CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you get micros or box braids?

3 posters

Go down

Do you get micros or box braids? Empty Do you get micros or box braids?

Post by FidiBee 11th January 2011, 2:31 am

I will be getting box braids done, in two days and I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for anything special I should do to my hair before then. I'll be keeping the braids in for about two months.
FidiBee
FidiBee

http://fidibee.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Do you get micros or box braids? Empty Re: Do you get micros or box braids?

Post by kinksncurls 11th January 2011, 2:57 pm

I don't get them anymore but I used to get individual braids all the time. Before hand I would just wash and deep condition. Make sure your hair is dry, stretched and detangled, and if you want her to use a particular product to braid with you can take it with you.
Otherwise, pay attention to your scalp when you get there and make sure she doesn't braid your hair too tight. GL
kinksncurls
kinksncurls

Back to top Go down

Post by mb430 20th January 2011, 8:40 pm

I put in my own box braids for years and years. But before then I was getting them done by a stylist. In my experience a lot of braiders will say they love braiding natural hair because the braids don't slip out as easily and will ask you to come in with "nothing in your hair" so it grips better. Do NOT do that. Even if you have to put moisturizer or whatever your normal hairdress is in your hair the day before so that it's not as slippery the day of. Braided styles put a lot of tension on your hair and if it's already dry it's going to break right off. Trust me I learned the hard way. After almost ten years of wearing my hair with braided extensions my hair is still only just above shoulder length and has only recently started to grow longer as a result of much research into natural hair care on my part.

I'd also suggest that you take your time and detangle your hair very carefully beforehand because the last thing you want is A) the stylist giving you split ends as they attempt to part/section knotted hair or B) the stylist braiding your hair up with a bunch of knots in it.

mb430

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down