CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I posted this in Curly teens, but I just want to make sure I get more opinions. I hope that isn't against the rules. My sincerest apologies if it is.

4 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

I posted this in Curly teens, but I just want to make sure I get more opinions. I hope that isn't against the rules. My sincerest apologies if it is. - Page 2 Empty Re: I posted this in Curly teens, but I just want to make sure I get more opinions. I hope that isn't against the rules. My sincerest apologies if it is.

Post by EbonyQueen 1st November 2010, 2:05 pm

i have no clue what my hair type is; maybe 4b/4c...i guess time will tell, right?
EbonyQueen
EbonyQueen

https://www.facebook.com/ImperialDiamond

Back to top Go down

I posted this in Curly teens, but I just want to make sure I get more opinions. I hope that isn't against the rules. My sincerest apologies if it is. - Page 2 Empty Re: I posted this in Curly teens, but I just want to make sure I get more opinions. I hope that isn't against the rules. My sincerest apologies if it is.

Post by naturallychelsea 1st November 2010, 2:25 pm

Well wet your hair and observe it. Is it undefined (4B), does it make spirals or coils (4a), or is it wavey (3c). Also, it is important to note that many naturals have a combination of hair types.
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by EbonyQueen 1st November 2010, 8:15 pm

i think i might have a combination. some parts of my hair were very easy to comb through. other parts....well...yeah lol. i think i might be 4b. we'll see after i take down my braids in about 3 weeks Very Happy
EbonyQueen
EbonyQueen

Back to top Go down

Post by EbonyQueen 15th November 2010, 1:52 am

definitely 4a/4b according to the scale you gave me. check out my post called "have you tried this curl enhancer" to see my first twistout Very Happy
EbonyQueen
EbonyQueen

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 15th November 2010, 9:15 am

Oh before I do I just wanted to say that your bravery and awesome results have made me take the plunge. I did the BC!!! Very Happy
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by EbonyQueen 15th November 2010, 3:25 pm

OOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I SEE UR PIC TOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M SOOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!

GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!
EbonyQueen
EbonyQueen

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 15th November 2010, 6:24 pm

thnx how's the hair?
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by EbonyQueen 16th November 2010, 1:29 am

its good. i cant wait for it to grow longer. i'm still thinking for a name for her lmao. maybe Betty? hows yours?
EbonyQueen
EbonyQueen

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 16th November 2010, 1:32 am

It's in cornrows that I did yahh me!! with twists in the back. Want to c how long it can go before I have to restyle it.
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by EbonyQueen 16th November 2010, 11:22 am

i think i'm going to restyle my hair often. today is wearing my hair out in front of lots of people. i'm nervous, but i have to realize i did my bc for me, not for them. i'm happy that i did my bc, and it doesn't matter what they think. i love myself afro
EbonyQueen
EbonyQueen

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 16th November 2010, 6:03 pm

Tell me bout it. When I twisted my hair I had to chant in my head my hair is beautiful to get me out of the house because my twists were so short. This is the shortest my hair has ever been. But you go gurl. Work what the lord gave you!!
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by EbonyQueen 16th November 2010, 7:22 pm

Amen, sista! Nearly all of my melanin challenged liked my hair. they said it fitted my personality. it does. i love my hair! my hair has never been this short either, but it doesnt feel any different. 6 years ago (before relaxer), i was able to shake my hair and feel it on my neck and shoulders. over the past several years, that feeling was seldom. i dont really miss it; but i still want my natural hair to grow to extreme lengths because it's me: God created and lovely. queen
EbonyQueen
EbonyQueen

Back to top Go down

Post by EbonyQueen 18th November 2010, 1:22 pm

*melanin challenged friends*
EbonyQueen
EbonyQueen

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 18th November 2010, 6:59 pm

Lmao gurl. What styles are you rockin now? Have you done any protective styles? Jut checking in on my lil sis Very Happy
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by EbonyQueen 18th November 2010, 8:50 pm

I've been wearing a fro for the past few days. kccc has allowed be to out so curls in the fro. tonight will be a wash night. while my hair is still wet, I'm going to twist the front of my hair half way back. Then, I will the back of my hair is sections. Depending on how ambitious I am, I will attempt bantu knots. My styling gel will be kccc. I love that stuff soooooo much lol. How are you wearing your hair?
EbonyQueen
EbonyQueen

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 19th November 2010, 5:27 pm

My hair has cornrows in the front done by me yahh!! and twists in the back to protect it for winter. It's bitterly cold up here. It's boring I know. Its great that you have had such success with your hair. Keep it up!!
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by EbonyQueen 19th November 2010, 5:33 pm

your hair sounds tooooo cute! i'll try that next. it's getting cold down here as well. it was a high of 42F. Sad good think i wasn't outside for long lol.

i will i will!!!

what do use to style your hair?
EbonyQueen
EbonyQueen

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 19th November 2010, 5:40 pm

I'm using KBB hair nectar as a leave in and KBB hair butter to twist it.
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by EbonyQueen 20th November 2010, 12:44 am

omg i want those products soooooo bad Very Happy
EbonyQueen
EbonyQueen

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 2nd December 2010, 11:21 pm

I would love to create a blog just for us curly teens to deal with the day to day problems we face. I'd love your help. What would you like to see featured on the site
Also, you could write a post on one or two of the topics:

1~inspirational hair stories (including pictures of course)

2~how you dealt with negative comments from parents, peers etc

3~how to videos or pictorials on styling or methods etc

4~Ask a fellow curly questions ask questions you would like to be addressed by me or other curlies

5~curly debates: posts about hot topics which are relevant to the younger generation, natural hair or african americans to make us aware and to allow us to discuss.

6~how to be a budget curly

7~anything else you deem relevant for this site

8~I BCd/transitioned
-how long have you been natural?
-why did you go natural or why are you transitioning?
-did you big chop/ transition? Why? How was your experience?
if BCd:
-how did you maintain moisture?
-how did you style your hair after?
if transitioned: how did you handle your fragile hair?
what were your staple styles?
how did you maintain moisture especially at the demarcation line?

-what is your current regimen?
-what are your hair goals and how do you plan to meet them?
-have you been met with adversity and how did you face it?

email: mizz_cf@hotmail.com

You don't have to if you do not want to but I'll still be checking my emails lol Very Happy
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by EbonyQueen 9th December 2010, 12:03 am

i cant think of anything else to add to ur 1-8. i think u got it completely covered. i would be honored to help you. since i'm waiting until christmas to get all of my hair gifts, i won't be able to help as much with some parts of 8.

however, maybe we can expand it to make-up as well. maybe even dieting. obesity is a problem with american teens, particularly minorities. accessories would be a good addition as well afro
EbonyQueen
EbonyQueen

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 9th December 2010, 12:12 am

That would be awesome. I'd love to make the sight a platform for young women to air their views, ideas etc so really anything goes. As I get I will post. I'm hoping to have the sight up and running by Christmas so I have a heap load of posts to right and a lot of customising to do.
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by EbonyQueen 9th December 2010, 1:21 pm

what site are you using to build your blog? what type of articles do you want me to find?
EbonyQueen
EbonyQueen

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 9th December 2010, 3:47 pm

I'm using blogger as reviews said it was the easiest to use. As for articles it might be difficult for me to get permission to use other peoples' articles. I just wanted to know if you would like to write a post about anything really that will appeal to young women. Have fun with it and remember to send a few pics.
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by EbonyQueen 10th December 2010, 1:29 pm

sounds good. also, maybe we can post natural hair salons depending on city, state/province
EbonyQueen
EbonyQueen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next