CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Professional hair styles while transitioning

4 posters

Go down

Professional hair styles while transitioning Empty Professional hair styles while transitioning

Post by tandypink 20th June 2010, 7:06 pm

First and foremost....I have been transitioning for over 4 months now. I just took out my Senegalese twists which I have had for about three months. When I took my twists out, my hair broke so bad that I have decided never to do the twists anymore. Is there something I could have done to avoid the breakage from the twists? Secondly, I am in the market for a new job and have a couple of interviews coming up soon, are there any transitioning hair styles out there that anybody can suggest please? I want the companies to take me seriously and not just think of me as a typical College Graduate since all the positions are entry level ones.
tandypink
tandypink

Back to top Go down

Professional hair styles while transitioning Empty Re: Professional hair styles while transitioning

Post by vovowiththafro 20th June 2010, 8:46 pm

Buns and rollersets in my opinion are very appropriate in a professional setting. I don't know about breakage while in twists. Breakage is inevitable when transitioning and you must remember to keep your hair moisturized.
vovowiththafro
vovowiththafro

Back to top Go down

Professional hair styles while transitioning Empty Re: Professional hair styles while transitioning

Post by tandypink 20th June 2010, 9:04 pm

I just got some oils to keep my hair moisturized. Thank you, I will definitely give the rollerset a try and see.
tandypink
tandypink

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 23rd June 2010, 2:59 pm

You definitely want to keep you hair well moisturized while managing two different textures to minimize breakage. I agree that twists styled in a sophisticated way can be very appealing. Definitely try rollersets or bantu knotouts. You can even do something simple as a french braid.

If you consider any other monthly style such as weaves or braids, make sure your stylist isn't braiding tightly and be sure to cleanse and moisturize your hair and scalp while rocking these protective styles. I alway did a PT AND DC after each weave install and before the next.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by tandypink 26th June 2010, 11:55 am

Thank you!
tandypink
tandypink

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 26th June 2010, 4:54 pm

Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down