CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Winter+Flat Iron+Buns=Length Retention?

+3
Lynnieluve
FalconTress
mokacoffey
7 posters

Go down

Winter+Flat Iron+Buns=Length Retention? Empty Winter+Flat Iron+Buns=Length Retention?

Post by mokacoffey 11th December 2010, 9:06 pm

Well, I'm thinking about flat ironing my hair this winter and keeping it in buns as a protective style. My hair is at the awkward length of right on and a little past my shoulders. I know the bunning will help keep moisture on my ends & help in retaining length. I am just wondering if flat ironing every two weeks will be too much heat to even be worth it. I only started wearing my hair curly since this around May of this year. Before that I was a flat iron queen! Heck, I guess even stretching it out with blow drying on light heat before bunning would work too. I just really want to see some growth retention in the spring! This is just an idea I tossed around today..Lemme know what you ladies think about it please.

mokacoffey

Back to top Go down

Winter+Flat Iron+Buns=Length Retention? Empty Re: Winter+Flat Iron+Buns=Length Retention?

Post by FalconTress 11th December 2010, 9:44 pm

Well, I'm thinking about flat ironing my hair this winter and keeping it in buns as a protective style. My hair is at the awkward length of right on and a little past my shoulders.

Hey Mokacoffey!
It sounds like you have enough length that you could skip the flat iron. Also, have you solved your breakage problem? Would bunning further stress that area? Be careful, you don't want a setback.

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Winter+Flat Iron+Buns=Length Retention? Empty Re: Winter+Flat Iron+Buns=Length Retention?

Post by mokacoffey 11th December 2010, 10:02 pm

Hey Falcon! I have been carefully watching the breakage area in my crown. It does not seem to be breaking any more & I think it's growing in nicely. I have enuf length to bun now, I just would be making it easier on myself if it were flat ironed is all. I have worn a bun 3 days this week and am making sure to not make the ponytail holder too tight and position it lower than the weak, breakage area. I feel like that bunning is the way to go for my protective style. I don't like the way they look on me though. I have an oval face and high cheekbones so to me it looks funny all pulled back. Alien head alert! I guess I can sacrifice looks for healthy hair....

mokacoffey

Back to top Go down

Post by mokacoffey 11th December 2010, 10:05 pm

Oh- also I honestly think the breakage was maybe caused by my shampooing everyday this past summer. I didn't know about co washing and that washing my hair w/ harsh poos was a really bad idea:-( thank god for learning!

mokacoffey

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconTress 11th December 2010, 11:02 pm

I just would be making it easier on myself if it were flat ironed is all.

Have you tried using a scarf to smooth our hair?

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by mokacoffey 12th December 2010, 12:37 am

Um...No i havent tried a scarf..How would i use a scarf to smooth my hair down?

mokacoffey

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 12th December 2010, 1:42 am

Here's a video on wet bunning....