CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blow drying hair, flat ironing and heat protectant

2 posters

Go down

Blow drying hair, flat ironing and heat protectant Empty Blow drying hair, flat ironing and heat protectant

Post by summerbreeze76 28th December 2010, 12:20 pm

Hey ladies,

My plan is to straighten my hair this week. I know that i will be using a heat protectant for flat ironing it. My question is: Do i need to use any type of protectant b4 blow drying it and if so do i reapply it to flat iron as well?

I've read throught most of the topics on this and still i am super nervous, but i haven applied any heat to my hair since April and i just have to see what my hair looks like.
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Blow drying hair, flat ironing and heat protectant Empty Re: Blow drying hair, flat ironing and heat protectant

Post by tiashaunteé 28th December 2010, 12:55 pm

When I straighten I don't blow dry. I do that to eliminate some of the heat that will be used on my hair. I have alternated with stretching my hair and letting it hair dry to roller-setting and sitting under a hooded dryer on low heat - cool air. Then I flat iron on med-low heat and I get super straight hair.

If I was to blow dry, chances are that I would use the heat protectant before blow drying
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down