CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

911 Cigerette/Club smell in my Kinky Twist !!!!!

4 posters

Go down

911 Cigerette/Club smell in my Kinky Twist !!!!! Empty 911 Cigerette/Club smell in my Kinky Twist !!!!!

Post by agore07 16th January 2011, 11:07 am

I need some ideas on how to get rid of the "club" smell out of my kinky twist, I just touched up my hair and it's way to cold to be putting water on my hair by washing it, it takes so long to dry. What are my options here, besides just let it air out ! OMG Help me !

Tailgating in STEELER'S NATION last night was a ball, but my hair is so smelly right now !
agore07
agore07

Back to top Go down

911 Cigerette/Club smell in my Kinky Twist !!!!! Empty Re: 911 Cigerette/Club smell in my Kinky Twist !!!!!

Post by Fleur 16th January 2011, 12:23 pm

Don't fret, lol. There are a couple of ways to get rid of the smelly hair.

**Put either peppermint, tree tea, or any scented oil/spray onto your hair.
Mist lightly with water, use a blow dryer/hair dryer on low for 10 minutes and voila--no smell.
**There is also an odor eliminator from the Isoplus natural line that is supposed to eliminate odors from locs and twists (Sally's or your local beauty store)
**For a no-heat method: use your best scented sprays, mist with a leave-in or water, and go.
**If the smell is still there, you may need to wash your hair.

Good luck!!!

Last edited by fleur on 16th January 2011, 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

911 Cigerette/Club smell in my Kinky Twist !!!!! Empty Re: 911 Cigerette/Club smell in my Kinky Twist !!!!!

Post by DreamMerchant 16th January 2011, 4:04 pm

I was going to suggest the same things as fleur! Lemon oil and Lemon Grass Oil are great for freshing up your hair!
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by agore07 16th January 2011, 6:05 pm

Thanks ya'll !!!! I actually have peppermint and euclyptus oil so I'm gonna try and mix both in my spritz
agore07
agore07

Back to top Go down

Post by envizionj 18th January 2011, 8:54 pm

Ladies, how do you keep your hair fresh smelling with the Black Jamaican castor oil? I have discovered that I may have to stop adding Black Jamaican castor oil to my shea butter mix. My hair smells rancid/funky after a few days although I wash weekly since I perspire in my hair often. I have noticed the same effect with my daughter's hair when she uses the same mix. She washes, conditions, blow dries and gets her hair corn braided every 2 weeks. Her hair smells really bad when it is close to the 2 week period. She plays basketball and sweats in her head also. sunny

I have added Acacia tangerine oil to the mix in the past, but that only camouflaged the smell for a short period and then that funky smell appeared again. The tea tree oil from Whole foods was too potent so I left that alone after the young lady that worked there showed me the bald patches it left behind when she applied it directly to her hair. :shocked: I recall using the hair milk from Bee Mine products that contain peppermint oil and that left my head itchy. No

I have tried adding a little Hello Hydration conditioner daily to my hair to see if it helps. So far it has helped, but I don't want to add conditioner daily long term.

I used to add a little water and retwist my hair in the front of my head every night, but have been just doing it to dry hair to see if I can eliminate the smell.

Thank you in advance for your feedback. flower
envizionj
envizionj

Back to top Go down

Post by agore07 21st January 2011, 10:26 pm

I use the lavender scent one and it works just the same !
agore07
agore07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down