CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where to get indigo?

+9
ajsimmons8
Sebastain13
envizionj
MsKayDee
msbox1984
barbie007blaque
sulutomy
gemofacurlgirl
mokacoffey
13 posters

Go down

Where to get indigo? Empty Where to get indigo?

Post by mokacoffey 20th December 2010, 9:54 pm

I bought some henna today but when I looked for the indigo they didn't have it in the Indian Grocery. Of course, I didn't know what I was looking for anyway . What brand are ppl using? Is it just in a bag or boxed like henna? I'm gonna swing by WF tonight and scope it out. I got some Cassia from there the other day. Anyway- if need to order online please let me know. Thanks! Oh I scored some Vatika oil while at the Indian shop too. Excited to use it!

mokacoffey

Back to top Go down

Where to get indigo? Empty Re: Where to get indigo?

Post by gemofacurlgirl 23rd December 2010, 2:12 pm

I think you may have to order online because I think indigo is not as popular as henna as well as I don't belive it is a common Indian store product . I have been to several indian grocery stores and salons and they never have it .
gemofacurlgirl
gemofacurlgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by mokacoffey 24th December 2010, 11:54 pm

Yeah... I went to a couple different shops and no luck. Looks like online it is!

mokacoffey

Back to top Go down

Post by sulutomy 22nd January 2011, 1:04 am

Indigo is best for hair, you can get it from any medical stores in cheap price. In my city very easy to get Indigo. It makes very dark hair in short time, no need to apply every day.

sulutomy

Back to top Go down

Post by barbie007blaque 30th January 2011, 12:49 pm

I have had to order my Indigo from mehandi.com. It comes in a bag my next order I'll take a pic and post it up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXtAEiLk624
barbie007blaque
barbie007blaque

https://www.youtube.com/barbie007blaque and http://www.twitter.com/ba

Back to top Go down

Post by msbox1984 3rd February 2011, 12:20 am

I know that butters-n-bars sells indigo, and other natural herbs/plants for different henna color outcomes. :-)
msbox1984
msbox1984

http://www.blogger.com/profile/04755186744575694181

Back to top Go down

Post by MsKayDee 6th February 2011, 12:15 am

www.hennasooq.com I learned about the site today from a fellow curly on this site. She gave the company thumbs up for customer service and there is a quick turn around on orders. i jsut ordered some henna and amla fromt here today.
MsKayDee
MsKayDee

Back to top Go down

Post by envizionj 7th February 2011, 1:43 am

LadyDivah, you do know that Hesh Amla is sold at the same Indian store in the city for $2.49 per box right? flower
envizionj
envizionj

Back to top Go down

Post by MsKayDee 7th February 2011, 8:00 pm

@envizionj: Now I know! thanks!
MsKayDee
MsKayDee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sebastain13 8th February 2011, 12:52 pm

I ordered some indigo from butter n bars
Sebastain13
Sebastain13

http://<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

Back to top Go down

Post by mokacoffey 8th February 2011, 8:15 pm

I ende up ordering from HennaSooq, which was really great. I just wish there was somewhere local or just where it wasn't like, 7-8 bucks per 100 grams. Dang. I wanna keep my hair black and I have brownish color on half way down so that part really takes the red from henna. I'm think about just doing the henna treatments and not giving a care about the red that results. I mean, I was used to a brown ponytail, I can get used to a red one, right? lol
It just stinks that I can get my henna locally and inexpensive @ 2.49 a box max but not the indigo. Dang

mokacoffey

Back to top Go down

Post by ajsimmons8 8th February 2011, 9:42 pm

@Moka, I know at the Indian stores here, the Indigo is actually labeled "Black Henna" which is the same as Indigo. I bought some and it came in a 200 gram bag which I bought for about $3.00
ajsimmons8
ajsimmons8

Back to top Go down

Post by Estiscurls 17th March 2011, 9:16 am

Same here in Los Angeles' Indian/Pakistani markets. Henna producers call it "Black Henna" probably hoping to better describe the product to an American (foreign) market. Funny thing is the instructions on "Black Henna" do not call for applying henna first but I always do. One day I will try this "black Henna" on my roots without the henna, but I have a feeling my roots will just turn blue.
Estiscurls
Estiscurls

Back to top Go down

Post by NeeC1 18th March 2011, 10:23 pm

Hey Moka -
I was in DFW for the past 5 days & I actually found a vendor who sells online and out of her henna tattoo studio - she has henna, indigo, and more. Being that I met her in person, I am more comfy buying from her online if/when I can't get back up there to buy in person (she's in Arlington near UT-A). Check out her site: www.mysticalhenna.com.

~NeeC1
NeeC1
NeeC1

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur 18th March 2011, 11:18 pm

Neec1, I saw that you posted about Mystical Henna earlier in the week. I bit the bullet and ordered my first purchase of Cassia and Indigo. I ordered on Tuesday evening and received the package today. I tore open the package and went on to do my first Cassia treatment (whoomp whoomp). It was ridiculously messy, but pleasantly moisturizing. When I washed it out, I didn't notice that big of a difference. I'll try a few more treatments to be sure I wasn't tripping. Thanks for the info, girl!!!!

Oh and when I used the Cassia I was able to see how much hair I grew over the past 8 months. I was practically bald when I did my BC.
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by NeeC1 19th March 2011, 6:23 pm

@Fleur -
Hey!! I'm so glad it worked out for you. I feel much more confident about making an online purchase now that I've found Mystical Henna - meeting Lyn in person & actually going to her house makes a WORLD of difference I brought some henna back to SA w/me & I can't wait to do my first treatment. Indigo will be next, but one thing at a time!! Very Happy

Like I've told you before, I LOVE your hair. I'm loving my TWA, but look forward to actually doing some thangs w/longer hair. You are certainly an inspiration. Smile

~NeeC1
NeeC1
NeeC1

Back to top Go down

Post by jelover9 24th March 2011, 6:11 pm

Don't get Black Henna, please! It's not pure plant Indigo, but a synthetic dye: http://www.hennapage.com/henna/warnings.html.
jelover9
jelover9

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down