CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need help preserving flat ironed hair

+6
Lynnieluve
Curly Film Chick
Emartini04
PrincessRN
LittleOne
SoFlyy
10 posters

Go down

Need help preserving flat ironed hair Empty Need help preserving flat ironed hair

Post by SoFlyy 26th November 2010, 4:12 pm

I finally gave in a flat ironed my hair. It took my friend about six hours because my hair is incredibly thick. I had no idea it would be this long. I have major shrinkage. I love my hair and so does everyone else. It's big which I have no problem with, but I just don't know how to preserve it. I tried to wrap it but it was a big frizzy mess in the morning and I had to go over it again. I don't want to keep doing this and get heat damage. Anyone has any suggestions and here is a pic
[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]
SoFlyy
SoFlyy

Back to top Go down

Need help preserving flat ironed hair Empty Re: Need help preserving flat ironed hair

Post by LittleOne 27th November 2010, 3:54 pm

Looks good SoFlyy!

Try this: Bobby pin the sides down..so pin the right down to the right, pin the left down to the left. Smooth it down like you do when you wrap it. In the back, you will have two sections like 2 low ponytails. Criss cross them and pin them down. That way all of your hair is laying down in the direction you want it to stay.

I hope that helps. It may be difficult because of your layers. The only way to make sure you wake up with it perfectly smooth is to put in rollers and sleep on them. Sad
LittleOne
LittleOne

Back to top Go down

Need help preserving flat ironed hair Empty Re: Need help preserving flat ironed hair

Post by SoFlyy 27th November 2010, 5:42 pm

oh that makes sense thanks a lot
SoFlyy
SoFlyy

Back to top Go down

Post by PrincessRN 27th November 2010, 7:23 pm

SoFlyy your hair looks lovely!!!!! When I flatiron, I preserve my curls by putting them in pincurls at night.
PrincessRN
PrincessRN

Back to top Go down

Post by Emartini04 27th November 2010, 8:57 pm

I know you said your hair is a big puffy mess when you awake from a wrap but are you putting any products in your hair before hand? When I was a teenager I used to just blow out my hair - no relaxer at the time and I used a product called Razac Perfect for Perms and then wrapped my hair at night with a satin scarf. Its a very good moisturizing product and you don't need a relaxer to use it.
Emartini04
Emartini04

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly Film Chick 28th November 2010, 10:57 pm

I was rocking flat ironed hair last week and what helped me was pin curls. I have a LOT of hair and its in layers AND can't wrap to save me life.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Curly Film Chick
Curly Film Chick

http://www.quirkycurlyfilmchick.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 28th November 2010, 10:59 pm

Thanks for posting that Curly Film Chick. I plan to flat iron my hair if the weather ever cooperates.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly Film Chick 28th November 2010, 11:02 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:Thanks for posting that Curly Film Chick. I plan to flat iron my hair if the weather ever cooperates.

no problem Very Happy good luck with it!
Curly Film Chick
Curly Film Chick

http://www.quirkycurlyfilmchick.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SoFlyy 29th November 2010, 1:05 am

thanks a lot. i think im going to try it tonight
SoFlyy
SoFlyy

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 29th November 2010, 2:48 pm

Hey, soflyy. First off, your hair is gorgeous. I recently flat ironed my hair and it was a horrible mess!!!!! My ends were dying for a trim. So I trimmed and put it in a bud because I didn't want to try to bump the ends again. Did you notice a need for a trim when you flat ironed?
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by SoFlyy 29th November 2010, 7:29 pm

Thanks a lot. Yeah I trimmed a little but need to do a little more. I think that's why my hair doesn't wrap well n why it's so puffy. I did pin curls but my hair was puffier than ever so i pinned the front n side and left the back wild. I will master it one day Sad
SoFlyy
SoFlyy

Back to top Go down

Post by dyamonds10 1st December 2010, 8:23 pm

a little bit of evco and pin curl at night should help....sabino lok n blok also helps...BIG TIME for me...HTH!
dyamonds10
dyamonds10

http://www.simplylove-leigh.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Neems 13th December 2010, 4:39 pm

Pin Curls really help to preserve the hairstyle. I"m going to lightly run the flat iron through my hair tonight and try pin curls again. A light layer of oil on the ends helps to seal and prevent the frizzies.
Neems
Neems

http://neemsnthings.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleOne 13th December 2010, 5:32 pm

SoFlyy: I wonder how you're doing? FYI - pin curls work well if you get your hair very straight. It's a trade off. Stick straight hair (like Curly Film Chick's beautiful job) is easier to maintain than when you leave a lot of curl and volume like you did.

I know it's a little scary to take your hair all the way straight if that's not what you usually do. Make sure you use a heat protectant. You'll find the balance that works best for you.
LittleOne
LittleOne

Back to top Go down

Post by Tmochava 15th December 2010, 12:54 pm

@SoFlyy...your hair is too cute.

I'm getting my hair flat ironed next week. I tried it myself and it was nothing short of a disaster. Hopefully it will come out much better when the salon does it and good enough to pincurl it at night.
Tmochava
Tmochava

Back to top Go down

Post by SoFlyy 15th December 2010, 3:11 pm

I have to find someone that I trust to straighten it. I see my hair reverted back. I was scared so next time I will get it straight n then try pin curls. thx!
SoFlyy
SoFlyy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down