CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help w/Avocado !

+3
Skluffy101
tiffytaffey
curly+kinky+fierce
7 posters

Go down

Help w/Avocado ! Empty Help w/Avocado !

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 17th March 2010, 4:37 pm

Hi!

Ok so I love avocado deep conditionerS! i love the way it makes my hair feel and all that jazz..BUT the problem is that I have such a hard time making it a mix! And then when it goes into my hair Im left with crumbs of avocado all over that I have to pick out! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I add oils and have even tried to add mayonaise to mix it but it never works out just right...what am I doing wrong??

If someone can offer any suggestions I would be grateful [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Help w/Avocado ! Empty Re: Help w/Avocado !

Post by tiffytaffey 17th March 2010, 5:43 pm

curly+kinky+fierce wrote:Hi!

Ok so I love avocado deep conditionerS! i love the way it makes my hair feel and all that jazz..BUT the problem is that I have such a hard time making it a mix! And then when it goes into my hair Im left with crumbs of avocado all over that I have to pick out! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I add oils and have even tried to add mayonaise to mix it but it never works out just right...what am I doing wrong??

If someone can offer any suggestions I would be grateful [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It sounds like the avocado is not ripe enough........I love to eat avocados when they are ripe and they are really really soft. If you are buying them and they are hard wait a few days and they should get softer.
tiffytaffey
tiffytaffey

Back to top Go down

Post by Skluffy101 17th March 2010, 5:57 pm

I know this works for bananas but you can put the avocados in a paper bag and wait a few hours or a day. It will ripen faster. lol idk why, but i know when we put bananas in a bag and we forget about them the next day they are already brown!
Skluffy101
Skluffy101

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 17th March 2010, 6:21 pm

tiffytaffey wrote:

It sounds like the avocado is not ripe enough........I love to eat avocados when they are ripe and they are really really soft. If you are buying them and they are hard wait a few days and they should get softer.

Now i think u are dead on witht this one..the last avocado I had was wayyy to hard...how can I tell if they are ripe? just from the touch?

Skluffy101 wrote:I know this works for bananas but you can put the avocados in a paper bag and wait a few hours or a day. It will ripen faster. lol idk why, but i know when we put bananas in a bag and we forget about them the next day they are already brown!

Yes! I heard that works too! im going to def give this a try!
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy2B 17th March 2010, 9:46 pm

curly+kinky+fierce wrote:
tiffytaffey wrote:

Now i think u are dead on witht this one..the last avocado I had was wayyy to hard...how can I tell if they are ripe? just from the touch?

Skluffy101 wrote:I know this works for bananas but you can put the avocados in a paper bag and wait a few hours or a day. It will ripen faster. lol idk why, but i know when we put bananas in a bag and we forget about them the next day they are already brown!

Yes! I heard that works too! im going to def give this a try!

If the skin on the avocado is a light green, it is not ripe. Wait until it is a dark green, almost black.
I made this deep conditioner for the first time last weekend, it really does work.
Happy2B
Happy2B

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 18th March 2010, 8:37 am

I always thought you all meant avocado oil not a real avocado. Now I am interested to know how to use it as a deep conditioner. What is the ingredient or recipe for that. I will love to try that!!
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy2B 18th March 2010, 11:30 am

ktoliver5303 wrote:I always thought you all meant avocado oil not a real avocado. Now I am interested to know how to use it as a deep conditioner. What is the ingredient or recipe for that. I will love to try that!!

I got the recipe from a fellow curly, Savvybrown. Here is a link to her website where you can find the recipe....http://savvybrown.com/hair/hair-guacamole/
Happy2B
Happy2B

Back to top Go down

Post by MzLaLaRochelle 18th March 2010, 12:13 pm

@Curly+Kinky+Fierce You will know if an avocado is ripe by firmly squeezing it in the palm of your hand. If your fingers sink in a little..it is ripe..if it sinks in A LOT it is over ripe & could possibly be rotten inside..it it doesn't sink in at all..it is not ripe & you shouldn't buy it or if you've already bought it, wait until your fingers do sink into it a bit.
MzLaLaRochelle
MzLaLaRochelle

http://public.fotki.com/MzLaLaRochelle/

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 18th March 2010, 1:02 pm

@Happy2B - How did you get your hair like that in your avatar. I try to get my hair to look like that but when I do a fro with out a head band or anything It is just that a picked out fro.. Do tell..

@MzLaLaRochelle - WWOOWWW that avatar pic is AMAZING!!
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by MzLaLaRochelle 18th March 2010, 2:56 pm

Thanks!! @ktoliver ..BUT don't get too excited..haha..it's a half wig! The part BEFORE the headband is my hair and the rest is a wig Smile
MzLaLaRochelle
MzLaLaRochelle

http://public.fotki.com/MzLaLaRochelle/

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy2B 18th March 2010, 5:45 pm

@Ktoliver - my avatar is a result of a two day old dry twist out that I pinned up on one side.
Happy2B
Happy2B

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 18th March 2010, 7:52 pm

ktoliver5303 wrote:I always thought you all meant avocado oil not a real avocado. Now I am interested to know how to use it as a deep conditioner. What is the ingredient or recipe for that. I will love to try that!!

My ingredients consist of mayo and olive oil (or some other type of oil) .....

Happy2B wrote:

I got the recipe from a fellow curly, Savvybrown. Here is a link to her website where you can find the recipe....http://savvybrown.com/hair/hair-guacamole/

thanks lady!

MzLaLaRochelle wrote:@Curly+Kinky+Fierce You will know if an avocado is ripe by firmly squeezing it in the palm of your hand. If your fingers sink in a little..it is ripe..if it sinks in A LOT it is over ripe & could possibly be rotten inside..it it doesn't sink in at all..it is not ripe & you shouldn't buy it or if you've already bought it, wait until your fingers do sink into it a bit.

Thanks mama....i love that fiya avatar lady! gone head girl!
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Help w/Avocado ! Empty avocado help

Post by Ms.Magnolia 18th March 2010, 8:33 pm

Hello, I think everyone has answered all of the avocado questions but here goes:

Ripe=Soft to the touch, but not mushy, look out for craters/indents, that could be overripe/going bad. Very very dark, almost black in color.

Method= I find the easiest way to ensure super easy rinsing (I've never had a chunk issue) is to blend / puree into a smooth paste. I have a mini chopper/food processor that make it very easy.

Recipe= I keep it simple- 1 avocado, some honey squirts, current conditioner of choice. I mix it all so it has the consistency of a medium-thick conditioner. I apply( like henna or relaxer cream), cover, leave it on for desired amount of time and rinse. Easy Peasy!
I hope this helps!!!
Ms.Magnolia
Ms.Magnolia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down