CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FLAT IRONING NATURAL HAIR

3 posters

Go down

FLAT IRONING NATURAL HAIR Empty FLAT IRONING NATURAL HAIR

Post by Guest 22nd December 2010, 1:48 am

I was interested in flat ironing my natural hair b/c i think it would be cute flat ironed and i know there comes the concern about heat damage or whatever, but what could help that when it comes to flat ironing my natural hair as far as a protectant, moisturizer of some sort. i was thinking of just using a hair oil....anyone done this or could offer some advice?~ Smile

Back to top Go down

FLAT IRONING NATURAL HAIR Empty Re: FLAT IRONING NATURAL HAIR

Post by Lynnieluve 22nd December 2010, 1:57 am

I havent used it myself but from the research I've done, a lot of ladies recommend using IC Fantasia Heat Protector
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 22nd December 2010, 2:09 am

i'm still in transition so the flat iron is my enemy right now , but i've heard and saw some ladies get great results using tresumee heat protectant , shea butter and grapeseed oil mixed as well , as far as moisturizing the hair while it's straight i would use coconut oil , EVOO or jojoba any oil you may like for that matter , or some type of moisturizer that isn't water based being that you don't want your hair reverting too soon Smile if and when you do it please post pics of what heat protectant you used and results you obtain etc Smile
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalesque 22nd December 2010, 9:22 am

The other week, I flat ironed for the first time since my chop in October. I dried my hair in very large magnetic rollers. I lightly applied garnier fructis sleek and shine leave-in, a little bit of oil, garnier fructis sleek and shine serum, and Fantasia IC heat protectant. I dried under the dryer, but if I had more time I would have air-dried. Then I took each section and used Keracare Curling Wax. This stuff is light, makes the hair super soft and straight, and doesn't cause any damage.

naturalesque
naturalesque

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down