CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Made up my mind!

2 posters

Go down

Made up my mind! Empty Made up my mind!

Post by BeautifullyUnique 14th January 2011, 6:06 pm

First I'd like to say hello to my new CN fam. My name is De'Andres, alot of people call me DeeDee. I have for a while now been wanting to go natural but like most people I am scared. What if my hair doesnt grow? Will I get the same curl pattern I had as a child? How should I start? My profile pic shows how my hair is currently styled. It is a pixie cut but a little longer on the top and shaved in the back. MY thoughts on this was since my hair is short maybe I can cut off the perm as the natural pattern comes out, but im scared to look a fool. I thought about doing like the singer pink and shaving everything but the top since that is where my length is. I thought this could make for a unique do, but that is just what I think, I need advice from those of you who have gone throught this before. My mind is made up, I know I want to go natural but I just don't know how I should go about doing it.

Below are a few childhood pics to show the fierceness I was working with until I decided I wanted the french roll and pumper do like my mama in the 5th grade.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by BeautifullyUnique on 14th January 2011, 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : pics took up too much space)
BeautifullyUnique
BeautifullyUnique

Back to top Go down

Made up my mind! Empty Re: Made up my mind!

Post by gotcurls? 14th January 2011, 11:17 pm

i know how u feel girl, since every story is your very own you have to let your hair guide you. cause nerves do get in the way. and since ur only a few inches shy from the bc i think u should do whatever makes u comfortable! then again, going out of the comfort zone is a big part of taking this natural journey(:

good luck, happy transitioning! & God Bless
gotcurls?
gotcurls?

http://gotcurls.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down