CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This body part tells if your hair is healthy

+5
tiashaunteé
nyqtee
slimwithabs
QueenSheba
krys419
9 posters

Go down

This body part tells if your hair is healthy Empty This body part tells if your hair is healthy

Post by krys419 29th January 2011, 4:25 pm

Look at your nails. Are they hard? Good. Rub your arm. Is it smooth and soft? Good. This means you have enough protein and the hair growing out of your scalp is just as healthy. Of course nails can crack on things, just like your hair if not taken care of breaks off, but at least make sure the hair growing is in good condition.

Eat a lot of protein.

krys419

Back to top Go down

This body part tells if your hair is healthy Empty Re: This body part tells if your hair is healthy

Post by QueenSheba 29th January 2011, 9:45 pm

Check and check!!!
QueenSheba
QueenSheba

Back to top Go down

This body part tells if your hair is healthy Empty Re: This body part tells if your hair is healthy

Post by slimwithabs 29th January 2011, 9:50 pm

Did the check. I am healthy.
slimwithabs
slimwithabs

Back to top Go down

Post by krys419 30th January 2011, 6:10 pm

Great job ladies!

krys419

Back to top Go down

Post by nyqtee 5th February 2011, 6:43 pm

Yeah! My hair has good protein. Thanks for the tip. I've been natural for almost 9 years. Most those years I had locs. Loved them but needed a change so I did the BC of my locs June 2010 and for the past 8 months loving the natural styles I've been learning and experimenting with. Still new to finding the right products for my hair type of 4A, but all you natural divas have been giving me great advice. Thanks! cheers
nyqtee
nyqtee

http://www.twitter.com/NYQtee

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 5th February 2011, 10:00 pm

Interesting. I have noticed that my nails are usually growing pretty and strong when my hair is doing the same but I never put two and two together.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by nyqtee 5th February 2011, 11:25 pm

Beautiful profile pic Tiashauntee. I'm really loving your hair. What do you use to get good curldfinition and moisture?
nyqtee
nyqtee

http://www.twitter.com/NYQtee

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 5th February 2011, 11:33 pm

nyqtee wrote:Beautiful profile pic Tiashauntee. I'm really loving your hair. What do you use to get good curldfinition and moisture?

That pic is from Aug 2010 - I can't remember. It maybe somewhere on my blog. I tend to stick to what works. Maybe conditioner and Organics Clove & Olive oil
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsofGlory 8th February 2011, 5:58 am

Thanks...love this! I passed Very Happy
CurlsofGlory
CurlsofGlory

Back to top Go down

Post by MsVera 14th February 2011, 1:24 am

I'm not so sure about that.
My nails have ALWAYS been strong, long and healthy, but not so much my hair.
MsVera
MsVera

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 19th February 2011, 9:41 am

Very Interesting....my nails are hard, and my skin is soft, but I never connected those things to hair. Thanks for sharing!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nappyme 16th March 2011, 6:48 pm

I have naturally very soft nails that split horribly. In fact, I can tear my nails like a piece of paper. So my nails are absolutely not a good indicator of my hair health. All the women in my family have very soft nails, yet everyone's hair grows fine and when it's well taken care of, retains length quite well.

Right now, my hair is BSL and doing just fine.
Nappyme
Nappyme

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down