CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN HENNA?

+17
lollipop33
MelMelBee
ChrsLvsBks
envizionj
ajsimmons8
mitchellzee
sweetface1118
aggiegem
belleaenca
Cecewms84
PrincessRN
CarlaAR
atangledmess
newlycurlygirly
misskris
Madeaj
Imgettingthere
21 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN HENNA? - Page 3 Empty Re: CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN HENNA?

Post by Imgettingthere 15th January 2011, 5:17 pm

How bad does this stuff stain your sinks/bath tubs when you use it? If it stains at all!
Imgettingthere
Imgettingthere

Back to top Go down

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN HENNA? - Page 3 Empty Re: CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN HENNA?

Post by ajsimmons8 15th January 2011, 5:31 pm

@Im, I rinsed mine out in the kitchen sink with no stains at all. I also applied it the bathroom, and the drips and drops did not stain the counter tops or the floor. The only stains I got were on my hands because of a tear in my gloves but it washed away in a day.
ajsimmons8
ajsimmons8

Back to top Go down

Post by belleaenca 15th January 2011, 5:47 pm

I actually apply sans gloves n I rinse w warm water in my tub. It doesn't stain my tub n it comes off my hands easily w the warm water. Mind you, I'm talking about Cassia or a amla conditioner, not henna...

belleaenca

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR 15th January 2011, 7:09 pm

It doesn't stain my skin or tub, but I have to be careful of the grout on the floor and walls of the shower.
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by lollipop33 15th January 2011, 7:57 pm

Hello Everyone,
Im new to the forum and dont have an avatar yet, but i did my first henna treatment today after reading this forum for what seems like forever, I used Jamilla Henna, i purchased from a medaterranian store here in fayetteville, nc.. and i mixed it with coconut milk with a tsp of evoo.. i rinsed it with conditioner about 4 times, now im ready to Deep condition with Miss Jessies super sweetback, my question is can i mix with Alma Oil, what is the effects of this oil
lollipop33
lollipop33

Back to top Go down

Post by lollipop33 15th January 2011, 8:03 pm

can i use henna two days in a row, i may do it again tommorow cause i did it on dirty hair today, my hair is soft, but im thinking the results may be bettter if i do it again
lollipop33
lollipop33

Back to top Go down

Post by ajsimmons8 15th January 2011, 9:50 pm

@lollipop, I would wait at least 1 or 2 weeks before you henna again only because it can take 2 - 3 days for the final color to show due to the oxidation of henna. Also, because henna can dry your hair, it's always good to do a really good deep condition on it after you henna.
ajsimmons8
ajsimmons8

Back to top Go down

Post by lollipop33 16th January 2011, 4:10 pm

thanks a bunch
lollipop33
lollipop33

Back to top Go down

Post by lollipop33 16th January 2011, 4:14 pm

are there any conditioners out there that dont have protein, i deep conditioned with Miss Jessies, it has protein and i wound up deep conditioning again with just oils cause my hair was still dry...
lollipop33
lollipop33

Back to top Go down

Post by ajsimmons8 16th January 2011, 4:24 pm

when I did my henna about three weeks ago, it took a couple of deep conditioning treatments for my hair to soften up. Have you tried a hot oil treatment, that may help to restore the softness back to your hair.
ajsimmons8
ajsimmons8

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalqtpy 17th January 2011, 2:51 pm

I'm new to the whole natural journey and have been thinking about Henna as well. I hear great things. I'm just so confused Rolling Eyes . I keep trying differnet products. I'm a major PJ, lol. I BC'd on Dec. 29th. I died my hair black about 2 weeks ago. Is it too soon too henna? And I don't want any color. I like black for now. So from what I've read, Cassia's the way to go?
naturalqtpy
naturalqtpy

Back to top Go down

Post by ajsimmons8 17th January 2011, 2:59 pm

Hi & Welcome Newly Very Happy I would also check out the Hairyuveda forums (http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/t4326p300-hairyuveda-challenge) and also the Ayruveda forum (http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/t4379-ayurveda-101-part1). there's wonderful information on both that I think you'll find very helpful.
ajsimmons8
ajsimmons8

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalqtpy 17th January 2011, 4:15 pm

Thanks AJ Very Happy . I appreciate the tips!
naturalqtpy
naturalqtpy

Back to top Go down

Post by lollipop33 21st January 2011, 3:21 pm

Hey thanks for the information, cause my hair is still somewhat dry and its the 21st and I hennaed a week ago..l love jet black hair and my hair has always been jet black, but the henna seemed to have lightened to a dark brown color..im wondering did i do something wrong, but how can i get it turned back black...thanks for the information on the oils...i have been natural for 2 years now and Im still learning a lot...im realizing it is a ongoing process
lollipop33
lollipop33

Back to top Go down

Post by ajsimmons8 21st January 2011, 3:27 pm

Hi Lollipop, did you mix henna with indigo and if so what process/steps did you take? For the dry hair, I find that I need to do several deep conditioning treatments as well as make sure I'm using a leave in conditioner, and oils.
ajsimmons8
ajsimmons8

Back to top Go down

Post by lollipop33 21st January 2011, 8:43 pm

No i didnt use indigo will these make my hair black again...and in your deep conditioning treatments was their protein in them, or did you use ones without the protein...
lollipop33
lollipop33

Back to top Go down

Post by ajsimmons8 21st January 2011, 8:47 pm

Indigo will help to darken your hair and some women use it get the black hair they are looking for. From what I've read the best process to get black hair is the 2 step process: Apply henna, and then apply the indigo.

I try and stay away from products with protein in them since the henna itself strengthens your hair.
ajsimmons8
ajsimmons8

Back to top Go down

Post by lollipop33 21st January 2011, 9:40 pm

ok thanks i purchased a couple of the miss jessies deep conditioner and they are really good but they do have protein..
lollipop33
lollipop33

Back to top Go down

Post by Stylenic 27th January 2011, 2:47 pm

Thanks for the info on Henna, now that my hair is longer I'm considering
this option. Are there any specific brands better than others?

Stylenic

Back to top Go down

Post by bpjedi 27th January 2011, 6:35 pm

@Stylenic

You want to go for BAQ (body art quality) henna because it has been sifted more, which means easier rinsing because there will not be any stones or twigs in it. I believe that CN uses Jamila Henna in the silver foil package.

Some BAQ hennas are available at Butters 'N Bars: http://www.butters-n-bars.com/henna4hair.html

bpjedi
bpjedi

Back to top Go down

Post by suzamattew 29th January 2011, 4:21 am

Henna is a plant which was used for dying to hair and finger tips. These plant have flower on it. These word henna is comes from Arabic language. A henna is very good for hair and if you apply henna on hair it will smooth your hair and giving red color to hair.

suzamattew

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3