CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Using Cassia over permanent golden highlghts

4 posters

Go down

Using Cassia over permanent golden highlghts Empty Using Cassia over permanent golden highlghts

Post by Sthrngal92 23rd December 2010, 4:12 am

I have chemical damage on the left side of my hair from professional coloring and highlighting. I would like to use a Cassia treatment to start the process of correcting this issue and preventing it on the right side. My question is: will the Cassia darken or redden my highlights like Henna? Also, has anyone with similar hair coloring used Cassia, what were your results?
Sthrngal92
Sthrngal92

https://facebook.com/Neva.Skinner.Trice ; twitter.com/Sthrngal92

Back to top Go down

Using Cassia over permanent golden highlghts Empty Re: Using Cassia over permanent golden highlghts

Post by Madeaj 23rd December 2010, 11:09 am

cassia is used on light colored hair to strengthen hair light henna without the red dye. Cassia is sometimes used to dye light colored hair a blond color. It might actually make the blond richer and strengthen your hair. It won't color dark hair but you get the same strengthening affect.

Here's a link cassia

There is couple of places to buy it online, I just like this one.
Madeaj
Madeaj

Back to top Go down

Using Cassia over permanent golden highlghts Empty Re: Using Cassia over permanent golden highlghts

Post by Sthrngal92 24th December 2010, 12:05 am

thank you Madeaj! I ordered some from mehandi.com and am anxiously awaiting it's arrival!
Sthrngal92
Sthrngal92

Back to top Go down

Post by Jameil528 9th January 2011, 12:36 am

So sorry to hijack your thread. But I have a question I have permanent copper highlights and am afraid to use henna in fear that it will alter my color. Will the cassia alter them as well?

Jameil528

Back to top Go down

Post by Sthrngal92 9th January 2011, 5:45 am

Hi Jameil528! No the Cassia will not. Cassia is a gloss and the plant that it is derived from does not have a dye molecule. Hth!
Sthrngal92
Sthrngal92

Back to top Go down

Post by Jameil528 11th January 2011, 6:31 pm

Thanks!!! It really does!

Jameil528

Back to top Go down

Post by atangledmess 11th January 2011, 6:59 pm

Hey Jameil528, I have cassia and have dark colored hair so a color change is not my issue. However, I'm wondering what color my grays will turn? Anything but gray is welcome Laughing I haven't used it yet but will like to this week. What did you use in your mix? Thanks for your response.

atangledmess

Back to top Go down

Post by Jameil528 30th January 2011, 12:53 pm

Hi atangledmess! Im so sorry for the late reply. I used cassia this past week. I used:
50g cassia
3 tbsp coconut milk
1 tbsp castor oil
2 tbsp honey

After washing with Shea Moisture Brillant Curl Shampoo, I applied my mix and left it on overnight (~7 hrs). I washed out with V05 Peach Passion Moisture Milks condish and DC'd with Matrix extra intense condish for 2 hours. My hair was super soft!!! Im rocking a frohawk this week and the girl who braids my hair even commented on how much softer my hair felt. HTH!!!!

Jameil528

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down