CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Healthy hair from within

+12
Mz. CiCi
yacoomba
misskris
QueenSheba
cluelesscurl
Afronique
Free2BMe :)
Curlock Holmes
foxfro
greenyourdecor
Fleur
naturallynola
16 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Healthy hair from within - Page 7 Empty Re: Healthy hair from within

Post by misskris 6th January 2011, 2:53 pm

That's great Butterfly!!! woot!

I have been doing well as well. I have already lost 7 lbs!!!! YIPPY!!! I know some is water weight but weight is weight!!! LOL
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 6th January 2011, 2:55 pm

Oh and I am eating my Gardenburger Black Bean Chipotle burger as I Type this....topped with 1/4 avocado, reduced fat string cheese, a drop of salsa and lettuce on sandwich thin!!! YUMMY!!!! I could eat these all day!!! I love em!!! Razz With an orange cup and one mini dark choc bar from Trader Joes... YUM again!!
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 6th January 2011, 3:16 pm

Yum, Yum, Yum...I want some of that right now! And you are right, weight is weight. I can't wait to get on the scale Saturday bounce.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 6th January 2011, 3:26 pm

For the weight loss challenge? I think we're posting weight loss on Sundays. I weigh myself everyday. I HAVE to. It's kinda an obsession (when I am trying to lose weight) it keeps my going and on track. Some people say not to but others say everyday weight checks are exactly what you need to stay on target. I know I do.
Girl those Gardenburgers are so good. We went vegetarian for a few months so we were eating quite a few of those. Not veggie anymore but I just love those and Boca Burger has great patties too, like the hamburgers and chik'n patties. MMM MM!!! pig lol
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturallyStacie 7th January 2011, 3:35 pm

Wow, you girls are doing great. I haven't started yet because my church is having a 21 day church wide fast from Jan. 10th-Jan 30th and I don't want to mix in my weight loss goals with my fasting. I'll start Jan. 31st.

NaturallyStacie

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 7th January 2011, 3:42 pm

@misskris - I will be reporting my weight for the challenge on Sundays, but I go to WW meetings and weigh-in on Saturdays. I only weight myself once a week because as women our weight can fluctuate from day to day, and I would just DIE if I saw a gain one day after a loss...lol. But I say we must do whatever works.

@NaturallyStacie - That's a good idea. We'll still be at it! run
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 10th January 2011, 1:49 am

Ladies, just dropping in to see how everyone is doing and to spread a little info. Vitamin C is important for healthy hair and we can all use a little extra during the winter months for immunity purposes So, you might consider drinking hibiscus tea and/or eating amla fruit. Some may live in an area with a large international farmers market or Indian stores that carry the amla fruit.

Stay blessed ladies!

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 10th January 2011, 12:01 pm

Hey naturallynola.....don't know of anywhere here where they'd sell amla fruit. Not sure I'd wanna try it!! LOL If I saw some somewhere and they would let me sample it maybe but....I'll stick to my grapefruits and oranges!!! LOL

I have been doing ok since the new year with the healthy hair from within. I was already taking my vitamins daily (Women's Multi, B-Complex and Fish oil) I have lost almost 7 lbs since as well!! YAY!!! I do need to up my water though and get in more veggies, not my favorite food, i like veggies, just don't love em! But So far so good. Hope you all are warm. We have been snowed in ---IN ATLANTA!!!! LOL
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 10th January 2011, 2:03 pm

WOW, Misskris! Now, that's snow!! I'm doing well on the challenge also. I'm drinking lots of water, taking my vitamins and biotin, eating more fruits and veggies than ever (I happen to LOVE them), and getting daily activity. So far, so good!
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 10th January 2011, 3:00 pm

That's awesome Butterfly!!! Keep it up!!! Very Happy
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 11th January 2011, 10:53 pm

Wow! Misskris, you are in a winter wonderland. I know ATL is probably on lockdown--LOL. I remember living there and a tad bit of snow and people didn't know what to do.

Butterfly - Out of curiosity, what dose of Biotin are you taking and are you experiencing any acne? I have been researching as I am considering Biotin, but it usually takes me some time to do anything b/c I have to research everything for a while. I have determined though, I am not likely to consume enough foods to provide me with a hefty dose of Biotin.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 12th January 2011, 12:48 am

Thanks, Misskris!

Naturallynola, I take 5,000 mcg biotin, and I haven't experienced any acne. I tend to get acne very easily too if I dont' take care of my skin. I wash my face daily with an acne wash and I apply aloe vera gel and vitamin E oil to my face and then a moisturizer with an SPF and that's it. I know exactly what you mean about researching everything. I do the same because if I'm going to do something, I really want it to work...lol.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 12th January 2011, 3:10 pm

@ Nola.....the girls and my hubby have been out of school/work - 3rd day now!!!! LOL It's a mess. You would think they'd have it together by now!!! LOL

So Ladies, I cowashed my hair this morning to get rid of some of the sweat from my workouts. I then re-oiled my scalp with castor oil and then sparyed with this new mix of stuff I just threw together last night -- some water, conditioner, evoo, castor oil and it seems ok. My hair is still damp and that was like at least 3 hours ago that I did this but it's up in a bun too so that doesn't help it dry. Oh and I retwisted most of them.

Can't wait til the next length check!!! Hope you all are staying warm!! Smile
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 12th January 2011, 9:22 pm

Misskriss, I applaud your working out. I have to get back motivated. I am sliding in that area. I am find with eating and everything else. Keep up the good work.

Thanks for sharing your experience with the Biotin Butterfly!

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 12th January 2011, 11:00 pm

Thanks, Nola. I know it's hard. I struggle with this thing all the time. Just find something to motivate you. Smile
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 16th January 2011, 3:06 pm

Morning, ladies! Just checking in. I've been keeping up with my eating right, exercising, and drinking lots of water. My hair is growing and feeling healthy. I have decided that I can no longer stand these relaxed ends. My beautician is on maternity leave and will be returning on Feb. 2nd. I will be going to see her very shortly after that to get the rest of the relaxer cut out. I would go today if she was there...lol.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 16th January 2011, 4:40 pm

LOL Butterfly. That's right get them ends CUT!!!! LOL dance YAY!!! Seems like no ones been on here in a few days until you posted!! I guess folks have been busy.

So I, too, have been doing good with my eating and workouts. My husband got us both a gym membership (ain't no LVAC LOL but....) so I am happy about that!!!! woot! That will help me out some. AND they have a chidlcare room too so I can bring my son with me when I need to.

I was on my period this week so I didn't lose much...I guess I'll talk more about that in the weight loss challenge thread!! But all in all, I'm doing well. Hope you all are too!!

afro
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 1st February 2011, 1:07 am

Okay Ladies, what's up with everyone. I will be back in the physical activity sit this week. Also, putting together my plan for latin dancing. Looking forward to that. Still focusing on proper vitamin and mineral intake, as well as water. These are pretty routine for me. Misskris, I know the ATL has gotten more than its share of snow to last a decade.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 1st February 2011, 2:19 am

Good for you, naturallynola! My exercise routine is still not solid, but I'm still drinking all my water and eating right and taking my multivitamin and biotin.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 21st February 2011, 10:46 pm

Hola my fellow healthy curly friends!

Well, I have NOT been solid with the exercise, but I am back on track now. Bought a juicer and I am about to get back into that, which will help me by juicing foods I can't otherwise eat. Hope everyone is doing well, hair growing, and life is good for you all. Just touching base to see what's going on.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 21st February 2011, 11:01 pm

And I'm glad you checked in, Naturallynola, because I needed a reminder! I've been doing okay with my water and eating healthy foods, but I did drop the ball with taking my multivitamin because I ran out. I will be replacing them this week and getting back on track with that.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 21st February 2011, 11:25 pm

Hey Butterfly, I like your avi! So, we both dropped the ball, but the imp. thing is we are picking it up again--lol. Who knows, I might be in your neck of the woods late summer. Trying to make some travel decisions. So, I better stick with the exercise game.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 21st February 2011, 11:26 pm

Yeah I forgot about this challenge too!!! All has been going well so far. I have been keeping up with my vitamins and water and healthy eats. Have dropped 20 lbs from all that too (plus the exercise)!!!

misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 21st February 2011, 11:27 pm

Way to go, Misskriss. 20 lbs. That is fav. Congrats bounce

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 24th February 2011, 4:30 pm

naturallynola wrote:Hey Butterfly, I like your avi! So, we both dropped the ball, but the imp. thing is we are picking it up again--lol. Who knows, I might be in your neck of the woods late summer. Trying to make some travel decisions. So, I better stick with the exercise game.

Thanks!! So comin' to Vegas, huh?!! Yes, stick with that exercise so you can be lookin' good and feelin' good when you come. This might sound funny to some, but I do much better in the Vegas heat when I'm not carrying anything "extra" around...lol.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next