a DIVA!! Can you believe she has a pair of knee boots? :: Lynnieluve :: - Page 2 Lol

I've only done a full head of finger coils. I tried the comb coils and can you say, "A tangled mess." I kept getting the comb stuck in my hair..OUCH!! I'm not sure if coils will hold up underneath your "girls." Because I used the shea butter, they are really soft.

Don't worry, I will be posting pics of the coil out.....good or bad!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by adiaha 17th December 2009, 2:03 am

Hey Sorors (Lynnie and Reese)!!! :: Lynnieluve :: - Page 2 879602

I am proud of your dedication, with working out. Earlier this year (Feb-May) I was going to the gym 3-4 days/week and I was looking GOOD. Well in May I started school and being a fulltime student, mommy and employee leaves me little time to go to the gym. 5AM, can't do it. But my BF bought me a Wii and Wii Fit for Christmas this year (no surprises here LOL) so I hope to use that to get active because not only am I product junky, but also a food junky LOL. I love to eat, and mostly the bad stuff like carbs.

Anyway I love your finger coils. I think I will try that eventually too. I love that look. I can't wait to see the coil out. How easy/hard was it (with the exception of your son being clingy).
adiaha
adiaha

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 17th December 2009, 4:40 am

YOUR COILS CAME OUT GREAT, LYNN. :: Lynnieluve :: - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 17th December 2009, 12:13 pm

adiaha wrote:Hey Sorors (Lynnie and Reese)!!! :: Lynnieluve :: - Page 2 879602

I am proud of your dedication, with working out. Earlier this year (Feb-May) I was going to the gym 3-4 days/week and I was looking GOOD. Well in May I started school and being a fulltime student, mommy and employee leaves me little time to go to the gym. 5AM, can't do it. But my BF bought me a Wii and Wii Fit for Christmas this year (no surprises here LOL) so I hope to use that to get active because not only am I product junky, but also a food junky LOL. I love to eat, and mostly the bad stuff like carbs.

Anyway I love your finger coils. I think I will try that eventually too. I love that look. I can't wait to see the coil out. How easy/hard was it (with the exception of your son being clingy).

Hey Soror!!! :: Lynnieluve :: - Page 2 Icon_elephant

They are easy to do but it just takes a long time. Most people use gel to do them but I dont like gel (only use it to slick back my edges). I read somewhere that aloe vera gel gives hold (not sure though) so that's why I mixed it with my shea butter mix. I take a small section of hair and make sure it is detangled. Apply the product from root to ends, paying close attention to the ends. I use a small tooth comb to help smooth the product through and smooth out my ends. I start twisting from the root down to the ends. Make sure you twist in a downward direction so they will lay down. I hope this helps.

Intelligentbeauty wrote:YOUR COILS CAME OUT GREAT, LYNN. :: Lynnieluve :: - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

Thanks Intelligentbeauty!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by nmoultry 17th December 2009, 1:05 pm

Your coils are beautiful!!!!!!

nmoultry

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 17th December 2009, 1:09 pm

Thanks nmoultry!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 17th December 2009, 1:33 pm

@Lynnieluve: I saw your post on CKF's thread so had to come over here to check out your coils. They look soooo good. Okay, I have enough motivation to try them again.

And congrats on the weight loss. Just another bit of motivation I need to crack open this Jillian Michael's 30 day shred DVD that's been sitting by the TV for 2 weeks. Neutral
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 17th December 2009, 1:37 pm

Thanks Traveljunkie08!

I use to do the Jillian 30 day shred...only did it for two weeks but it works. You are gonna be sore. I have turned into a gym so I dont like doing aerobic workouts.

Make sure you post pics when you try the coils.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 17th December 2009, 2:58 pm

(Week 2 Day 4)

There's not much going on with my hair today. My finger coils made it through the night. :: Lynnieluve :: - Page 2 Lol They are soft, moisturized and look good. So today I will share my hair's progress:

From the Big Chop 'Til Now

:: Lynnieluve :: - Page 2 Comic-p

Last edited by Lynnieluve on 17th December 2009, 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : trying to make pics bigger)
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalNixon 17th December 2009, 5:12 pm

Hey Lynnie...Your natural hair journey and weight loss journey is AMAZING!!

You have inspired me. I am going to drop these 40 pounds, stop taking these blood pressure pills, and have BIG hair!! :: Lynnieluve :: - Page 2 Icon_rr
NaturalNixon
NaturalNixon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next