CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FunkyHairChic: Cute Bun Style AND Mini Product Review!!!

+25
rayray19
thetiffany
ladybug
ChrsLvsBks
priceless
Neems
CocaColaCutie
FemmeFox
Mom2KurlyT
Nikcoils
SheeTacular
CrissyQ
Juices-n-Berries
cyclingchick
Intelligentbeauty
TheRYL1
sweetdrk1
poeticlyspkng
BlondeByDesire
Lynnieluve
DivaDreamgirl
KinkyNappyHappy
krazy coils
kim
funkyhairchic
29 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

FunkyHairChic:  Cute Bun Style AND Mini Product Review!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: FunkyHairChic: Cute Bun Style AND Mini Product Review!!!

Post by funkyhairchic 3rd March 2011, 11:21 pm

Intelligentbeauty wrote:hEY DARLING,

How did you maintain your braid out? Did you rebraid, pineapple, etc?

I am revisiting this style this weekend.

Hey chica!

Normally I'll braid my hair in 6-8 large plaits every other night. My hair is too dense to pineapple. I can't get it all atop my head. Sad
funkyhairchic
funkyhairchic

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

FunkyHairChic:  Cute Bun Style AND Mini Product Review!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: FunkyHairChic: Cute Bun Style AND Mini Product Review!!!

Post by Intelligentbeauty 4th March 2011, 1:07 am

Thanks, my dear. I had such a hard time braiding down to the ends. I remembered this was my problem when my hair was shorter too. So annoying. I always end up twisting the very end.......... Rolling Eyes . But I plan to roll the ends with rollers like you did. I hope to have a wonderful outcome like you this weekend, hair twin.... Very Happy
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 4th March 2011, 1:09 am

Oh btw, did you roll it all the way up, half way or just the ends?
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by funkyhairchic 4th March 2011, 10:37 am

Intelligentbeauty wrote:Thanks, my dear. I had such a hard time braiding down to the ends. I remembered this was my problem when my hair was shorter too. So annoying. I always end up twisting the very end.......... Rolling Eyes . But I plan to roll the ends with rollers like you did. I hope to have a wonderful outcome like you this weekend, hair twin.... Very Happy

Yea, I have the same issue. I just end up twisting the ends when I can't braid any further. I don't get it. Then my hair is naturally layered so I always get shorter pieces in my sections. Yea, I used flexi rods (orange). I'm going to get some skinner ones for my smaller plaits for tighter curls. The larger ones are good for more volume. If big hair is your goal, that is.
funkyhairchic
funkyhairchic

Back to top Go down

Post by funkyhairchic 4th March 2011, 10:38 am

Intelligentbeauty wrote:Oh btw, did you roll it all the way up, half way or just the ends?

With the regular rods I just roll the ends. The flexi rods I rolled all the way up and secured it.
funkyhairchic
funkyhairchic

Back to top Go down

Post by funkyhairchic 5th March 2011, 9:45 pm

Hey chicas!

I guess I'm due for a little update. First, let me say that I'm so happy that spring is here! The weather here has been incredible and I'm excited to start wearing my sundresses and sandals; paint my nails a bright color; and rock the most fabulous hair!

Since going back to my naps, I've kinda played around with it more to kill the boredom. I hadn't done a shrunken twistout in a while. I thought I'd go back to my early natural days. Here's how I wore it last Sunday and Monday:
FunkyHairChic:  Cute Bun Style AND Mini Product Review!!! - Page 4 Shrunk11

Later in the week, I decided to switch it up and do a quick and easy protective style. I really want to bun my hair more. My hair is so dense that it's hard to gather all of it into a single band. Plus, my hair is layered in some areas, so I have those parts that stick up or out. Not a good look. With that, I decided to create a flower effect bun. I wore it for about 3 days and got lots of nice compliments. People thought it was hard to do, but I just did a twist, tuck and pin method. Fifteen minutes later, I got these results:

FunkyHairChic:  Cute Bun Style AND Mini Product Review!!! - Page 4 Bunnin10

FunkyHairChic:  Cute Bun Style AND Mini Product Review!!! - Page 4 Dscn7011

Twists are not my favorite protective style. They've never grown on me, but I'll wear them every now and then. To do more PSing, I've decided to switch between bunning my hair and twisting it for the next 8 weeks. I'm debating if I should get my hair put back in baby twists again. I may in April.

Lastly, I tried a new product to wash my hair. I've been a avid user of Giovanni Tea Tree Shampoo forever. It's never failed me, but this time I decided to try Kinky Curly Come Clean shampoo for the first time. I'm a fan of the leave-in conditioner, so I thought I'd give the shampoo a try. It has all the right ingredients, all natural organic hair care. No sulfates, no parabens, no cones, yadda yadda.

Ingredients: Purified water, organic mandarin orange fruit, organic marigold flower,
organic white willow bark, organic sea kelp, c14-16 olefin, sulfonate and cocamidopropyl betaine (coconut derived), citric acid, sea salt, phenoxyethanol, natural fragrance.

It smells great with a very light citrus scent. It got my scalp and hair SQUEAKY clean! I mean that in the literal sense. My hair was so clean I could hear it squeak between my hands. My Giovanni shampoo is good, but I don't get the "squeak" effect. My scalp was well clarified, I did the scratch test and no buildup or residue was left after I rinsed my shampoo. My hair did not feel stripped; it felt nice and moisturized. Normally, I add conditioner on top of my shampoo'd hair. I didn't have to buffer my hair to keep it moisturized. It's a great shampoo, overall! I"ll use it a few more times before I officially say I love it.

That's all for now. Right now, I'm all twisted up for a few days. I might just pin them up for the week. We'll see. TTYL! Ciao!
funkyhairchic
funkyhairchic

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 5th March 2011, 10:12 pm

I had my eye on that shampoo for quite some time!! Thanks for the review!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 6th March 2011, 3:00 pm

I'm a Giovanni girl too, but always looking for alternates. Smile Your hair looks fabulous, dahhhling!
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 6th March 2011, 10:21 pm

Hi lady, thanks for the tips.

Love the bun. I am not a big fan of twisting either, but I find it is best for PStyling. The bunning and twisting alternate is smart. I just found that the bun never stayed nice for the full 2 weeks..... Rolling Eyes

Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 6th March 2011, 11:34 pm

Twists aren't my favorite protective style either. I'm so happy my hair is now long enough to do roll tuck and pin styles.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Mom2KurlyT 9th March 2011, 2:21 pm

Your hair looks fab as usual. I'm really feeling the flower bun thing. It's super cute and you always accessorize so well!
Mom2KurlyT
Mom2KurlyT

http://kurlytspot.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4