CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Natural newbies

4 posters

Go down

Natural newbies Empty Natural newbies

Post by naturalanxiety21 17th January 2011, 3:41 pm

Hey all,

Im new to this website and I have been transitioning for the past 6 months and I am enjoying the whole natural process but my only concern is that I don't know of transition hairstyles that work for me so I am seriously leaning towards chopping all the relaxed ends off (against my family wishes and my own). Before I began this natural journey, I was never the type to like doing my hair and now it is extremely difficult for me to do my hair. My natural hair is very kinky so im here to find out if anybody knows of really good conditioner and leave-in conditioner and a really, simple transitional hairstyle.

Thanks

naturalanxiety21

Back to top Go down

Natural newbies Empty Re: Natural newbies

Post by prettyporsche_ 17th January 2011, 9:20 pm

I like HE Totally Twisted & Tresseme's silicone free conditioner. As for styles, I really like rod sets. Braid-outs are cool too
prettyporsche_
prettyporsche_

https://facebook.com/porsche.olivia

Back to top Go down

Post by gotcurls? 17th January 2011, 10:28 pm

check out youtube, that is the oracle of style for women with natural hair at any length, transitional style, and curl pattern
gotcurls?
gotcurls?

http://gotcurls.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jo Somebody 18th January 2011, 11:53 am

I am VERY much like you, except I wouldn't mind too much about cutting all the relaxed ends off (I'm just too lazy at the moment), so I'm just transitioning in braids.
It's a bit boring as I mainly just leave it in a ponytail/bun (and because most of it's relaxed, it's a very feeble bun), but you can do other up-dos, can curl/rollerset the braids, can even cornrow the braids or twists if you choose twists.

I'm lazy, so it works for me. Very Happy
Jo Somebody
Jo Somebody

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down