CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FunkyHairChic: Cute Bun Style AND Mini Product Review!!!

+25
rayray19
thetiffany
ladybug
ChrsLvsBks
priceless
Neems
CocaColaCutie
FemmeFox
Mom2KurlyT
Nikcoils
SheeTacular
CrissyQ
Juices-n-Berries
cyclingchick
Intelligentbeauty
TheRYL1
sweetdrk1
poeticlyspkng
BlondeByDesire
Lynnieluve
DivaDreamgirl
KinkyNappyHappy
krazy coils
kim
funkyhairchic
29 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

FunkyHairChic:  Cute Bun Style AND Mini Product Review!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: FunkyHairChic: Cute Bun Style AND Mini Product Review!!!

Post by FemmeFox 8th February 2011, 6:21 pm

Hi FHC!

Glad to see you back. Your hair looks amazing and definitely apl at least.
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

FunkyHairChic:  Cute Bun Style AND Mini Product Review!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: FunkyHairChic: Cute Bun Style AND Mini Product Review!!!

Post by funkyhairchic 8th February 2011, 6:37 pm

FemmeFox wrote:Hi FHC!

Glad to see you back. Your hair looks amazing and definitely apl at least.

Hey, Femme! Thank you, doll! I'm going to be stopping by your house to see what you've been up to! Great to be back!
funkyhairchic
funkyhairchic

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 9th February 2011, 12:29 pm

I had to play catchup with your thread! I love the big hair girl. I was going through the boredom thing, so I straightened. I've been having fun with it again, but it's not as carefree.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by Neems 9th February 2011, 2:24 pm

Great Hair!

I know that feeling of getting bored. A few days ago I saw one of my friends and she had dyed her hair and it looked great. Tell me why I'm contemplating making a hair appointment to get my hair dyed and cut even though I'm scared of damaging my hair. Maybe it's the weather... Btw, where did you get that lacy top from?
Neems
Neems

http://neemsnthings.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 9th February 2011, 4:44 pm

hey girly love the hair as usual you be doing your thing I just realized that my hair is super thin. but i have been trying not to give up. I get bored often
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by funkyhairchic 9th February 2011, 8:55 pm

CocaColaCutie wrote:I had to play catchup with your thread! I love the big hair girl. I was going through the boredom thing, so I straightened. I've been having fun with it again, but it's not as carefree.
What's 3C! Good to see you, doll! Yea, boredom has hit and I need adventure again! I'm looking forward to trying something new. I'l post pics this weekend!

Neems wrote:Great Hair!

I know that feeling of getting bored. A few days ago I saw one of my friends and she had dyed her hair and it looked great. Tell me why I'm contemplating making a hair appointment to get my hair dyed and cut even though I'm scared of damaging my hair. Maybe it's the weather... Btw, where did you get that lacy top from?
Thanks Neems! Good to see you, too! Idk if it's weather, but I need change and fast! LOL! I got my top from Express over the holidays. I'm addicted to that store!

priceless wrote:hey girly love the hair as usual you be doing your thing I just realized that my hair is super thin. but i have been trying not to give up. I get bored often
Thanks Priceless! What've you been up to? Have you still benn using henna? Is it helping with the thinness? I'm going to run by your house and check you out.
funkyhairchic
funkyhairchic

Back to top Go down

Post by funkyhairchic 12th February 2011, 6:35 pm

Hey Gals!

Well, I finally did it! It's official. Nina is STRAIGHT!!! Let me just say that my hair looks awesome, BUT straight hair is soooo not me! I never thought I'd say that in a million years, but funky hair is my signature for the rest of my life. Give me big, crazy, not-scared of water-rain-humidity-sweat-all-over-the-place hair. I'm still in a little shock, because I don't even recognize myself. I walk past the mirror, and it's like I'm waking up from a relaxer nightmare, but I remember it's just a press...no creamy crack! Whew!!! I was nervous about doing it for so long, but thankfully, my awesome stylist knew what she was working with and it turned out great!

Initially, I did all the prep work beforehand. I prepoo'd, shampoo/deep conditioned/detangled, the whole nine. All my stylist did was blow dry it straight, gave me a good trim, flat ironed, and curled it. Since the trim, I've fallen short of APL. I should be passed it by the summer for sure. A trim made a world of difference in the look and feel of my hair. Healthy ends mean less breakage/shedding, faster growth, fewer knots and tangles and Nina will be well on her way to length retention now more than ever! I trimmed about 0.5 - 1". That's cool with me; I won't even miss once I go back curly. I used grapeseed oil as my heat protectant (a la YTer NaturalChica) all over my strands. Here are the results!

FunkyHairChic:  Cute Bun Style AND Mini Product Review!!! - Page 2 Dscn6713

FunkyHairChic:  Cute Bun Style AND Mini Product Review!!! - Page 2 Dscn6714

FunkyHairChic:  Cute Bun Style AND Mini Product Review!!! - Page 2 Dscn6810

FunkyHairChic:  Cute Bun Style AND Mini Product Review!!! - Page 2 Dscn6715

FunkyHairChic:  Cute Bun Style AND Mini Product Review!!! - Page 2 Dscn6812

FunkyHairChic:  Cute Bun Style AND Mini Product Review!!! - Page 2 Dscn6813[img][IMG]

[img]FunkyHairChic:  Cute Bun Style AND Mini Product Review!!! - Page 2 DSCN6801[/img]

FunkyHairChic:  Cute Bun Style AND Mini Product Review!!! - Page 2 Dscn6814

As you can see, my hair is curled under. I love how shiny and glossy it is! I conditioned my hair really well and the grapespeed oil gave it shine, too. No oil sheen, hair spray, nothing. In fact, my stylist didn't use any of her products, except for the styling tools. I'm honeymooning with my faux-relaxed hair (no offense). I'm sure it won't last past Monday or Tuesday when I'm ready for my curls again. Something different and new is all I needed.

I've come quite a ways since then:
FunkyHairChic:  Cute Bun Style AND Mini Product Review!!! - Page 2 Bc_to_10

Next month, I'll have my hair in a PS for 6-8 weeks. I want to hibernate it until school ends and then bust it wide open in the summer!

That's all for now, dolls! Enjoy your weekends! Catch up with ya'll later! Smooches!

Last edited by Funkyhairchic on 13th February 2011, 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add image)
funkyhairchic
funkyhairchic

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 12th February 2011, 8:27 pm

Wow...your hair looks amazing! So lush and healthy. I agree, though...funky hair definitely fits your style. Smile
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 12th February 2011, 11:26 pm

Funky hair is definitely your look. Your straightened hair looks healthy. That shine is blinding. It looks so soft and bouncy. I love how you are not length obsessed. Healthy hair is so much better, so much better.

Thanks for all the lovely shots of your hair!

Now come back to the makeup thread when you can to share your beautiful makeup looks. You were one of my inspirations for starting to wear makeup!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 13th February 2011, 6:58 am

I totally agree with Chrs. Your hair is blinging and looks healthy. Beautiful Hair! But YOU are HOT with your funky hair. afro
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybug 13th February 2011, 12:25 pm

Wow, your hair looks gorgeous both straight and curly! Congratulations on your progress!
ladybug
ladybug

Back to top Go down

Post by thetiffany 13th February 2011, 3:38 pm

beautiful hair!
thetiffany
thetiffany

http://embracingmycurly.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 13th February 2011, 3:50 pm

Omg! YOU and that hair are FABULOUS!!! It looks fantastic!! Great job!! Grapeseed oil huh? I am going to have to invest!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 13th February 2011, 3:58 pm

It looks healthy and shiny but I am in total agreement, I definitely love the funky big hair on you!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 13th February 2011, 6:26 pm

So cute!
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 13th February 2011, 7:49 pm

GAWGEOUS!!! It so shiny!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 14th February 2011, 1:07 am

wow!! very pretty
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 14th February 2011, 12:35 pm

Look out!!! That shine is crazy amazing! Your stylist did a great job on straightenign! I can't wait to see you curly again though Smile
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mom2KurlyT 14th February 2011, 1:45 pm

Your hair is amazing. It looks very healthy. That grapeseed oil gave it a great shine.
Mom2KurlyT
Mom2KurlyT

http://kurlytspot.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 14th February 2011, 1:54 pm

Hey girl! Your hair looks awesome! I did the same thing this weekend and ended up losing about 1 inch or so due to split ends. I haven't had them trimmed in 4 months! Yikes! Thelma is not cool with that. So I'll be scheduling an appt for 6 weeks out. Anyway, your hair looks really lovely AND I also feel that your curly hair is all you.
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 14th February 2011, 2:15 pm

I love it.....so shiney!!!!
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 14th February 2011, 4:21 pm

You did an awesome job prepping it yourself. Love that shine! Grapeseed oil? I am missing my curls I think i will be washing my hair tonight.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by funkyhairchic 16th February 2011, 9:06 pm

cyclingchick wrote:Wow...your hair looks amazing! So lush and healthy. I agree, though...funky hair definitely fits your style. Smile
Thanks CC! I'm so pleased!

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Funky hair is definitely your look. Your straightened hair looks healthy. That shine is blinding. It looks so soft and bouncy. I love how you are not length obsessed. Healthy hair is so much better, so much better.

Thanks for all the lovely shots of your hair!

Now come back to the makeup thread when you can to share your beautiful makeup looks. You were one of my inspirations for starting to wear makeup!
Thanks Chrs! I've missed you, lovely! Yea, it only been a few days and the frizz monster is taking over. I'm missing my curls! I'll be checking to the makeup thread and see what you guys are up to!

Intelligentbeauty wrote:I totally agree with Chrs. Your hair is blinging and looks healthy. Beautiful Hair! But YOU are HOT with your funky hair. afro
Thanks Twinnie! Love my funky hair, but the change is good at the same time. Back to funky on Sunday! Smile

ladybug wrote:Wow, your hair looks gorgeous both straight and curly! Congratulations on your progress!
Thanks ladybug! I'm very pleased!

thetiffany wrote:beautiful hair!
Thanks thetiffany!

sweetdrk1 wrote:Omg! YOU and that hair are FABULOUS!!! It looks fantastic!! Great job!! Grapeseed oil huh? I am going to have to invest!!
Hey Sweet! Thank you lovely! Grapeseed oil is cheap and effective.

krazy coils wrote:It looks healthy and shiny but I am in total agreement, I definitely love the funky big hair on you!
Thanks KC! I agree! Back to funky on Sunday!

CrissyQ wrote:So cute!
Thanks CQ!

Lynnieluve wrote:GAWGEOUS!!! It so shiny!!
Thanks Lynnie!

rayray19 wrote:wow!! very pretty
Thanks Rayray!

CocaColaCutie wrote:Look out!!! That shine is crazy amazing! Your stylist did a great job on straightenign! I can't wait to see you curly again though Smile
Thanks 3C! My stylist is a master with the flat iron! I'll be rocking the curls next week! I miss them so!

Mom2KurlyT wrote:Your hair is amazing. It looks very healthy. That grapeseed oil gave it a great shine.
Thanks M2KT! Grapeseed is an awesome heat protectant and cheap! That's all I used.

poeticlyspkng wrote:Hey girl! Your hair looks awesome! I did the same thing this weekend and ended up losing about 1 inch or so due to split ends. I haven't had them trimmed in 4 months! Yikes! Thelma is not cool with that. So I'll be scheduling an appt for 6 weeks out. Anyway, your hair looks really lovely AND I also feel that your curly hair is all you.
Thanks PS! Yea, I know what you mean about those ends. I hadn't had a real trim since my big chop. I was surprised my ends weren't that bad, but we had to take off a bit. Health first, right? Length will come!

NhappyJackie wrote:I love it.....so shiney!!!!
Thanks Nhappy!

Nikcoils wrote:You did an awesome job prepping it yourself. Love that shine! Grapeseed oil? I am missing my curls I think i will be washing my hair tonight.
Hey lovely! Thanks! Had to. Only I know what my hair can take. Yes girl, grapeseed oil is wonderful. I'll be back to curly this weekend!
funkyhairchic
funkyhairchic

Back to top Go down

Post by funkyhairchic 16th February 2011, 9:31 pm

Hey Gal Pals!

Thanks for all the wonderful feedback on my pressed hair! I've been enjoying it this week. My students were too excited to see my hair like this. I was barely recognized by many of them! LOL! Several of my former kids have come to me about going natural. They are so enamored with my hair they could hardly believe how much it grew in the course of a year and half. Many of them saw me when my journey first began and watched my hair transform before their eyes. I love that they love it, too.

Well, it's been about five days since I pressed it and today the humidity got hold of my hair. The frizz monster started to rear its ugly head. Not ok! Weather has been very nice this week, but I forgot that humidity and straight natural hair don't mix well. Yea, well...it's all good.

Today, I went out and did a little shopping. I picked up a Caruso roller set. For those of you who are unfamiliar, it's a steam roller set. It does not use direct heat, but steam. I've been curious about trying them for some time so I copped me some from Sally's. I think I'm going to try them tomorrow and see how it turns out. I also picked up a few sets of (gray/orange)flexi rods. After seeing Krazy Coil's Curly Fro tut, I had to go pick some up so I can try it. It's likely that the hair boredom is going to phase out here soon. I also picked up some good quality shears for trimming. I don't plan to trim often, but I'll be doing the search and destroy method for knots.

Next week, I plan to go back to the "funky" hair and try the curly fro. Then in about three weeks, I'll be rocking some two strand twists for a while. About 2-3 months long. I want to give my hair a break and leave it alone. I'm so ready for the warm weather and so is Nina! I have the most fun with my hair in the spring and summer. I'm excited to show off my biggest hair yet!

Anywho, just a brief update on my hair. It's been a busy week and it's not even Friday yet! Hope you all had a lovely Valentines Day. I'll be back with pics of the Caruso roller set soon. TTYL!
funkyhairchic
funkyhairchic

Back to top Go down

Post by funkyhairchic 17th February 2011, 8:22 pm

Ok, so I think I'm in love with my Caruso roller set! I picked it up yesterday at Sally's and I really wanted to give it a try. My hair became a frizzball and lifeless as of yesterday. It needed a pick-me-up and the Carusos did just that!

I wrapped my hair last night and woke up to frizzies on my ends. My hairline and nape is reverting so I know it won't be long before this straight hair is a wrap! I used jumbo barrel size rollers to give my hair more volume and fullness. I filled the pod with water, plugged it in, and within about a minute it starting steaming. The Caruso uses a molecular steaming system to curl the strands of hair without intense heat. Much safer than hot rollers. I took a fairly large section of my hair, wrapped roller wraps around the ends, placed the roller on the pod for 5-7 seconds, applied to my hair and rolled/secured it. I used about 12 large rollers all over my head. What I love most is takes up 10 minutes to curl my hair. I kept them in for about a half hour. After taking them down, this was the result!

FunkyHairChic:  Cute Bun Style AND Mini Product Review!!! - Page 2 Caruso10

FunkyHairChic:  Cute Bun Style AND Mini Product Review!!! - Page 2 Caruso11

I loved the fullness and softness! If I ever get bored with bone straight hair, this is the next best thing! The humidity was still high, but my curls held up pretty well. Still full, and not frizzy. If if you have not already, I suggest you invest in this Caruso Kit ($40 @ Sally's). It's worth every penny and I think you'll be pleased. I have a party to attend Saturday night, so I'll be rocking the soft curls again before returning to my beloved naps! I'm missing them so much! I appreciate my curls much more after wearing my hair straight for a little while. *sigh* It was cool while it lasted! Smile
funkyhairchic
funkyhairchic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next