CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transitioning Hair Styles

4 posters

Go down

Transitioning Hair Styles Empty Transitioning Hair Styles

Post by KDDN 26th November 2010, 10:57 pm

Are regular rollersets ok for transitioning? And if so are they considered protective styles through the winter months?

I also need other ideas for transitioning that are protective styles...PLEASE and THANKS!

KDDN

Back to top Go down

Transitioning Hair Styles Empty Re: Transitioning Hair Styles

Post by purplec18 26th November 2010, 11:56 pm

You can bun your hair I dont think rollers sets are protective styles because your hair ends are still exposed I think that protected styles are when your hair is covered and protected in twists, braids, etc. You could braid your own hair or twist it up or you can add in extension. HTH Smile
purplec18
purplec18

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug83 27th November 2010, 4:29 pm

I agree with Purplec18. Roller sets are low manipulation styles, but not necessarily protective styles. However, there are plenty of protective styles to try. It all depends on your preference. Personally, I'm a fan of buns. However, you can try braids, flat twists, two strand twist, wigs, half wigs, weaves, a phony pony,....(get the point Wink ) My other suggestions would be to go on you tube and do a search for protective styles.

Ladybug83

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturallyMissC 28th November 2010, 7:36 pm

Hi ladies!

I have recently decided to go au natural! Smile I chopped my hair off in May into a Rihanna-like style and have been growing it out (relaxed). i have been wearing weaves as well. My last relaxer was 2 months ago and I don't necessarily want to do the "big chop"/wear it short. Have any of you heard of Bohemian Bohyme hair? I heard it's a great option for the "natural" look. Anything you know about it (besides it being human hair and expensive lol) or have tried it, please chime in, thanks!

NaturallyMissC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down