CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transitioning ladies...how do you get your styles to last?

+2
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
MrsJones
6 posters

Go down

Transitioning ladies...how do you get your styles to last? Empty Transitioning ladies...how do you get your styles to last?

Post by MrsJones 15th January 2011, 3:24 pm

Ok, of course I do all the transitioning styles (twist outs, braid outs rollersets etc), but I am never really able to make the style last longer than a day or two. Any suggestions?
MrsJones
MrsJones

Back to top Go down

Transitioning ladies...how do you get your styles to last? Empty Re: Transitioning ladies...how do you get your styles to last?

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 15th January 2011, 3:40 pm

I retwist my TO's and flat TO into bigger twists, throw on my bonnet and go to sleep. That gives 3-4 days on a hairstyle HTH
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

Transitioning ladies...how do you get your styles to last? Empty Re: Transitioning ladies...how do you get your styles to last?

Post by PrincessRN 15th January 2011, 3:43 pm

When I was transitioning, I was NEVER able to get 2nd day hair from my braidouts ot twistouts. I always had to re-braid every night to preserve the style.
PrincessRN
PrincessRN

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsJones 15th January 2011, 3:47 pm

Ok ya'll thanks, I will have to do it that way then.
MrsJones
MrsJones

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 15th January 2011, 5:11 pm

i only wear my hair in cornrows under wigs or ponytails my ends look so see through that when i do a twist or braid out i look like a crazy person lol smh it will change by april i hope i won't cut it until my natural hair can gather in a high bun at least lol so consider yourself lucky you can rock a braid out at all lol
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautifully_Me 15th January 2011, 5:41 pm

Lol @ creolebeauty1 ...I can never get mine to last past day 2 either..I'm on my second day of my twist out and I WILL NOT even attempt to rock this tomorrow lol..Gotta try different techniques
Beautifully_Me
Beautifully_Me

http://idontgetit28.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 15th January 2011, 6:16 pm

I tried to do some box braids the other day as a protective style and my hair look funny i had to wear a beanie smh
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakeisha 15th January 2011, 11:24 pm

The only way I was able to get my TO's to last more than a day is to use KCCC while my hair was wet. It made my hair very crunchy. I would still retwist my hair in the front around my hairline so it could stay fresh.
Lakeisha
Lakeisha

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down