CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Curl Losening Affect Temporaily or Permanent?

+4
msmyles
Curly Film Chick
tiashaunteé
Brainiac
8 posters

Go down

Is Curl Losening Affect Temporaily or Permanent? Empty Is Curl Losening Affect Temporaily or Permanent?

Post by Brainiac 6th September 2010, 1:10 pm

I have 4a hair. I ordered 5 packs of Jamila Henna 09 batch. my first one will also be with hibiscious flowers. I plan to henna 5 times in the next week. I usually wear twist and conrows as a style. But my ends keep getting tangled and breaking off, plus i have alot of split ends. I put moisturize all the time on my ends. But some reason i cant retain length.

i use styling cream, organic virgin coconut oil, hair milk, deep conditioner.

My goal is to get a 3c hair texture. I want to get my curls loser becuaase i think that will help for better length retention.

Any suggestions or tips.

Brainiac

Back to top Go down

Is Curl Losening Affect Temporaily or Permanent? Empty Re: Is Curl Losening Affect Temporaily or Permanent?

Post by tiashaunteé 7th September 2010, 4:25 pm

I experienced curl loosening last week and for me it was temporary. My curls are now back to normal.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Is Curl Losening Affect Temporaily or Permanent? Empty Re: Is Curl Losening Affect Temporaily or Permanent?

Post by Curly Film Chick 10th September 2010, 12:54 pm

I experience temporary loosening only when I was using Jamilah brand henna. My hair reverted after a couple of weeks. When I tried dulhan henna for some reason I didn't experience it, and I'm not sure why...
Curly Film Chick
Curly Film Chick

http://www.quirkycurlyfilmchick.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by msmyles 12th February 2011, 2:55 pm

The first time I used henna I used Nupur & I didn't notice the curl losening. Yesterday I used Jamilah in a henna gloss & then I applied indigo afterwards. I definitely got loose curls. My hair is very fine & I had tight, springy coils. After using Jamilah my hair was wavy at the root with big curls on the end. Now this is what it looked like wet, not sure if it would have stayed that way when it dried, cause I put my hair in two strand twists. I will continue to use henna for the conditioning effect.
msmyles
msmyles

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR 12th February 2011, 8:10 pm

....also curl loosening doesn't happen to everyone. It does not happen to me (and I prefer that). Just letting you know that not everyone experiences that.

The tangling and breaking on the ends of your hair could be from split, damaged ends and SSKs. I was experiencing the same thing until I bit the bullet and trimmed my ends a little...
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by ajsimmons8 12th February 2011, 9:54 pm

Henna'ng five times within the week can be a lot on the hair, especially if you are not DC after each one. From everything that I've read and researched any loosening of the curl pattern is only temporary. I also agree with Carla that the breakage could be from damaged ends.
ajsimmons8
ajsimmons8

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR 12th February 2011, 10:33 pm

I agree with ajsimmons8, 5 times in a week IS a lot. Smile Not only with time involved, but also henna can be drying. Try doing it once a week? Maybe you can do henna glosses which is very conditioning. Your curl may not loosen, but your hair will be stronger = less breakage anyway.
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by bpjedi 15th February 2011, 12:33 am

My hair doesn't seem to loosen with henna, but it is a lot softer and feels smoother. I also seem to be getting fewer single-strand knots, which is awesome.

I'd back up CarlaAR, who suggested trimming off split ends. Folks with our texture can retain length. I know for me, using shampoo that doesn't have sodium lauryl sulfate made a big difference--my hair is much less dry now. Also, I've found doing an apple cider vinegar rinse really helpful. I also stay away from heat styling.

Manipulating your hair that much in one week might be too much, and could even add to the breakage.
bpjedi
bpjedi

Back to top Go down

Post by CrAvInG_CuRlZ:) 15th February 2011, 1:48 am

I have hennaed once a week for the past 3 weeks and I have experienced curl loosening (which I didn't really want). So far it has been permanent but we'll see...I think I'll be able to tell better when I start spacing out my treatments a lil more. I have continued with them b/c it hasn't been drastic but it is noticeable to me. I've heard that if you have looser curls then you have more chance of them loosening. I am naturally 3c with some 3b. Now I'm about 50-50 with henna. this week will be my last henna before i move to twice monthly treatments. I will be adding amla to try and prevent further loosening and maybe resotre some curl. The conditioning/strengthening effects have me hooked though.
CrAvInG_CuRlZ:)
CrAvInG_CuRlZ:)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down