CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

crochet braids, yarn braids, dread extensions, etc.

+6
naturallyme09
preciouslady
mizcreativelyme
Ebbz
LadyMika
PanaR3dd
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

crochet braids, yarn braids, dread extensions, etc. - Page 2 Empty Re: crochet braids, yarn braids, dread extensions, etc.

Post by PanaR3dd 27th December 2010, 2:02 pm

Ambitious_Tiff wrote:Glad I found this thread. PanaR3dd how long did it take you to do your crochet braids? They look cute! I watch a tutorial for them on YT but I didn't like how HUGE the girls hair ended up being. Any tips for making it a managable size, lol?

I was actually considering yarn braids too, and have off black/1B colored hair too. It never even crossed my mind that the yarn wouldn't match. Shocked Thanx for sharing the brand you used, Preciouslady!

I gotta come a to decision quick, I really need to get myself a protective style going...

thanks...my first time doing them it took about 3hrs but now im down to about 2 1/2 hrs it get easier the more you do it ..or atleast thats how its been for me..plus my time was cut down a little because i used a diff braiding pattern..Yup i would just minimize the amount i put on the sides & in the back because its going to be covered anyway..
PanaR3dd
PanaR3dd

Back to top Go down

crochet braids, yarn braids, dread extensions, etc. - Page 2 Empty Re: crochet braids, yarn braids, dread extensions, etc.

Post by CiaE 4th January 2011, 1:52 pm

PanaR3dd wrote:
Ambitious_Tiff wrote:Glad I found this thread. PanaR3dd how long did it take you to do your crochet braids? They look cute! I watch a tutorial for them on YT but I didn't like how HUGE the girls hair ended up being. Any tips for making it a managable size, lol?

I was actually considering yarn braids too, and have off black/1B colored hair too. It never even crossed my mind that the yarn wouldn't match. Shocked Thanx for sharing the brand you used, Preciouslady!

I gotta come a to decision quick, I really need to get myself a protective style going...

thanks...my first time doing them it took about 3hrs but now im down to about 2 1/2 hrs it get easier the more you do it ..or atleast thats how its been for me..plus my time was cut down a little because i used a diff braiding pattern..Yup i would just minimize the amount i put on the sides & in the back because its going to be covered anyway..

Yay i found this post!! I have don yarn before and i always love trying new style so i wanted to try crocheting. Do u mind explaining the technique or the new braid pattern? I watched the YT vid and people did them straight back. I too dont wanna have huge hair like that so i didnt really understand the whole stiching the outside thing first if the cornrows are straight back =/

Id that the style u have in ur avatar pic? if so it is way too cute =)
CiaE
CiaE

http://napskinkslove.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4th January 2011, 3:38 pm

when u do yarn braids, how the heck do u get the back and grip it as tight as the sides and the top....my arms and hands get sore while trying to braid and reach like that~
confused

Back to top Go down

Post by CiaE 4th January 2011, 11:31 pm

strawberri_slushee wrote:when u do yarn braids, how the heck do u get the back and grip it as tight as the sides and the top....my arms and hands get sore while trying to braid and reach like that~
confused
I actually grip better in my back for some reason.... i guess u just have to do mind over matter and pretend u are doing the sides... it sounds crazy but it works lol
CiaE
CiaE

Back to top Go down

Post by PanaR3dd 5th January 2011, 7:49 pm

CiaE wrote:
PanaR3dd wrote:

Yay i found this post!! I have don yarn before and i always love trying new style so i wanted to try crocheting. Do u mind explaining the technique or the new braid pattern? I watched the YT vid and people did them straight back. I too dont wanna have huge hair like that so i didnt really understand the whole stiching the outside thing first if the cornrows are straight back =/

thanks..yeah most people do the straight back braids and they do about 12 to 16 braids..personally i dont have the patience to put all those cornrows in my head..in my avi pic my hair is braided straight back but i only have about 9 cornrows in my head..but now i use the same braid pattern i use for my sew ins..i just braid 2 braids around my head like im goin to do the beehive then i do the rest straight back..that braid pattern works for me because i like to wear my crochets pinned up sometimes..you just have to find what works for you & stick to it..
PanaR3dd
PanaR3dd

Back to top Go down

Post by CiaE 6th January 2011, 12:10 am

PanaR3dd wrote:
CiaE wrote:
PanaR3dd wrote:

thanks..yeah most people do the straight back braids and they do about 12 to 16 braids..personally i dont have the patience to put all those cornrows in my head..in my avi pic my hair is braided straight back but i only have about 9 cornrows in my head..but now i use the same braid pattern i use for my sew ins..i just braid 2 braids around my head like im goin to do the beehive then i do the rest straight back..that braid pattern works for me because i like to wear my crochets pinned up sometimes..you just have to find what works for you & stick to it..

I understand and agree completely! We always have to find things that work best for us. Do you find it difficult to where your hair in a side part or side style when you do the two braids around?
CiaE
CiaE

Back to top Go down

Post by preciouslady 6th January 2011, 12:54 am

strawberri_slushee wrote:when u do yarn braids, how the heck do u get the back and grip it as tight as the sides and the top....my arms and hands get sore while trying to braid and reach like that~
confused

I had a hard time with the back as well. I had to start over on a few braids because they were too loose. Not that I wanted them really tight but I sure didn't want them hanging loose either. I know exactly what you mean.
preciouslady
preciouslady

Back to top Go down

Post by mahoganytresses 6th January 2011, 11:59 am

Anyone tried crochet braids with regular ole kanekalon (sp?) I found this video on yt and although I'm not fond about how it looks straight, I love how this hair looks after she did the straw set on it. Might be my next protective style.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CX65rkgC6MQ
mahoganytresses
mahoganytresses

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6th January 2011, 3:42 pm

@ preciouslady
yea it is difficult; i want to do something for my hair b/c i know the growth will be more than what it is now, but i don't have the patience when it comes to doing it b/c trying to complete the back is another story No

Back to top Go down

Post by CiaE 7th January 2011, 2:37 am

mahoganytresses wrote:Anyone tried crochet braids with regular ole kanekalon (sp?) I found this video on yt and although I'm not fond about how it looks straight, I love how this hair looks after she did the straw set on it. Might be my next protective style.

I watched it...but is that really crochet braids or just reallly micro braids?
CiaE
CiaE

Back to top Go down

Post by mahoganytresses 7th January 2011, 12:02 pm

CiaE wrote:
mahoganytresses wrote:Anyone tried crochet braids with regular ole kanekalon (sp?) I found this video on yt and although I'm not fond about how it looks straight, I love how this hair looks after she did the straw set on it. Might be my next protective style.

They are crochet braids. try looking at this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVPyzOQH52I&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

mahoganytresses
mahoganytresses

Back to top Go down

Post by CiaE 7th January 2011, 4:30 pm

mahoganytresses wrote:
CiaE wrote:

They are crochet braids. try looking at this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVPyzOQH52I&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Yes i saw it after lol she it looks so good. i cant wait till i try
CiaE
CiaE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2