CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Avocado???

5 posters

Go down

Avocado??? Empty Avocado???

Post by rayray19 23rd November 2010, 4:13 pm

so i was on youtube last night and happen to come across a video with natural deep conditioning with an avocado..she cut it in half, scooped the ripe fruit out, and mixed it with oils and conditioner and mayo...her results were amazing..

so have any of you ladies deep conditioned with an avocado before?? whats your recipe?? what are the benefits of the avocado treatment???
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Avocado??? Empty Re: Avocado???

Post by Fleur 23rd November 2010, 4:29 pm

Hi RayRay! My natural buddy in Seattle uses a mixture of avocado, tbsp of yogurt, 1 egg yolk, and a tbsp of olive oil to make her conditioner and the results are fantastic! I haven't tried it yet, but I do eat them and use it as a sunscreen sometimes. It has natural oils and because it's monosaturated, it penetrates the skin more than most other oils. Avocado is used in a lot of cosmetics, hair products, and creams because of its soothing and oiling properties.

Last edited by fleur_nouvelle on 23rd November 2010, 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added info)
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconTress 23rd November 2010, 5:19 pm

Here's the link to a product just in case you want something off the shelf. I use it & love it.

http://www.burtsbees.com/natural-products/hair-treatments/avocado-butter-pre-shampoo-hair-treatment.html

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by newcurlieque 23rd November 2010, 5:41 pm

I've used avocado before in my deep condish.

1/2 avocado
cheapie condish
oil of choice
honey

I didn't measure just dumped it all in. I got soft soft soft hair, loved it. My hubby even used it and said he felt a difference in his hair lol.
newcurlieque
newcurlieque

Back to top Go down

Post by EMarie 23rd November 2010, 6:40 pm

I have used avocado before but I just dont get the same results as I do with a store bought conditioner....I can tell you I bought some avocado butter and it came yesterday...I think Im in LOVE!!
EMarie
EMarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down