CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kinky Twist

4 posters

Go down

Kinky Twist Empty Kinky Twist

Post by CostaKink 3rd March 2010, 5:28 pm

Have you ladies done your own kinky twist? What hair did you use, what products, what was your routine to keep your twist fresh?... please share!
CostaKink
CostaKink

http://www.loudmouth269@aol.com

Back to top Go down

Kinky Twist Empty Re: Kinky Twist

Post by coffyblack 8th March 2010, 2:10 am

Yes, they have helped me tremendously during my transition. I learned by watching videos on Youtube, beautifulbrwnbabydol explains it very well.

I used Janet Collection kinky twist because that's the only afro like
hair my local black beauty supply store carried. I would twist it with
ic fantasia gel and keep it fresh by spraying it with african pride
braid spray before oiling by scalp with either coconut oil or jojoba
oil prior to tying it up at night. Too keep my edges from twisting and
getting weak I would re-do the front perimeter every two weeks after
washing.

Some people like to start the twist out as a braid for about 1/3 an
inch before twisting, but I found starting it as a twist made it much
easier to take down.

Good luck! It's a great low manipulation style.
coffyblack
coffyblack

Back to top Go down

Post by laleepop14 9th March 2010, 1:12 pm

Hello!! Im sooooo glad I saw this post because this past weekend I did my own, but they are more of on the senegalese twist side. I used the Janet collection yaky silky braid hair and it was only 1.99 a pack. I still have not finished but did the outsides so I could wear it up in a ponytail. As soon as I can I will add a picture and for my first time doing any kind of extensions, I am super happry with my results. You tube is where I learned there are some great great videos and I know I will never pay 150 again for the hairstyle I just did by myself. I have already been getting compliments and its not even done!!!

I think I will keep them in for a month or maybe longer, jsut refreshing my outsides. I am currently in my 7th month of transitioning and needed a break from the two textures, so I wanted to get it braided but thought let me do some research before I go and pay 150 bucks!!! Glad I did and you tube will teach you how to do just about everything. Hope that helps..

Ill post pics when I can remember..
laleepop14
laleepop14

Back to top Go down

Post by xoxo 10th March 2010, 4:29 am

I have kinky twists right now.

I got them done at an African braiding salon and used Marley hair.

It's my first set and from the looks of it will be my last. I just did my BC on V-day and I wasn't feeling the short hair so I decided to wear kinky twists as a Protective style to grow my hair out. I treat the twists the same way I do my braids. I shampoo and condition every week, moisturize every other day with Shea Butter and every 3days to a week I apply mousse to the ends of the twists and braid them to keep the wave/curl. I plan on keeping them in for only 2-3 months, then getting conrows.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
xoxo
xoxo

http://www.longlivehair.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down