CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New here, but I am willing to help newbies

+8
BrownGirlsHair
yacoomba
Madeaj
naturally.yours
Ambitious_Tiff
Thetruthisoutthere
Keisha
ChakaKhanian
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

New here, but I am willing to help newbies - Page 2 Empty Re: New here, but I am willing to help newbies

Post by naturally.yours 2nd January 2011, 8:58 pm

Madeaj wrote:Is your hair heat damaged? Do you want to cut it?

If not I would just go on from where it is. Maybe do some cassia/amla treatments to bring back the curl. Actually it might be a good idea to do that and some deep conditioning treatments. Give it a couple of months of DT, protective styles, and TLC. After a couple of months you can still DC if you feel you need to.

Hello. I'm not sure if my hair is heat damaged or not. When I ask professionals, they say no and credit the difference in textures to be the way my hair grows, but other people tell me it is. I really don't want to cut it because it has grown tremendously within the last year. And truthfully, I don't have the head to pull off a short cut. Laughing

Thanks! I think I'll look into the cassia and alma treatments. I try to DC with every wash, but I don't wash as often as I used to. I may do that for six months, and if the curl doesn't revert I guess I'll gradually begin to get it cut.
naturally.yours
naturally.yours

Back to top Go down

New here, but I am willing to help newbies - Page 2 Empty Re: New here, but I am willing to help newbies

Post by ChakaKhanian 5th January 2011, 11:32 pm

Thetruthisoutthere wrote:p.s. can you provide more info on the "slide and tuck" method?

Thanks!

Slide and Tuck Method
ChakaKhanian
ChakaKhanian

Back to top Go down

Post by Thetruthisoutthere 7th January 2011, 12:02 am

Thank you - I quarantined all my old bobby pins and purchased hairpins! Will do another twist out this Sunday!

Be Blessed!
Thetruthisoutthere
Thetruthisoutthere

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownGirlsHair 7th January 2011, 11:09 am

I'm lovin your advice Chaka!! woot!
BrownGirlsHair
BrownGirlsHair

http://www.browngirlhair@blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by naturellebeaute 10th February 2011, 7:07 am

Hi Chaka, I love that you have expeienced both ways of going natural. I do have one question for you... did you find that during your transition your new growth was hard to keep soft and moisturized but the relaxed ends were fine?

Last edited by naturellebeaute on 10th February 2011, 7:08 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
naturellebeaute
naturellebeaute

Back to top Go down

Post by missartistic 23rd March 2011, 2:49 pm

i just subscribed to you YT channel! you are so brave and such an inspiration to me! i just BC 3 days ago and I'm freaking out! How do you grow your hair so long? And what is your regimine?
missartistic
missartistic

Back to top Go down

Post by MsJones1015 23rd March 2011, 8:19 pm

@ Chakakhanian: I am 2 months post relaxer. Can you give me any suggestions on ways to maintain moisture and styles that are good for transitioning?
MsJones1015
MsJones1015

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 24th March 2011, 1:38 pm

ChakaKhanian wrote:I did both. The first time I went natural, I transitioned for 1 year and 4 months. The second time I went natural, I only transitioned for 5 months. I big chopped March 09 and have been completely natural for over a year now. Just let me know!

I follow you on youtube and I just wanted to let you know Im a fan of yours and i love your hair Smile Keep doing what youre doing!
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2